Sequel: Growing Up

The Connection

Catching Up

Leyna said her goodbyes to the group of friends, finding her trench coat she headed out the door. Just as her hand reached for the doorknob someone’s hand enveloped hers. Turning she was met with a familiar pair of eyes.

“Can I help you Matt?” She asked buttoning her coat.

“I’ve just- I have to ask you something.” He sighed and she could tell this had been bothering him.

“Do you love him?” He blurted out. “Your fiancée. Do you love him?”

Smiling Leyna’s thoughts drifted to the man she would soon pledge her love too. He truly was her everything and her heart swelled just at the thought of him.

“I do,” She smiled at Matt, “His name is Sean, and I love him more than anything.”

“Good,” Matt smiled genuinely “I'm so happy for you Ley.”

“Do you love Val?” She asked in return.

“So much,” Matt immediately answered, “You have no idea, she’s so wonderful.” Leyna could tell the bliss he was in talking about his wife.

There were no jealous feelings in the two of them. No impure thoughts, no envious looks, just genuine, caring, friendly love.

“I love you Mattie,” Leyna smiled wider as he returned her smile.

“Love you too,” He said pulling her into an embrace “Friends?” He asked into her shoulder.

“Forever,” She said pulling back. “See you soon.” She said turning to walk out the door and to her car; she had a feeling that a weight had finally been lifted from her shoulders.

*

“Can you get my suitcases?” Liss sweetly asked Zacky while getting out of his car.

“Of course,” He said walking to the trunk retrieving her large cases of luggage. “Damn, how much did you bring?” He asked carrying the cases to the house.

“Not much,” She smiled yanking her phone out of Zacky’s back pocket.

As Liss unpacked her clothing in Zacky’s spare bedroom, her phone buzzed on the bed.

Lets do lunch, call me in the morning 
Love you.
-Ley.

Sending a quick text back, Liss wrote:

Of course, drop by Zacky’s at 11.
Love you too.
-Liss


Dropping her phone on her bed Liss pulled on her pajamas and went to go to the bathroom down the hall. Opening her door she yelped in surprise when she saw Zacky standing there.

“Shit Liss, don’t do that.” He said placing a hand on his chest.

“Um you were at my door, creeper.”

“I just wanted to know if you needed anything,” He nervously smiled stepping towards her.

“I'm fine.” She smiled playing with a strand of her hair. For a moment everything was silent. Their surroundings ceased to exist. There was not a care in the world.
He was leaning in, and then his lips were on hers.
It was as if five years were suddenly catching up with them in the most intimate way. Placing her hand on the back of his neck, Liss pulled him closer as he pulled her out of her room and down the hall, to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
so hi.
basically i got....no feedback on the last chapter. Which in turn made me sit on my couch with a box of Coffee ice cream and ball my eyes out while watching re-runs of House.
Yeah not really. But i was not happy.
So please you lovely people, comment :)
And to the first couple of commenters, i will dedicate the next chapter to you :)

So Pleaseeee.
Yes i have resorted to begging and bribing :)