Mixed CD's

Back in Texas

I placed my hand on my hip as I looked around, trying to find Ben. My eyes scanned through the crowd of people and I sighed, noticing that he wasn’t there. I tucked Caleb’s red flannel over my forearm before pushing through a group of people and walking around. My bag dug into my shoulder as I tried squeezing past more people when I finally saw Ben.

“Jimmie!” he yelled, calling for my attention. I smiled widely and allowed him to hug me once I got close enough. “How did it go?”

“Well.” I smiled, more to myself than him. “It went great.”

“Details!” he yelled, throwing his arm around my shoulder as we made our way down to baggage claim.

“I’ll tell you in the car.” I laughed, hugging the stolen flannel to my torso. He sighed and grabbed my small duffel.

++

“Okay, wait. He did what now?” Ben asked as I finally finished the story.

I just blushed and tugged Caleb’s flannel over my face to hide me from Ben. Caleb’s scent immediately overtook me and I sighed. “He asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes. I’m so freaking happy Ben. You have no idea.”

Ben chuckled, and I felt the car come to a stop. Slowly, I peeked my head out the material and looked up at our house. “Well, I’m happy for you.” He finally said, patting me on the shoulder. I smiled over at him before letting out another happy sigh. “lets go inside.” he laughed, getting out of the car. I shouldered my messenger bag and grabbed my duffle before following Ben into the house.

“Jimmie!” Katie yelled as I walked through the front door.

“Oh hey.” I smiled, dropping my bag and hugging her. “How are you?”

“Good. How about you?”

My smile only grew as I shook my head. “Beyond happy.”

Her eyes widened. “He asked you out.” I just nodded my head as she grabbed my hands and let out a squeal. “That’s so great!”

“I know!’ I yelled, biting my lip. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket alerting me of a text as Katie jumped up and down. I giggled at her as I opened my phone.

Caleb’s named flashed across my screen and my smile grew. U home?

I typed back a yes before shoving my phone back in my shorts. “So, now that I’m back what are we gonna do?”

“You have work in an hour.” Ben called from the kitchen.

“Oh yeah.” I smiled, pulling my phone out again.

Good flight?

I sighed before typing in “of course. But I gotta get ready for work. Miss you<3”

“Wanna go get ready?” Katie asked, slipping her arm around mine. I nodded my head and allowed her to pull me up to my room. “Okay so, is he a good kisser?”

“Katie!” I exclaimed, throwing Caleb’s flannel at her.

“What?” she laughed, taking the fabric and putting it beside her. “I’m just curious.”

“I didn’t ask you these things about Ben!” I exclaimed, turning my straightener on and going to my closet.

“That’s cause Ben is your cousin.” she grinned.

I glared at her, “Give me that flannel. I’m going to wear it.”

“It’s way too hot for this.” She said, picking it up. “Is this..oh my gosh, you have his shirt.”

“It smells like him!” I defended myself. “It’s not like I can call him up and ask for him to come over whenever I want. He’s gone most of the year.” I frowned, taking the red cloth as she handed it to me.

“Oh Jimmie.” she sighed, “I’m sorry. It’ll be okay. I think you and Caleb are really good for each other.”

I smiled at her before buttoning the bottom half of Caleb’s flannel around my gray shirt. “I think we are too. It’s just, ugh. I always thought it’d be awesome to date a guy in a band, but I miss him so much already. This sucks.”

She nodded sympathetically towards me and I sighed, grabbing my deodorant. “I bet it does. But for now lets just focus on making you look nice!” she said, jumping off my bed and setting me down at my desk. “I’m doing your hair. And your make up. Not to be rude, but you can tell you just got off an airplane.”

“Yeah, I was using money I don’t have so I could have a love life.” I chuckled, rubbing at the circles underneath my eyes. “The only thing that will make these go away is some sleep.”

“You know not of my powers.” She grinned, pushing me back in the chair and turning me so I couldn’t see the mirror. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket again but Katie wouldn’t let me grab it. “Just sit still and let me fix you up.”

I let out a sigh and relaxed. “But I think Caleb just texted me.” she rolled her eyes and brushed some of my hair from my eyes. I let Katie mess around with my hair then tilt my face up and do my make up.

“When are they coming back?” she asked as she spread foundation onto my face.

I crossed my eyes at her, “at the end of summer.”

“That’s a bummer. Close your eyes.” she responded as she grabbed the eyeliner. I shut my eyes and felt her draw safely on top of my lids. “Well, it’s only like two months now.”

“Don’t say two months, it makes it sound long.” I sighed, “I guess I should just get used to it. I mean, he’s in a band, he’s going to be gone eleven months of the freaking year.”

“You’ll get through it.” she smiled, patting the side of my face. I sighed and let her finish my make up. “Okay, well, you still look like you got off a plane, but you at least look better.”

“Thanks.” I laughed, standing up and cracking my back. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked to look at my text.

Good luck baby. Miss u too<3

I felt the butterflies start to swarm in my stomach as I smiled towards my phone. Katie threw her arm over my shoulder and looked at my screen. “A freaking dorable.” she said.

“I know.” I sighed, pushing my phone back into my pocket. “God, I like him a lot.” I giggled, picking up my guitar and slinging it around my shoulder.

“I know you do.” she laughed, walking in front of me.

“You guys! We’re going to be late!” Ben yelled from downstairs. I just laughed before leaving my room with a sigh.

“I forgot to make a mix.” I complained as I sat in the backseat. Ben rolled his eyes at me in the rearview mirror and smiled at me. “I’m going to die.” I said, causing Katie to laugh.

“You’re not going to die.” Ben responded, grabbing Katie’s hand and reversing out of the driveway.

“No, no I think I am. Is this what dying feels like?” I asked, placing my hand over my heart.

“No, that’s love.” Katie answered, turning around and looking at me. I felt my face flush red and immediately looked out the window. “Oh! See, see!?”

I rolled my eyes “I don’t love him.” my voice mumbled.

“Not yet.” she said, humming to herself. I sighed and kicked her seat. “Jerk.” I just laughed and rested my head on the window and closed my eyes, hoping to get a few minutes of rest before we got to the church.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jimmie's outfit

Okay, well, I realize it's been FOREVER since I updated. And that this is mostly a filler, but at least it's something right?

Excuses...Well, my birthday was the Third, their new cd came out the first. I was in Ohio to see them last Saturday. And well, I suck at life.
I think I actually saw them twice since I last updated, but yanno, whatever. :)

Comment and subscribe please!!