Mixed CD's

OId Friends

Old Frieds
1. Our God-Chris Tomlin
2. Breakdown-Forever the Sickest Kids
3. Summer Hair=Forever Young-The Academy
4. Your Love Never Fails-Jesus Culture
5. Fall to Pieces-Avril Lavigne
6. Sadie Hawkin’s Dance-Relient K
7. How He Loves Us-David Crowder Band
8. True Friend-Miley Cyrus
9. Send Your Love to the Dance Floor (I’ll See You In Hell)-Cobra Starship
10. Tidal Wave-No Sweeter Name
11. As Long as You Love Me-The Backstreet Boys
12. I am Free-Ross Parsley


“Daughter!” my dad’s voice called up the stairs, startling me and Caleb awake.

“I’m up, I’m up!” I yelled back, rubbing my sleepy eyes. “I’m up.” I mumbled, giving Caleb a small smile. He smiled back before sitting up and ruffling his hair.

“Where’s the bathroom again?” he asked, looking over at me through half lidded eyes. I told him where it was before swinging my legs over the side of the bed and stretching. I felt the weight on the bed change as he stood up and left my room. I got up and opened my bag, pulling out a green shirt with Thumper on it that said “Whatever” and a pair of high waist shorts. I quickly changed, finishing just before Caleb came back.

He looked at me “Do I have to change too?” he asked with a pout.

I laughed, “I don’t care. You look fine.” he grinned at me before plopping back down on my bed.

“When do we have to leave?” he asked, poking me with his foot. I jumped away and glared before looking at my phone.

“In ten minutes. Imma call Janine though, and tell her we’re coming.” I said, searching through my contacts and pressing send on her name. Caleb sat up and grabbed me around my waist, pulling me back onto the bed as I listened to the phone ring.

“Hello?” Janine’s voice rang as I was about to hang up.

“Janine!” I exclaimed, “I miss you!”

“I miss you too Jimmie! We haven’t talked in forever.” she said and I smiled.

“I know! I’m in Wisconsin right now though, and Caleb and I are coming to church tonight.”

“That’s so great!” Janine practically yelled. “Do you want me to come get you?”

“Nah, my ma said I could use the van. But don‘t let anyone know I‘m coming! It‘s a secret. I will need your help sneaking Caleb and I in though..” I said with a slight giggle, which caused Caleb to run his fingers along my stomach. I swatted at his hands while trying to listen to Janine and not laugh at the same time.

She laughed “Okay, I’ll be able to help you. Josh knows you’re coming right?”

“Yeah, he said I could do worship tonight too, so the whole band probably knows, but he said he wouldn’t tell Tyler for me.” I could barely hold in my excitement, and I pushed Caleb off my bed, motioning for him to get ready. He dramatically rolled his eyes at me before fixing his hair in my bedroom mirror.
“Ha, that’s good. Well, I will meet you at the front door that no one uses okay?” she asked.

I nodded before remembering that she couldn’t see me “Yep, front door. No one uses, except for me because I’m awesome. Got it.”

She laughed, “I’ll see you in a bit Jimmie. Love you, bye.”

“Love you too, bye.” I said before hanging up. “I think you should drive so I can do my make up on the way there and make a mix now.” I told Caleb.

“Whatever you want Bunny.” he replied, forcing his hair to lay right on his forehead. I stood up and walked over to him, silently wrapping my arms around his middle and resting my head on his back. He made me loosen my grip so he could turn around and face me. “You’re supposed to be making a mix darlin.” he said, his southern drawl exposing itself and making me swoon.

I smiled, stood on my tip toes and kissed him lightly. “Okay, now I can.”

He chuckled and pulled me back into his arms, giving me another quick kiss before I turned away and made the mix for our drive. “How far away is your church?” he asked as I was writing on the cd with a sharpie.

“Uh, I dunno. A while.” I answered, standing up and stretching. “we need to leave though Teddy Bear.”

