The Ghost of Her Past

School

Mayfield High School: February 21, 2007

"Alrightie then student!" Exclaimed Mr.DeVaun, Darria's biology teacher. "Last day of the week to rock this hip-hop crib!" No one said anything but simply stared and wondered why Wednesday was the "last day" for Mr.DeVaun.....or they kept talking to their friends. Darria occupied herself with her shirt, a bright green tee shirt that stood out against her peers. She liked to know that she was the most creative dresser in the school seeing as how everyone dressed as if they were going to go to some kind of setting where some rapper was going to jump on a car and start dancing.
Her shirt had yellow boxes with the days of the week explained by Bobby Jack, the monkey. 'Wednesday. Halfway.' Yep. Right you are.

Everyone suddenly went silent in unison, Darria looked up from her shirt. She knew the reason immediately as an unreadable girl stepped forward from her front-row seat. She was what was rare here in Mayfield...she was white. Not only that but the way she was dressed made it unbelievable that no one had noticed her earlier.

A black short-sleeve shirt stating that she ate Pablo, checkered skinny jeans, a thousand bracelets on her right wrist that extended almost all the way to her elbow and a black and red glove on the other hand; one pink stocking and one neon green that peaked out of her mismatched shoe-laced black boots. Her hair was shorter on one side than the other and spiked at the back; red-tipped long bags covering her eyes, the rest of her bangs were dyed green, magenta and blue streaked together in a beautiful yet extravagant manner.

But the most peculiar thing was that she did not seem to acknowledge or care, it was hard to tell, that all 40 students were staring at her and the bright red blood running from her nose.

"Ummmm, Hadeline? Do you want a nurse's pass?" Inquired the teacher breaking the silence.

"Nah," The strange girl named Hadeline said. "A tissue ought to do it." Her voice was noticeably different as well, an accent that sounded American with a slight foreign tone.
'Hmmmm' thought Darria, 'Hadeline must be a much more common name than I thought.'

She was thinking of how she had suggested the name she had made-up for Karli's oldest daughter. It was indeed surprising but she was much more stunned at how the girl carried herself.

"Okay brothers and sisters." Continued Mr. DeVaun, sensing the tension, "This is our new student, Hadeline Emma Sailor-Werner. She transferred from Jersey--"

"It's pronounced Seyler. You know like Sigh then lure." Said the girl leaving Darria speechless and with her mouth hanging 20 feet. Hadeline Emma Seyler-Werner that name...no. Impossible....just a weird coincidence. Had to be.

That girl had the exact same name as Karli's baby thousands of miles away. She had to meet her and pronto.
_______________________________________________________________________

Hadeline turned out to be in most of her classes and had been a distraction in all. Darria had also heard that she had cussed-out her long time crush Dane 5th period during AP Art. Rumour had it that Dane had asked why some random freshman from Jersey of all places was taking AP Art and Hadeline exploded. Sounded like Karli. TOO much like her, artsy.

As lunch rolled around, Darria caught up with her usual group of friends.
There was Annie, a small girl who claimed to be Darria's best friend since 6th grade. Johnny, a Mexican-American guy who started tagging behind the group until he was included. Rochelle, Johnny's friend and Peter who was now one of the now ten white kids on campus.

"Have you guys seen the new girl?" Darria casually asked as they sat down at one of the old benches.

"Rane?" Asked Annie.

"You mean Hadeline." Said Peter taking out his sandwich and rock, paper, scissoring Johnny for the better half.

"Nope, I'm pretty sure her name was Rane."

"Maybe there's two new girls then." Mumbled Johnny through his overstuffed mouth.(He won the better half).

"Three." Stated Rochelle.

"Three?!" They all stared at her, new people on campus on the same day was rare if not unheard of.

"Yea, that one new guy." She said looking at them with her shallow brown eyes. "I didn't catch his name though."

"I think I did."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am in no way trying to be racist, stereotypical or anything like that. Just saying. Oh and Hadeline is modeled after a real person so don't even try to say she is too unrealistic.