Status: NEW UPDATE! I'm back to finish this guys! We are going all the way ;)

Forced Affection

Assumptions.

‘Hallie, wake up’ Leo whispered beside me. I awoke to see him lying on his side already dressed on his side of the bed that was perfectly made.
‘Hmm, what?’ I asked not wanting to be disturbed. I’d much rather be sleeping, for once it was coming easily.
‘Get out. Make me breakfast’ Leo said sitting up.
‘What?’ I snapped. How dare he wake me up to get him breakfast!!! Immediately I was awake now! This boy brought my tolerance to an all time low.
‘I was joking. Food is on the table. Hungry? Either way hurry up. Mother rang. We need to be back at the mansion by 11:30am. We are having lunch with my grandparents’ Leo answered as he got off the bed and walked over to the window and stared out to the morning clouds and fog that had descended on the coldness of the city.
‘Time?’ I asked climbing out of the warm bed and trying to avoid any way of seeing my appearance I’m sure it looked bad.
‘Time to get ready’ Leo said walking to the kitchen and getting himself a drink. I made my way to the table and looked at the blue berry waffles with fresh strawberries waiting on the plate. My stomach growled I had forgotten how hungry I was.
‘When are we leaving?’ I asked.
’10:30, that way we will be there on time. Oh and at this lunch please don’t repeat last night’s shenanigans’ Leo said leaning on the door and finishing his drink.
‘Whatever. How long do I have to get ready?’ I asked eating the food and feeling nothing towards Leo.
‘45minutes?’ Leo said turning his head and glancing at the clock on the wall.
‘Great. Clothing?’ I asked sarcastically.

All of last night’s progress was forgotten. I wanted to go back to the silence that felt comfortable, where Leo felt right, where the pain from losing my uncle didn’t hurt quiet as much and the fear for my brother’s life wasn’t overwhelming me. But I guess it wasn’t to last.

