Sequel: Growing Up

The Connection

Nothing to Hide

Frustrated Leyna sighed, as she hit mid-day Huntington traffic on her way to Zacky’s house.

“Move your damn ass old man!” She shouted out the window with pure anger. She hated traffic. Sitting back, she took a sip of her green tea as the traffic slowly began to pick up, and twenty minuets later, she was pulling into Zacky’s driveway.
After knocking on the door for the tenth time, Leyna decided to let herself in. Walking in, she observed Zacky’s odd décor. Walking past a skeleton, she cringed and wandered into the kitchen.

“Honey! I'm home!” She yelled loudly her voice echoing in the huge home. She sat at a stool at the kitchen bar sipping her tea as she heard hurried footsteps upstairs.

“Hey Ley, is it twelve already?” Liss said hurrying down the stairs in an oversized Metallica shirt, clearly not her own. Eyeing her up and down, Leyna smirked devilishly.
“What?” Liss asked, “Why are you smiling like that?”
“You look like you had a fun night,” Leyna continued smirking as Zacky paraded downstairs with a shit eating grin on his face, while wearing just boxers.

“Babe? Whose here?” He asked.

Liss’s eyes went wide, as Leyna shifted her attention to the half-naked man waltzing down the stairs, with her mouth agape.
Burying her face in her hands, Liss blushed as Zacky paraded into the kitchen.

“Howdy little lady,” He greeted Leyna coming up behind Liss wrapping his arms around her.
“Well, looks like you kids made up,” Leyna chuckled at the couple.

“Shut up,” Liss blushed as Zacky rested his chin on her shoulder.

“We have nothing to hide,” Zacky smiled

“Obviously,” Leyna stated eyeing the couple up and down.

“I’ll go get dressed.” Zacky said untangling his arms from Liss’s body and marching towards the stairs.

Watching him exit Liss sighed.
“Don’t,” Liss paused “Just don’t say anything.” Putting up her finger to Leyna, Liss also headed for the stairs. “I'm going to go get dressed, and I’ll meet you outside in 10 minuets.”

Quietly laughing at her best friend, Leyna grabbed her tea and headed back out to her car.

*

“That was so embarrassing.” Liss stated walking into Zacky’s room to find her clothing.

“How was that embarrassing?” Zacky asked and when Liss did not answer, he continued, “Are you embarrassed of us? Of me?” Zacky exclaimed.

“No, shut up Baker, it’s just embarrassing okay?” Finally finding her bra, Liss headed out of the room to find her suitcase.

“No it’s not okay,” Zacky, retorted taking hold on Liss’s arm as she entered the guest room. “Are you embarrassed of me?”

“Baker,” Liss sighed, “I'm not embarrassed okay? Just, you were standing there in your boxers, and me, and Leyna seeing us, and it was all just a little humiliating.” She said placing her hand on his cheek. “You know I love you,” Leaning up she kissed his lips tugging on his lip ring.

Unconvinced, Zacky gave her a look.

“Ok, I love you too.” Letting her arm go she smiled up at him.

“And I’ll show you how much, when I get home.” Winking at him, she turned around and went to get dressed.

*

“Matt, did you call everyone informing them of the time and stuff?” Val asked her husband as he sat at their dining room table, going over funeral plans and making calls.

“No, not yet.” He sighed, “This is just so hard.”

“Oh baby, I know,” Val comforted him wrapping her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek, “I know.”

“Can you call Michelle and Lacey and stuff? I still have to call his family, Leanna won’t be able to.”

“I will, don’t worry.” Kissing his cheek again, she stood up and headed to her cell phone.

Catching her arm before she was out of reach Matt pulled her back to him, “I love you, you know that right?” He asked into her eyes.

“Of course,” Val smiled kissing his nose as he let her go.

***
“Babe?” Leyna asked from the abyss known as her closet.

“Yeah?” Sean called from the bed

“Can you come tell me which black looks black enough to wear to a funeral?” She asked sweetly.

“Who gives a crap as long as it’s black? Just come here and give me some love!” Sean whined from the bed.

“You are useless,” Leyna sighed exiting her closet to see her huge hockey player fiancée lounging on their king-size bed in his plaid boxers.

“If I was useless you wouldn’t keep me around,” He smirked pulling her to on top on him.

“I wouldn’t marry you either,” she paused “Hmm.”

“Hey hey hey!” He exclaimed, “Don’t go getting any ideas.” He pouted.

“Never,” She giggled kissing his pink pouting lips. “I love you,” She added kissing his chin.

“I do believe I love you more,” Sean said his hands moving down to her shorts, tugging on them gently.

“I do believe you are incorrect,” She said pulling his hands over his head and kissing him passionately and straddling his lap as he groaned beneath her. Letting go of her grip on his wrists, she slid off his body and sauntered back into the closet with an extra sway to her hips, intent on finding something to wear.

***
“Damn woman,” Zacky sighed collapsing onto the pillows as Liss cuddled into his chest. “You really kept to your word.” His breathing finally steady as he kissed her head.

Giggling Liss traced the tattoo on his chest, “You thinking about getting one?” Zacky asked.

“A tattoo?” Liss asked raising her eyebrows. “I don’t know,” She smiled kissing his death bat.

After a moment of silence Liss smiled “I missed you, I missed this.”

Kissing his shoulder Liss looked up at Zacky’s emerald eyes to see he was still in his sex buzz. “I missed this too.” He nodded a smirk in his voice.

“Not the sex you big oaf,” She laghed, and playfully smacked his chest “Well of course I missed that, but I meant mostly being like this, here, with you.” Laying her head on his arm, she kissed his jaw.

“Oh babe,” Zacky chuckled “You have no idea.” He began.
“I have missed your eyes, I have missed your voice, I have missed your smell, your touch, your laugh, the way your roll your eyes when I do something stupid, the way you look in the mornings, the way you look when you wear nothing but my shirt,” He added smirking. “I miss when you cook in your underwear...I miss your underwear,” Liss laughed gently shoving his shoulder “I miss when you would watch me play guitar like it was the coolest thing in the world, I miss talking about our future, our wedding, our kids,” Smiling down at Liss’s eyes that were glossy from the tears accumulating “You okay?” He asked wiping away a tear that had escaped.

Liss nodded and said, “You know what I missed?”

“What?” Zacky smiled anxious to hear what she had to say.

“I missed your pudge,” She giggled poking his belly.

“Fuck you,” He joked turning over so his back was facing her.

“Already did,” She laughed loudly as Zacky also began to laugh. Liss pounced out of bed pulling Zacky’s naked form along with her instructing him to follow.

“Where?” Zacky asked

“Shower.” She simply stated and that was all that needed to be said.
♠ ♠ ♠
A huge thanks to Katycakes, and HaleyMarie, this chapter was for you! And of-course Laina, every chapter i write is for you, even though you already know what happens and have probably read it a billion times.
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! It really keeps me posting! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, its probably one of my favorites :)