Sequel: Growing Up

The Connection

Forever You

“Matt? Could you let Bella out before she breaks down the back door?” Val called out of her and Matt’s bathroom as she applied her make-up. Not hearing any movement bellow, and Bella still barking, Val decided to let Bella out herself. Sighing, she went down the stairs to see Bella clawing at the back door, and Matt sitting on the couch staring off into space. Val opened the door and let the dog out, then turned and joined her husband on the couch.

“Matty?” She asked placing a hand on his bicep.

“Hmm?” He asked, his eyes changing and focusing on her.

“Did you hear me call you a second ago?”

“No? What did you say?” Matt asked his brows knitting together in confusion.

“Never mind,” Val smiled understanding the hard time her husband was going through.
“I'm going to go finish getting ready and we will go get some dinner okay?”

Matt nodded and forced a smile for his wife before she pecked his lips and returned upstairs.

Moments ago, his mind was elsewhere, his mind on memories. Memories that he will never let go of. He thought of the days he had spent with Jimmy, as children, adolescents, and adults. They were together in the early years of elementary school, acting out without a care in the world. They were together in their teenage years, chasing girls and smuggling beers from their parents. Most importantly, they were together the days before Jimmy passed; their concerts, their album and Matt’s wedding. Trying to hold in his emotion Matt got up and sauntered up the stairs to find his wife.

-

“If you didn’t eat so much you would be able to catch me!” Liss squealed running through the warm sands on the California beach. Zacky, out of breath, paused before giving Liss an angry look. She giggled and continued to run near the shoreline, her feet splashing the cool water around ankles. Zacky smiled to himself at the sight before him and took off running after Liss. In seconds he was hot on her heels making her yelp in fear, her feet pounding into the sand trying to run faster. Suddenly she was swept up into his arms as he twirled her around.

“Got ya.” He huskily mumbled into her neck as she wrapped her arms around him.

“You got lucky, Pudge.” She chuckled making Zacky cringe at the new nickname.

“What’s with the fat jokes?” Zacky pouted.

“You’re not fat!” Liss exclaimed as her feet touched the sand again when Zacky put her down, “You are pleasantly plump, and I love it.” She giggled poking his cheek.

“Whatever,” Zacky rolled his eyes sitting on the beach towel they had brought along.

“Hey,” Liss said plopping down on his lap making him grunt. “I love you.” She added pecking his lips. Zacky smiled and snaked his arms around her middle.

“Love you more.” He laughed as she tried to stand back up. “Sit. I wanna talk about something.”

“Okay,” Liss sighed leaning her back against Zacky’s chest, settling between his legs. “What do you wanna talk about?”

“Well…” Zacky began placing his chin on her shoulder. “Its about us.”

“Go on.”

“Its just me right?” He asked nervously “There isn’t some guy back in New York you’re going back to? I'm not just some fling right?”

“Um, well…” Liss started making Zacky’s body stiffen. She laughed and turned around straddling his legs facing him. “It’s just you. There were others after you but it’s always been just you.”

Smiling Zacky leaned his head in towards her capturing her lips in a sensual kiss.

“I am going to have to go back though, what’s going to happen then?” Liss asked resting her forehead against his.

“I don’t wanna talk about that yet...” He said closing his eyes making Liss sigh. “So where were you today when you stole my car?”

“Well I didn’t steal it; Leyna and I went shopping because I needed some shoes for my outfit for the funeral.” Liss explained entwining her fingers with Zacky’s.

“You bought three bags of shoes?” He asked bewildered.

“No, just one pair the other bags were other things I decided I needed.” She giggled.

“Ha-ha,” Zacky laughed his plump lips breaking out into the most adorable grin. “Gena did that once except she came home with sev-”

“Don’t.” Liss ordered silencing Zacky with her finger. “Don’t compare me to her, I'm not her. Its just me right?” She asked using the words he had previously used.

“Only you.” He nodded apologetically “Forever you.”

Liss smiled pulling him up to his feet and taking off towards the water. He laughed shaking his head before jogging off towards the water to catch the woman he loved. It seems that he would spend his whole life chasing her to make sure she always stayed in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
only 814 words.
i know. im sorry. more soon i promise. it will be coming to a close shortly. i love you all so muchhhhh. thanks for all the awesome feedback all my readers are the bomb. especially the silent ones ;)

special thanks to nevershoutkallie! her comment made me wanna update :)

pleasee tell me what you guys think. i would really love that. What do you think of Zacky and Liss' relationship? is it gonna last when she goes home? are they gonna end it again?
any predictions? i love you tons dolls!