Mixed CD's

You'll Get Over Him

You’ll Get Over Him
1. All The Same-Sick Puppies
2. Bury Myself Alive-The Used
3. A Letter To Elise-The Cure
4. Review Mirror-Pearl Jam
5. Times Like These-Foo Fighters
6. Run To You-The Rocket Summer


“That was better than I thought it would be.” Caleb said as he threw away his popcorn bucket.

“I had higher expectations. Not gonna lie.” I said, draining the last of my soda before throwing it also into the garbage. He shook his head before throwing his arm over my
shoulder.

“You jumped so many times.”

“Did not!” I argued, pulling my phone out of my pocket. I flipped it open and groaned loudly when I saw that I had twenty three unread texts. Out of annoyance at my phone I shrugged Caleb’s arm off my shoulder and went into my inbox. My stomach dropped, and I could feel the color drain from my face when I saw that most of them were from Jason. I stopped and opened them.

“I heard u alrdy replaced me. Tht tru?”, “Y u not answering me?”, “R u wit him rite now?”, “Who is he?”, “Damnit. Ik ur reading these“, “Jimmie….come on bby tlk 2 me.”, “Y r u ignoring me?”, “He cant compare to me bby“, “Wtf is ur prblm?”, and “Stop being a bitch.”

I sighed looking at all of his texts, not wanting him to drag me back in. I didn’t want to answer
them. Not when I’m having such a fun time with Caleb. Caleb, who was looking at me with worried eyes. My eyes diverted back to my phone to see I had a few texts from Tyler I between the ones from Jason.

“Srry, I let it slip to Jason”, “Jimmie r u mad at me?“, “Come on, bff’s rite?”, and “I am really srry Jimmie.” I quickly texted him back, its fine. I was in the movie. I’ll deal with him later.

“You okay?” Caleb asked as peopled walked around us to get out of the movie theatre. I nodded my head in reply before going back through my texts, answering Lauren, Janine, Kori and Kelly that it’s just a friend, not a boyfriend, with a sigh. And I quickly typed “I’m not mad at tyler.” to Lauren, who asked it in three texts. Probably just accidental spam.

After I pushed my phone back into my pocket Caleb reached forward and grabbed my hand, leading me back out to his car. He opened the passenger side door for me and then quickly got in the drivers side. He didn’t talk as he started the car, but turned down My Heart Will Go On.

“Where are we going?” I whispered, rolling my eyes at myself when I realized that I had let Jason’s texts get to me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, and then tried to fix what was left of my make up.

“Somewhere to talk.” Caleb answered, flipping his directional on. He reached his right hand towards my left one, and grabbed it. Squeezing it lightly. I bit my lip. Did he stop to think that I’m not ready to talk to him about this? He doesn’t want to see into my love life this quick. I’m sure of it. He doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into.

He didn’t talk to me the whole drive, instead he just kept his eyes on the road and his hand stayed holding mine. I tried to ignore the way they fit together, how his warm hand instantly heated up my cold one. I let my eyes wander to his face. He looked so concentrated on the road, and what he was planning to say to me later. Every once in a while his eyes would flicker over to me and he would smile softly. Trying to let me know what he’s here for me. That it’s all okay.

He thinks he can handle it. He probably can, but he’s not going to want to. He’s not going to want to wait for me, wait for me to get over my ex. Friendship can only last so long when the guy wants to date the girl. Lord, why did I have to met him so soon? Why couldn’t you have waited a year? A couple months? Do you really think this is going to work? Please, Lord give me a sign…

Caleb pulled into his driveway and turned the car off. I slowly unbuckled my seatbelt, and I let go of his hand and got out of his car. My phone buzzed in my pocket again and I pulled it out and opened it up. Instead of the screen I saw Caleb’s hand as he grabbed my phone and turned it off.

“Don’t pay attention to this now.” he said, shoving it in his pocket. Slowly, he held his hand out, waiting for me to take it. I bit my lip and sighed before putting my hand in his and letting him take me into his house. “Jonathan, leave.” was his greeting as he pulled me into the living room and set me on the couch.

“Huh?” Jonathan said, looking up from whatever game was on tv. “Hey, dude, I was watching that!” he turned to face him, “What’s going on?”

Caleb didn’t respond, instead he reached over and grabbed the second Harry Potter movie. Finally, he looked up towards his roommate. “Dude, come on.”

I diverted my eyes when Jonathan glanced over at me. “Oh, I see.” I heard him sigh. “You gotta knock this off dude.”

“Just go.” Caleb groaned, “And it’s not what you think it is.”

“So I can just go in the basement?” he asked, standing up and stretching.

“Yeah, I don’t care, just get out of the living room.” Caleb came over and sat by me, and gently rubbed my lower back. I saw Jonathan’s feet as he walked past me. Caleb didn’t say or do anything until another door slammed closed. “Okay, it’s okay.” Caleb mumbled, pulling me towards his chest.

I felt my tears soaking his shirt as I cried. “I’m sorry.” I mumbled into his chest, he just stroked my hair and waited for me to calm down.

“Tell me what’s wrong.” he said, tucking my head underneath his chin. I released his shirt, which I had somehow managed to ball into my fist and took a deep breath.

“I keep letting him get to me. We’re how many miles away and just a freaking text can send me off the wall.” I finally said, leaning away from him, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand while I crossed my legs. “it’s dumb. I’m sorry, I don’t even know why I’m crying. Or telling you.” I rolled my eyes.