~*~
Caleb pulled my mom’s van into the parking lot of my church and I directed him on where to park. I checked my make up one last time before hopping out of the van. He met me in front of the van and grabbed my hand as I pulled him into the church.

“Keep your head down.” I whispered, looking for a sign of Janine. Caleb chuckled and hid his face from view like I told him.

“Pst, hey you two!” a voice whispered from above. I looked up and saw Janine. Her small frame was leaning over the railing at the top of the stairs. Her mossy brown hair was in curls, and pulled back from her face. Her eyes were covered by her black glasses and she gestured for us to run up the stairs. Janine was wearing a green and blue plaid shirt and a pair of gray skinny jeans that hugged her frame nicely. She smiled widely down at me as I pulled Caleb to the stairs. “Hey baby,” she said, giving me a tight hug.

“Hi Janine!” I said, hugging her back. “This is Caleb.” I smiled, stepping back and letting them hug.

“So, Josh told me to duck you two into this room here. He’ll be in in a bit.” she said, poking her head out of the doorway and motioning for us to follow her quickly through the hallway. Once we were safe in the room she hugged me again. “I have to go find Erk, I’ll see you later though. Nice meeting you Caleb.” she smiled before ducking out of the room.

I smiled at Caleb, who picked up a guitar and strummed it. I sat down on a chair and made noises with my mouth until the door opened again. Josh entered the room and smiled at me. He is shorter than I am, so when I stood up and hugged him, his head reached just to my shoulder. His deep brown eyes gleamed as he looked up at me, and he swept his brown hair off his forehead before looking over at Caleb.

“So, this is the Caleb I’ve been hearing about?” he asked, reaching his hand out towards my ginger. Caleb quickly put the guitar down and shook Josh’s hand.

“Yeah Josh, that’s him.” I smiled as Caleb stood up and wrapped his arm around my waist. I rested my head on his shoulder. “So what songs are we playing tonight?”

“Uh, here.” he pulled out a piece of paper which had his messy scrawl on it and handed it over to me. “That’s our list for tonight, and the band knows that you’re here, all except Tyler.”

“Thank you Josh,” I said, hugging him again. He just smiled. “I am so excited.” I told Caleb as Josh handed me a guitar.

“You nervous Bunny?” he asked, kissing my cheek.

“Nope.” I replied, jumping from foot to foot. “I’ve played here like a billion times.” I shook my hands and did a few scales with Caleb and Josh.

“Okay, I have to get out of here and go practice with the band.” he said, “Janine will come and get you when it’s time to go on. It’s nice to see you girl.” he smiled before heading out, leaving Caleb and I alone.

“Help me warm up?” I asked, setting the list in front of me. Caleb nodded and looked over my shoulder. We did scales for our voices, kissed, sang the lyrics, kissed again, stretched our bodies, shared more kisses, played the songs, and finally kissed again as the door open and Janine’s short frame looked at us.

“It’s time Jimmie.” she said, ushering us out of the room. I could hear the band starting with Tidal wave. My fingers found their place on the guitar and Janine opened the door, allowing me to run in and take my spot next to my best friend.

I plugged in my guitar without him even noticing. Timmy smiled at me from behind the drums, John and Taylor hid their laughter by looking at each other and Josh opened up the service with prayer. Both for the service and for bringing back old friends.

As I started to play my part of the song Tyler looked over at me. His mouth dropped open and he reached his arms around me in a tight embrace. “What are you doing here?!” he asked as he released me.

“Caleb wanted to meet everyone, and I thought it was a good idea.” I smiled, “Now, I hope you took those bass lessons because we are about to play silly.”

He chuckled at me and shook his head before we started the song for real.

~*~

After the service, Tyler and I were where we always were, back up by our instruments, playing away. This time I was at Taylor’s keyboard, Timmy was keeping beat on the drums, Tyler was plucking away on his bass and Caleb was strumming on Josh’s guitar.

