Overnight Sensation

09

My eyes fluttered open and looked out to the window from my bed. The sky turned from dark blue to dull orange before it turned into a brilliant light blue. My eyes felt sore, my head hurt so bad, and my lips were chapped and dry.

I didn’t know how long I cried last night. The tissues strewn around the bed was the only evidence of last night’s catastrophe. After Zack told me that he was going back today, I was delusional. I went straight back home after our conversation, not wanting to spend the last time I could with him and the guys.

The emotion was like a tornado inside me. I wished the time would stop for just a second so I could spend more time just with him. Memories flashed in my mind, from the first time I met him at the club.

When I ran onto him as Rachel pulled me, and he spilled his drinks all over himself. My lips twitched into a bitter smile but faded when I remembered about last night. I couldn’t believe it he’ll be leaving me soon.

When the sun was already higher than before, I slid out from my bed. I took a quick shower and changed. The drive to the hotel was dull and quiet. I didn’t want to turn on the radio because I was scared that a song that would remind me of him came on.

I occasionally peeked to the empty passenger seat and remembered how he sat there just last night, tracing his finger up and down my arm. A lump rose inside my throat and tears started to cloud my vision.

My free hand wiped them off and I started to sob. When I was already near the hotel, I pulled over for a minute and fixed my face. Thank God I didn’t put make-up on.

I parked my car in my usual spot and went to lobby. When I looked around, I saw Matt and Rian near the elevator. My lips fell to a frown because I realized they were leaving soon. My legs brought me to one of the white sofa in the lobby and I sat down.

I buried my face in my hands and controlled my breathing. When I heard someone’s footsteps walking towards me, I looked up and saw Rian, smiling down to me. “Hey, Sash.”

“Hey, Ri.”, I stood up and hugged him. “I’m going to miss you guys so much.”

He nodded and hugged back. “We’ll miss you too.”

“I’m sorry I broke the promise. I couldn’t help it. I love him, Ri.”

“I know that too.”, he pulled away and ruffled my hair like a big brother would do. “And I know that he loves you too.”

“I thought you were in his girlfriend’s side.”

“Please.”, he scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Courtney is a bitch, I tell you. She only uses Zack because of his fame.”

“Well, I hope you’re on my side now.”

“Of course.”, he smiled and pulled me into a hug for three seconds, and pulled away again. “You’re going to the airport with us, right?”

“Yeah, I hope you guys don’t mind.”

“Not at all!”

“Sasha!”, a high screamed echoed through the semi-crowded lobby, and then Jack scooped me into a hug. “I’m so gonna miss you!”

“I’ll miss you too Jackie!”, I giggled and pulled away. “Promise not to forget about me?”

“Yes!”, he grinned and pulled away completely. Then, Alex said his good byes before Zack stood in front of me. I smiled sheepishly when my blue eyes met his green ones.

“Hey.”, I whispered, but I knew he could hear me.

“Hey.”, he smiled back and took my hand in his. “I thought you wouldn’t come.”

“I have to. I can’t not to see you for the last time.”

He suddenly pulled me into his arms and I held back the tears. I saved it for the real last one, the one in the airport. Matt called us to hurry and we pulled away. Zack had his arm around my shoulder and I had mine around his waist as we walked to the van that will take us to the airport.

We sat in the very back row, so the others won’t disturb us. The drive was gloomy and quiet, even Jack didn’t joke around. I had my head on Zack’s shoulder, enjoying every last minute I had. Our fingers were intertwined with each other’s.

The warmth of his body crept onto mine and I closed my eyes, swallowing the lump in my throat. While my eyes were still closed, I could feel his fingers traced down my cheeks, my neck and to my shoulder. I’ll miss the shivers that ran through my body when he did it.

When we arrived at the airport, I never let go of his hand, and so did he. We waited for their plane to board in the waiting lounge together. The others gave us space and they sat on the other side of the lounge. None of us said anything. We were just enjoying each other’s presence.

He knew I couldn’t say anything without letting my tears fall. When the woman in the P.A announced that their flight was already boarded, we stood up and went to the gate. The guys hugged me for one last time, but I still didn’t let Zack’s hand go. I didn’t want to.

When it was the time, I turned around to him and smiled a little. “It’s time.”

He just smiled and cupped my face in his hand, brought it closer to his. Our lips were just an inch away, and then, slowly he pressed it against mine. I threw my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. We didn’t care about the dirty looks people gave us. We didn’t care about the gate security cleared his throat of annoyance. It felt like we were the only two people here.

Tears started to fall from my face and I pulled away, not wanting him to miss his flight. “You better go.”

“Don’t forget about me, okay?”

“I think that’s my line.”

“Yeah.”, he chuckled bitterly as he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. “I’ll be back soon.”

“Okay. I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We stayed for a couple seconds, just standing there and looked to each other’s eyes. I tried to let his hand go, and it was heart breaking. When his hand already completely off from mine, it felt like someone punched a hole through my heart.

He walked into the gate, gave the security his boarding past and when he was off the gate, he looked at me past his shoulder and gave that crooked smile I loved. I tried my best to smile and waved at him. He walked in and out of my sight completely.

My breath got heavier and huskier. With all my force, I ran to the huge window that showed the runway. I sobbed quietly as I saw the plane ran on the runway and took off. My forehead was pressed onto the window and I sucked all the air around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i listened to Baby while writing this
shoot me,i know
and i love this chapter
<3