‘Yeah. There is some...somewhere’ Leo answered walking out of the room in search of clothing.
‘Whatever. Like I care I would much rather jump of a bridge than be present at your stupid lunch’ I snapped. He had that affect on me-automatically making me angry. I’m unaware of how he did it-but he just did.
‘Well I know we would both be happier with the outcome had we not made any stupid decisions that left as sharing a life’ Leo snapped. He appeared next to me immediately snarling as if I had just spat on him. Damn he could move.
‘Well what can I say? You’re a fool for pretty women!’ I snapped slamming my fork down and glaring into Leo’s black eyes. I should be afraid but I knew I could take him.
‘Pretty? That isn’t the first word I would use to describe you!’ Leo snapped back glaring right back at me. I wasn’t sure where his hostility was coming from or even what had caused it. But to be perfectly honest I didn’t care. I think I wanted to argue, fight, yell and scream just as much as he did. At least that way I wouldn’t only feel the numbness I have been since the accident.
‘Yeah well guess the first word I would describe you as? Oh that’s right you can’t! You can’t read my mind!’ I snapped standing up and holding my ground.
‘Please if I could read your mind I would feel my brain cells dying and myself getting dumber almost immediately’ Leo snapped looking down on me. I guess that was his advantage of being 7 inches taller than me.
‘Why you listen to Skye’s?’ I snapped.
‘You couldn’t let it go could you?’ Leo snapped slamming his fist into the table as the crack appeared and the table collapsed around the force. Now in 2 halves the table fell to the ground.
‘Oh real impressive’ I snapped as I pushed the chair back and walked away from Leo.
‘Don’t walk away from me’ Leo snarled grabbing my arm and pulling me back to him.
‘Unless you want me to hurt you, then I suggest you let go!’ I replied as I whirled around and glared at him.
‘I doubt that very much’ Leo whispered, I felt a shiver go down my spine and I knew that if he wanted me dead I would be.
‘Try me.’ I replied still not faltering with my glare but feeling a queasy sensation in my stomach. Leo didn’t say or do anything he pushed me away.
‘Get ready.’ He said walking out the front door. I guess the conversation was over!
There was no point in even trying to understand the complex mind of Parker. I went to the bed and found a yellow, light flowing summer dress with a long black coat to keep me warm. I sighed and went into the bathroom. I didn’t want to be here, the safety I once felt was no longer present and well it was clear Leo didn’t want me here either.
I let the hot water fall down my body, the following heat let the worries cascade away. I stood under the shower for as long as I could-my skin had started to go wrinkly and I knew it was time to get out. I grabbed a towel and walked out into the bedroom to get dressed.
‘Well hello again’ came a smooth poisonous voice from behind me. I tightened the towel around myself.
‘The tracker, right?’ I said as I turned around to see Nathan Orcino standing in the doorway smirking.
‘You know about me?’ Nathan said walking towards me. Unlike every movie I didn’t move back. I did not care if I was standing there only in a towel, completely naked underneath-I was not going to back down. Nor would I feel threatened by some male on an ego trip.
‘Well I tend to know what I’m hunting’ I snapped, but still didn’t move.
‘Well there is something we have in common. But I must point out to you; Leo is a 2 for one deal. You get him and you get his friends, get used of seeing us around.’ Nathan said as if feeling threatened by me.
‘Please we have nothing in common; besides knowing how to kill you. And Leo is no deal-he is a curse. I don’t want his stupid friends or any knowledge of this little “bromance” alright?’ I said knowing exactly how to push this vamp’s buttons.
‘You need to learn your place-you know that?’ Nathan snapped at me.
‘What? You going to teach me?’ I threatened feeling my power return. I took a step closer to Nathan as he immediately took a step back.
‘Well. I could?’ Nathan said sounding defeated. The fear that I felt drained.
‘You wouldn’t dare lay a hand on me’ I said taking another step towards him.
‘Oh I would lie so much more on you’ Nathan smirked-I guess he was rather cocky and considered himself a charmer.
‘Please if that was the case, you would never have hesitated’ I seduced taking another step towards Nathan. He gulped and looked away, avoiding eye contact always a way to maintain defeat.
‘I didn’t’ Nathan muttered.
‘Oh very convincing. That’s a good boy. Now run along’ I mocked as I patted Nathan on the shoulder and with all my force pushed him out the bedroom door. I locked the door and knew that it couldn’t actually stop him from coming through but it made me feel more in control. I got dressed as quick as I could. I refused to stay in that towel any longer than necessary. The clothes were on and my hair placed up in a messy bun. I had no makeup and couldn’t care less. I looked at the clock on the wall 5minutes until we were to leave. I walked out the bedroom door and expected to see Nathan. I didn’t.
‘Hurry up’ Leo said walking out the door. I grabbed my bag and the shoes form the night before. I left everything else.
‘Where is your friend?’ I asked as we made it into the elevator.
‘Nathan? Already on his way, I sent him over to make sure you, were, protected’ Leo mumbled.
‘Next time can you send over the Lucas guy? He is much better looking. Or even Drew at least I can tolerate him when needed. I mean with the Nathan guy he was putty in my hand. Honestly you need stronger friends’ yep I sounded like a whore. But to be honest I just wanted to annoy and hurt Leo the way he does me.
‘Well I could just send them all over and let you choose. Would that be better for you?’ Leo snapped as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, did I mention that he does that often-generally whenever I speak to him. I think it is because I annoy him so much.
‘No that won’t be necessary. I wouldn’t want to look like a whore’ I replied as I turned my back to him and looked at the elevator doors as they opened.
‘Could have fooled me!’ Leo snapped leading us out as he stormed away.
‘I guess it would, after all that is the kind of girl you normally surround yourself with, I assume you are not used of ones with class’ I snapped back at him standing in the foyer as he continued walking to the next elevator that led to the car park.
‘You shouldn’t make assumptions. You could be wrong.’ Leo finished walking into the elevator leaving me to stand there dumbfounded. I guess he wouldn’t bite in public. Now I looked like a major bitch. Nicely played Parker I thought, after all I can give credit where due. But 2 can play that game. I smirked to myself and walked over to the elevator to get the next one going down.

