A Little Piece Of Heaven

Die out, so you'll shut up.

I came in from the party, Brian went on with Zack to the bar. I smiled as I closed the door behind me, the only light on in the house was coming from the kitchen. I pulled my high heels off then padded in there.
Matt was sitting at the table, his arms folded into a makeshift pillow. I smiled to myself as I gently shook him.

"Matt? Matt. Get up, honey. You fell asleep at the table." I said sweetly.

He opened his eyes, "God, Ivy, way to scare the shit out of me."

He rubbed his eyes. I picked up the piece of paper he was drooling on.

"Matt? What's this?"

"Nothing." He said quickly then snatched it out of my hands.

"Matthew Sanders, I know when you're fucking lying to me. What was that?!"

He hung his head, "My plan to get you back."

"What do you mean get me back? I'm right here."

"I mean, I want you to be my girlfriend again."

"Matt, please, just understand. I love you, not like I love Brian. You're my best friend, always have, always will be.

"I know, I just miss you."

"I know, I'm sorry. We haven't been spending as much time together. I've been busy and I'm sorry. I always told myself I would always make time for friends." I said as I sat down at the table.

"It's okay."

"Are you sure? I promise, just me and you will go out soon. Just like when we were in high school."

"I'm sure. It's okay."

"Let me see that!" I said then jerked the plans out of his hand.

My blood turned cold when I realized this was a plan to kill Brian.

"Matt...why would you want to do something like this?" I asked, my face was expressionless. I didn't
know how to react to that.

"I missed you, he took you away from me." Matt said quietly.

"Please don't do this."

"I wont, I promise."

"Swear!"

"Swear on my mommy's grave." He said then gave me a sad smile.

I returned the smile, "Good. Now, let's go watch some tv. I don't think I could sleep with the baby this spazzed out."

"Can I see your stomach?" Matt asked. I turned around.

"Yeah, hold on. Let me put my pj's on." I said then scurried into my room. I closed and locked the door
behind me.

I unzipped the back of my dress, and changed into my pj's.

I left the room and Matt was waiting for me.

"Come here." I said then grabbed his hand and pulled him over. He was smiling, like he was a child.

I pulled my shirt up, exposing my decently large stomach. Treva's was bigger.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked as he hesitated to touch it.

"I think it's a boy but Brian wants a girl."

"I hope it's a boy. I want to teach him how to play football, Zack can teach him to play baseball and Jimmy and Johnny can teach him how to...uh...do something productive." He gave me a cheesy smile.

I laughed, "You can touch it if you want."

He looked at me, "Are you sure?"

I nodded. He reached his hand down and hesitated to touch it, but eventually laid his hand flat against my stomach.

"Dude! That's freaky!" He said then jerked his hand back.

"Brian doesn't like it either." I smiled.

"You're really happy aren't you?" He asked as he went to the couch. I followed him then sat down and put my feet up on the ottoman.

"I am, I didn't think being pregnant would make me this happy. But it did."

"I can tell, you know, you pretty much glow."

I blushed, "Thanks."

Me and Matt spent the night watching house re-runs. Just like old times.

"That old man is my hero, yo." Matt said.

"What the hell? He's a vicodin addict that's insane!"

"Exactly, he's a vicodin addict that is productive. He's a good doctor!"

"Well, imagine how good he'd be if he wasn't on drugs."

"No-" Matt was cut off mid-sentence by Brian storming through the door.

He was staggering and swaying.

"Brian?" I asked as I stood up.

"Hey...baby." He said as he wrapped his arm around me. I rolled my eyes. He suddenly passed out and caused me to drop to the floor with him. He was laying on top of me.

"Matt! Get him off of me!" I panicked.

Matt jumped up and easily lifted Brian off of me, he picked me up and sat me on my feet.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so..."

"Maybe you should go to the doctor in the morning." He suggested.

"I will. I'm gonna go to bed, and rest. Will you carry Brian up for me?" I asked. Matt nodded his head yes.

Have I run to far to get back home?