Overnight Sensation

13

My eyes were half closed when the cab stopped at a hotel. Zack carried me out bridal style and he quickly got into an empty elevator after we walked through the lobby. As the elevator glided upwards, I asked him to put me down. He put me down gently and I had to look down because my cheeks were redder than a tomato.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and his jacket wrapped around my soaked wet body more. When we reached his floor, he led me out by my hand and I could see Rian, Jack, and Alex were waiting at the living room.

They all gasped at me and I could tell that Zack shot them a look as we walked passed them. He led me to his room and I felt like I wanted to talk to him, but my lips were shut locked.

“Here.”, he handed me his sweatshirt and a pair of basketball shorts. “You have to change or you’ll catch a cold.”

I nodded and walked into the bathroom. When I saw the reflection on the mirror, I broke down. I couldn’t believe it, I needed to talk to him, and I had to gather my courage. With a deep breath, I changed and walked out from the room.

Zack was sitting at a sofa in the room and when I walked out, he took a deep breath. He stood up and was about to walk out when I tugged his arm. “Don’t.”

He looked down to me and his hand slowly traced my cheek. His touch sent shivers through my spine and I missed the feeling. My hands dropped to my sides and he turned his body facing me completely.

Both of his hands now were on my cheeks and mine encircled his wrists. “This is wrong.”, I finally whispered.

“Sash.”, he breathed. “I missed you.”

I nodded. “Me too. We need to talk.”

He nodded and led me to the bed. We sat on the edge, next to each other. I couldn’t bare myself to scream in the inside. Our position felt like déjà vu, and I just wanted to pull his face and kissed him, but it was wrong.

“Why didn’t you tell me? You could’ve just tell me about it.”

“I can’t.”, he sighed. “I can’t, I would’ve changed my mind just hearing your voice. I even can’t get you out of mind, even though I’ve tried so many times, but it hurts when you’re not in there.”

“I thought you would’ve forgot about me by now.”, I muttered as I played the hem of the sweatshirt’s sleeve.

I could feel Zack’s stare burning the side of my head. My eyes peeked from the corner and our eyes met. He cupped my face in his hand. “Didn’t you hear what I said? You never left my mind, Sash.”

Slowly, he leaned in and our lips met. Tears started to roll down when our lips moved in synchronize. His lips sent electricity down to my spine and I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss.

He groaned when I deepen the kiss. It felt so good but heartbreaking at the same time. I knew that tomorrow he would come back to his girlfriend and left me out. The old wound started to heal with his touch and his kisses.

We pulled away for air and we just looked into each other’s eyes. His lips formed into a smile as he pecked me on the lips quickly. “I love you, Sash.”
I nodded and wiped my tears off with the sleeve. “I love you too.”
***********
My eyes fluttered open as the sun peeked through the room from the curtains. Zack’s arm was still wrapped around my waist and I had to slide carefully out of it. When I changed to my already dried clothes, Zack stirred on the bed and I could see his eyes opened a bit.

“Where are you going?”, he asked groggily. I smiled and kneeled on the side of the bed, pecking his lips.

“Home. I need to change, and I have another photo shoot in the afternoon.”

“You promised Alex to come to the show.”

I nodded. “Yeah. I’ll come. What about your girlfriend?”

His greenish eyes widened when I talked about his girlfriend. “She’s in Cali.”

“Okay. I’ll see you later.”

He leaned forward and pressed his lips onto mine. I pulled away, teasing him. It felt like, when I was with him, the entire confidant I had before he left me was back. I walked out from the room and got into the elevator. When it glided down, my heart accelerated as the images of last night was filling my mind.

When I walked out from the hotel and to the sidewalks, New York’s morning heat felt really good on my skin. The walk from the hotel to Richie’s building wasn’t that far, so I decided to walk and enjoy the morning.

I greeted the doorman when I walked into the lobby, and when I got out from the elevator and to the condo; Richie and Traver were in the living room, discussing some things.

They watched me as I walked up the stairs. “What?”, I asked them.

“You looked…happy.”, Richie responded.

“And that’s a good thing, right?”, Traver added.

I rolled my eyes and continued my way up to my room. I changed and rushed out from my room, already gotten so many calls from my photographer about the shoot. When I was walking through the crowded sidewalk, I passed a couple.

The guy didn’t notice me but I recognized him. His face was decorated with some bruises around his eye and his cheek. His pregnant girlfriend was at his side, comforting him.

It was Nat. I fished my phone out and dialed Rian’s number, which I put on speed dial for emergencies. “Hello?”, he answered.

“Rian, can you describe me what Zack’s girlfriend looks like?”

“Why?”, he asked in curiosity. “Well, she’s blonde, around 5’ 7”, long hair—“

“I saw her!”, I cut him off when his description pictured the girl who linked her arm with Nat’s. He choked on something on the other line and I waited until he controlled his breathing.

“Where!? She’s in California, and she’s pregnant, she can’t travel.”

“But she just walked by me! And surprisingly, she’s with my ex.”

“Okay, text me where you are and we’ll meet up. We need to find out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the sucky update,and seriously,can one of you guess who Nat is? he's a band dude!