I hate driving. I hate the small space. I hate the music and most of all I hate this pain that I constituently feel on my shoulders; ‘even the best fall down some time, even the wrong words seem to rhyme, out of the doubt that feels my mind, but somehow find you and I collide’ Howie Day plays softly on the radio as we drive to the mansion. I don’t speak to Leo; I don’t even look at him. I can’t help it the music calms me; the anger is no longer there. Playing the game doesn’t even matter at this moment. ‘You finally find you and I collide’ I feel my lip quiver and I know the tears want to escape but I couldn’t bring myself to cry in front of him. Not again. I take a deep breath and wait for the song to finish, immediately the embarrassment hits me. A whore? I think as I replay our conversation in the elevator. I take another deep breath, yep regret is a feeling I’m getting use to. Possibly the feeling I feel the most. I can’t help but sigh again.
‘Yes?’ Leo snaps at me, after all we are no longer in public where he has a reputation to protect. I guess the music didn’t sooth him the same way it does me. I think of a sarcastic response, I think of crying, I think of yelling, I think of smirking and staying in character but I can’t. Instead I think of Uncle Mason and Alex. I think of my family especially Luka and Calvin. They need the support not me. They need family, I’m their family. They need me-I need them. I swallow a sob and bite my lip holding back the tears. I glance out the window and forget everything. I wish for compulsion to work on me, I wish to let this pain go away. I wish for things to be different.
‘Whatever’ Leo mumbles concentrating on the road as I feel him plant his foot and the car speed off leaving my surroundings as a blur.