When we got done a few people clapped and I started laughing, which caused the guys to start laughing. We laughed until our sides hurt, tears streaming down our faces. Caleb and I were leaning against one another for support, but failing to do so, as we fell to the ground. That only caused all of us to laugh harder.

“I’ve missed you guys so much.” I said when I finally calmed down. “so much.”

“Same here more awesome.” Timmy said with a grin, hitting a cymbal.

“You are more awesome than me. Right Caleb?” I asked, putting my feet on his lap.

“Whatever you say dear.” he smiled, rubbing my leg. I smiled at him and then stuck my tongue out at Timmy, who returned the favor.

“You guys, we gotta close the church.” Josh called over to us. We sighed and got back up, Caleb grabbed my hand as we waited for Tyler and Timmy to pack up their stuff.

“Wanna go get something to eat?” Timmy asked, “I think everyone went out to Culver’s.”

I looked up at Caleb, who just shrugged, signaling that he didn’t care. “Sure.” I smiled, hugging Caleb’s arm. We all filed out of the church and into our vehicles. I drove Caleb and I to Culver’s following behind Tyler and Lauren, who stayed out in the hallway talking to Josh’s wife while we all played.

“Are you liking my friends?” I asked Caleb as I sang along to Cobra Starship.

“Yeah, they’re all great.” he replied, drumming his fingers on his knee.

“You know what the best part of the night is?” I asked, Caleb raised his eyebrow. “Jason’s no where to be seen!” I exclaimed, pulling into the Culver’s parking lot.

“Yeah, that is good.” Caleb smiled, leaning over to kiss me after I parked. I grinned and kissed him back before pulling away. He groaned and pouted at me.

“Later Teddy Bear.” I winked, unbuckling my seat belt and hopping out of the van.

“Here, I’ll give you a piggy back.” Caleb said, allowing me to jump onto his back. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck as he grabbed my legs and followed Tyler, Laure and Timmy into the restaurant. We all ordered our food and climbed into a corner booth. I rested against Caleb as I lazily sipped my soda and played tic tac toe with Timmy.

“I have to ask.” I said, sitting up suddenly. Lauren gave me a questioning look over her burger and Tyler set his drink down. “Where the heck is Jason? He’s been texting me like crazy since he found out that I was dating Caleb. I figured he would be here bothering me.”

Tyler’s face became confused as he thought. “I actually haven’t seen him for quite awhile. I think Jenny told him that he had to stop coming to UTI because he was too old or something.”

“Oh.” I said, nodding and feeling more at ease with the night. “That’s good. I mean, yeah.” Tyler laughed and continued to eat his food.

We all laughed and joked until we got kicked out of Culver’s. I hugged them all goodbye and promised to keep in touch before climbing into the passenger seat of the van. Caleb turned it on and started our drive home. His hand found it’s way to mine and he laced our fingers together, pulling my hand towards his lips and giving it a quick kiss before he got onto the freeway. I smiled and let my eyes close.

Before I knew it Caleb was waking me up. “We’re back boo.” he smiled, helping me out of the van.

“Oh, good.” I smiled sleepily. “flying makes me tired.”

He chuckled, “It’s been known to happen. Lets get you up to bed Bunny.” He led me into the house, and even locked the door after us. He smiled at my dad before getting me up the stairs. “Do you want me to put your jammies on you?” he asked as he stripped down to his boxers.

I nodded my head and allowed him to take my clothes off me, kissing my body in places that only he’s seen before he placed my pajamas back on me. When he was done dressing me, he flipped the light off and climbed into my bed. I cuddled up to him and let him wrap his arms around my waist.

“I had a great night.” I mumbled, drawing circles on his chest. “Thank you for this.”

“It’s no problem Bunny.” he said, kissing me softly. “I had fun too. Now go to sleep darlin.”

I smiled and closed my eyes, instantly drifting off to a deep slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
i did not proof read this. Because I did not feel like it. I am tried and cranky and the new FTSK video makes me laugh. :)