We arrive at the big cast-iron gates and I don’t even think about the fact I have to meet Leo’s grandparents. I know enough about them to know that they won’t like me. They have all been against this marriage and are firm believers of vampires being the superior race and slayers being nothing more than scum. Of course everyone else is just food to them-except werewolves, they can be pets as well. What can I say? I already have my mind set on them. I shall try and be polite to make it up to Arianna, and prove Craig wrong. Not one part of me cared if I was accepted by them or not, or how Leo felt about it. The gates opened and Leo sped to the front of the door. There were a couple of cars parked out the front. I didn’t bother looking or even caring. I sighed again and Leo opened his door. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I constantly felt sad and just wanted to hide. I didn’t want to play happy families and I certainly didn’t want to be the perfect fiancé everyone was expecting me to play.
‘Parker’ I whispered as I opened my door and Leo grabbed the handle of the front door.
‘What?’ he snarled head bent looking at the handle but not opening it.
‘I’m not a whore. I’m independent and I can protect myself. I don’t like talking about feelings and you make me want to just give up. I don’t want to have a D&M right now but I’m sad. I need to see my family. I miss them and I miss my happiness’ I mumbled.
Leo stood up straight and didn’t even look back at me. He opened the door and left me in my pain, by myself. I knew rejection; I couldn’t even let the anger fuel me. I had no energy I just wanted to collapse and never move again. I would have been fine for death to come and take me right now. I couldn’t handle the burden of being Hallie Cortez anymore.
‘I had it with antics, you’re childish games. Baby. I called your number twice but it rang and rang’ was the only thing running through my head. I felt a smile try and play on my lips but couldn’t. Not even my most played song on my iPod could make me happy. I leant on the car and slide down the door sitting on the gravel I put my head in my hands and let the tears fall. I heard the gates open and I knew that it was more people. A car drove in and I wanted anything but to face some unknown people sitting in the ground feeling sorry for myself. I didn’t want anyone ever see me this weak and vulnerable. I hated it. I had felt fear and cried more in the short time I was here than I ever had in my entire life. The tears were constantly on tap here and it was followed by fear; pretty sure they went hand in hand with misery as well.
I ignored everything and concentrated on getting up. I don’t think I had ever had to put so much effort into moving besides once when I had been at training. I mouthed off at my sensei and as punishment I had to defend myself against the class, with no weapons-they however did. I was 15 and didn’t move for 3 days after. I had never been so bruised and that was done to me by my own people. I never had a hard life, but it wasn’t as easy as people assumed it would be; ‘you shouldn’t make assumptions. You could be wrong’ ran through my head. I took another deep breath and stood up. I didn’t bother turning to see who was in the car; I didn’t care if they were important. I left my bag on the ground and my shoes next to them. I walked up to the door pushed it open, ignored the couple of people sitting in the foyer on the chairs smiling and getting up to speak to me. I didn’t bother making eye contact or even acknowledging their presence. I took the black coat off, the only thing keeping me warm in the freezing weather. It dropped to the ground and I walked up stairs. I couldn’t care less what happened to it. I just let it all go. I made my way up the stairs and ran into an unfamiliar person.
‘Oh baby, didn’t you know it’s cold outside honey. But if you need to be kept warm let me help you’ the arrogant jerk spoke to me standing on a step 2 above mine. He was within reaching distance. My face didn’t falter I kept staring and tried to ignore him. I took another step up hoping he would move. He didn’t.
‘What are you mute? Ohh that would be kinky, you couldn’t scream out about anything. Fuck this is exciting me just thinking about it’ he the filthy male said to me. For the first time I looked at him. He was probably a bit older than Leo, blonde hair and golden eyes. Nothing amazing, nothing scary either. Horny as all hell though. The age through me though, while he looked about 27 he could be 150 for all I knew.
‘Do you really want me to hurt you?’ I mumbled with an evil smile playing on my lips. The idea of hurting someone was exciting me; I felt my blood beginning to pump through my veins and my body warm.
‘Please let’s take this to a bedroom, and we shall see who hurts who’ the guy said winking at me. That was all I needed. I smiled at him, not the sweet smile that would generally make people think I was shy and cute but the one that put the fear straight into his eyes. My hand flew straight to his neck and with all my force I pushed him up against the wall. His feet were no longer on the ground, not that it meant anything to him-after all he didn’t need to breath.
‘Wanna play rough?’ I asked smirking as I pulled the blue sapphire cross off my neck and pushed it straight into the side of his. The burning started as a cross was scared into his neck. My hand went from his neck to his mouth to stop him from yelling out it pain. The cross did wonders, the skin around his eyes went red and he was going into fight mode. The fangs began to press down on my hand, with my thumb I applied pressure to his gum, forcing his fangs to retreat back up. Not many people knew that trick and well generally it wouldn’t help as you normally try to keep one safely away from the fangs even in a fight. I wished for a stake and I would have killed him, unfortunately there was none. I looked at the wooden hand rail and smirked I turned quickly and kicked it with all my strength. The wood shattered and I grabbed a shard that would work beautifully as a stake.
‘Θεός, Bog, Ishvara, El, Allah’ I whispered into the guys ear all the different name of God. I saw his eyes widen and the pain I was bringing him shudder through out his whole body. I still hadn’t said the powerful. I licked my lips and lifted the make shift stake.
‘Deus’ I whispered again as I brought the stake down as hard as I could. A hand stopped me. Another person grabbed me around the waist, another grabbed the stake and somebody covered my mouth. I was unaware of who had hold of me but I collapsed, in their arms.
‘Hallie it’s safe now. I’m here’ a voice whispered into my ear. The arms didn’t feel rough like Leo’s or even as strong as his. I rested my head on the shoulder of the person only to feel boobs in my back. I assumed it was Ashlea but the voice didn’t sound like her. I couldn’t recognise the voice of joy. The hand over my mouth was removed and I felt as if I was going to black out. But the pain came to quickly I was hit in the face. A closed fist punched me in the jaw with as much force as they could muster. I didn’t fall, the pain hurt but not as much as the burning on my neck. My fire symbol burnt until the power and desire to kill ran entirely through my body. I opened my eyes, threw the person who was holding me off, I pushed away the person who had covered my mouth and opened my eyes to only see the vampire in front of me, scarred with the cross and no doubt in pain. He smirked at me, the fangs now revealing themselves, and the eyes as black as they come, veins pulsating from his eyes and the need to kill me. He lunged forward I ducked and hit him. He fell from the steps.
‘Leo’ a girl screamed from behind me. I recognised Rae’s voice immediately the hesitation almost killed me. I turned to see Rae holding the stake I had made, only to turn to see everyone now run to the steps, Arianna, Craig, Leo’s friends; I’m assuming his grandparent and other family members. Before I could even stop the vampire had no control over himself. I presume he was only a fledgling and had no sense of control over his actions. He jumped back up to me and kicked me hard into the wall. I crashed into the solid blue stone wall. I feel my back crack and my neck move a way it shouldn’t I feel the blood run down the side of my neck and I sense the lust for blood. I prepared myself for another blow I opened my eyes to see Leo standing in front of me snarling at everyone, protecting me. Billie lay on the floor; I imagine she was the one who originally had hold of me that I threw off. Lucas stood at her side looking after her. Rae stood dumb founded with the stake in hand not sure who to attack, protect or even just feel. Avery kneeled next to me. ‘Fuck, Hallie we were invited and you pull this stunt’ she mumbled removing her shirt and applying pressure to my wound, to stop the blood.
A few of Leo’s family had been removed due to my infectious smelling blood. The vampire I had attacked was being held back by Drew and Craig. Nathan smirked and started clapping. Leo snarled at him and he immediately fell silent. I recognised Leo’s grandparents now, from photos. The stared at me as if I was the worst possible thing alive. Feeling like death I blacked out. I had lost all my energy and quickly my blood was dripping away. Arianna rushed to my side and Nathan made everyone else leave the foyer into the kitchen.
‘Leave’ Leo snarled at everyone. Pushing away Avery and refusing to let Arianna any closer he picked me up and carried me to the bedroom. Rae went to follow, but with a simple glare she stopped dead in her tracks.
‘Will he hurt her?’ Rae quizzed anyone who was listening.
‘He can’t’ Arianna answered, taking both Rae and Avery in her arms to Billie’s side.

Leo gingerly placed me on the bed and blurred to the bathroom to get a wet cloth all before I could even move.
‘I’m not sorry’ I muttered, unable to pay attention.
‘What the fuck Hallie? There is only enough room for one fucking loose cannon in this family and that is me. Don’t you dare pull another stunt like this again?’ Leo snapped but at the same time I could hear the concern in his voice.
‘You hurt me. I was sad and that arsehole rubbed me up the wrong way. He was a horny conceited...’ I began before Leo stopped me.
‘Alpha male, of the biggest clan besides the Parkers. He was a guest off my father’s just as my grandparents and the other 7 leaders are. They were all here to make the engagement announcement. Craig wanted the approval of his lords of the Circle. He Hallie was no fledgling that you just attack, believe me I know you can defend yourself now. Generally when you are sad and a guy pays you attention like that you fuck them not attack them’ Leo answered making me feel like a complete idiot.
‘Well someone should have told me he was a guest. He behaved like a fledgling and there was no way in hell that horny old man would ever touch me’ I snapped pushing Leo away and taking the rag from him.
‘Whatever Cortez, you fucked up big time. Your friends came because they knew it was going to be hard for you. I rang them last night once you had fallen asleep’ Leo said walking away to the cupboard and pulling out some clothes. He threw me a pair of black slacks and a white blouse. Then nodded at them and then to the bathroom, clearly I was to get ready.
‘Leo’ I tried walking over to him, I stumbled at the last step and he caught me.
‘Go wash the blood away and then get all emotional. I need a second’ Leo said pushing me to the bathroom door as he started removing his clothes to get changed.
‘What can’t handle it?’ I quizzed walking to the door; before I could even smirk Leo appeared in front of me.
‘No smart arse I can’t. I haven’t had real fresh blood in over a week. And well the smell of yours is dangerously tempting, in fact it is enticing. I know as soon as I touch it or even look at it too long I won’t be able to stop I would suck you dry and I would not feel any regret at this moment. But before you think I’m the weak one I want you to remember what you just did and know that I still haven’t hurt you in all of this temptation. I’ve been tested so often with you around and I have not circum once. You though got angry just because of some stupid little comment, you lost your temper and tried to kill someone that was supposedly on safe turf. Now think who the weaker one is?’ Leo said holding my shoulder looking into my eyes.
‘Leo love has made you weak’ I lashed out as I pushed passed him into the bathroom.
‘Love has made everything you didn’t want to be’ Leo tested pushing me away as he went back and got dressed.
My heart didn’t even flutter saying the ‘L’ word. I knew I didn’t love him but there was definitely something there.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOW! I really really hope you enjoyed it :) I certainly did!
Please comment just tell me what you are feeling or any ideas you have :)
and fav character?
Hallie's friends will play a bigger role now!

Comment. Subscribe. Please. Thanks.

peace out xx