“Hey, everyone needs to get a bad break up out of their system.” he soothed, rubbing my arm lightly.

I shook my head and looked up at him. “We weren’t even breaking up! We had been broken up, but neither of us…took it as being broken up? I don’t know.” I groaned, looking towards he screen as Doby dropped the cake on the lady’s head and smiled.

“You should talk to me about it.” Caleb said, “I’m sure I’ll be able to help.”

I glanced up at him and knew I could talk to him, that I could tell him anything. “We had been on again off again for a while and then finally we just stayed off. But we were friends with benefits. It was so dumb of me. I never went farther than making out with him, don’t get me wrong. But, he was so bad for me.” I put my head in my hands, and I heard him sigh. “he used to tell me that I’m ugly and that I’m stupid and that he’s wasting his time on me. And I’d run straight back to him.”

“Jimmie, don’t believe that.” Caleb said, pulling me back towards his chest.

“I don’t.” I reassured him. “I think I’m pretty and I know I’m not dumb, not the smartest but not dumb. And if anything I wasted my time on him.” Caleb tightened his arm around my shoulder and hummed slightly. “I’m sorry I’m putting this all on you.” I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

“No, it’s fine. What are friends for?” he said, rubbing my arm softly. “Uh,“ he started to mumbled something but stopped and said “never mind.”

“No, tell me.” I insisted, urging him to go on.

“I myself just got out of a pretty bad relationship.” he mumbled. “So it’s easier for me to understand what you’re saying.”

I frowned and titled my head so I could look up at him. “I’m sorry.”

He shook his head “It’s fine. I’m…getting over it. I guess you could say.”

“Oh?” I questioned, turning my body so I could face him and give him my complete attention. “How so?”

He blushed and looked down. “It’s really not the best way. It’s dumb.”

“No what? Writing poetry?” I smiled at the thought. Caleb shook his head, making his red hair bounce and giving him almost a childlike look as he kept looking anywhere but me.
“Come on. You can tell me. What are friends for?” I mimicked, grabbing his hand again.

He sighed, “I’ve…I’ve been partying and in the morning I’ve woken up with a few different girls next to me.” he coughed, bringing his eyes up to met mine. I felt my face kinda pale. “Oh God. I knew you wouldn’t want to hear that. And it’s not why I’ve been hanging out with you.”

Great, now I’ve probably been pushed into the friend zone.

“Well. It wasn’t anything that I thought.” I admitted, letting my hand slowly slide away from his.

“Can I ask, how many? I mean, a few girls could mean like two or like a billion.”

He laughed at my exaggeration. “Well, it’s been more than my fair share, to be honest. But if it makes you feel any better, since I started hanging out with you there have been no other girls.”

I gave him a small smile, “Well, that’s good. Not cheating on your totally awesome friend.”

His face completely paled, and it turned from embarrassed to angry. “I’m not a cheater.”

“Sorry,” I said, leaning back. “I didn’t mean anything by it.”

With a sigh and tried to give me a smile. “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be getting mad at you for what Danielle did to me.”

“Danielle’s your ex?” I asked, leaning towards him again. It feels good to be able to talk to him about this.

“Yeah.” he frowned, now taking on the position that I had before with his head in his hands. “I thought she was perfect, ya know?” I made a noise of agreement as I started to softly rub his back. “I never thought that out of all the things that she would do to me would be to cheat on me. While I was gone on tour, she just. God.”

I felt his shoulders shake underneath my hand, giving me a sign that he was crying. “Oh Caleb.” I cooed, bringing him into my arms for a hug. “what a bitch.” I mumbled, lightly playing with his hair, something that comforted me.

“My whole family loved her. That’s the thing, they keep thinking that I’m going to end back up with her. I don’t want to. I want them to know that I’m going to move on. To someone better.” he looked up at me, his brown eyes looking hopeful. I sighed and sat back. He sat up and looked at me, trying to get me to say something with his eyes.

“Caleb. Honestly, I like you. I do.” his face lit up. “But it would be so bad for us if we went into a relationship when we’re both still caught up on someone else. You might be almost over Danielle, but Jason has a really strong effect over me.” he frowned but nodded his head. “Caleb, what I’m trying to get at is. Can we not put each other in the friend zone? Can we just keep liking each other and given some time, when we’re both ready, we can give us a shot?”

He nodded slowly. “yeah, yeah. I’d like that.” I smiled and allowed him to grab my hand again. “I promise to not let anything happen between then, I’ll wait for you.”

My smile turned into a grin and I kissed his cheek. “Thank you Caleb.”

We sat back on the couch and started to watch Harry Potter, Caleb draped his arm back around my shoulder and I leaned against his chest. I could hear his heart beat and before I knew it, it lulled me to sleep.

I stretched my arms above my head and pulled the blanket closer to my body before I slowly opened my eyes.

“Oh, she’s lives.” Caleb chuckled, causing me to sit up. I looked down and noticed I was in a bed that smelled strongly of him and I couldn’t stop the smile that spread on my lips.

“Nice room,” I mumbled, brushing through my hair with my fingers.

“Thanks.” he grinned, offering me his hand so I could get off his bed. “You have to work right? I was getting ready to wake you up just in case. The service stars in an hour and a half.”

My eyes widened, “I have to go!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you there in time.” he chuckled, grabbing his eyes and a cd. “I made you this.” he said, handing it to me.

I gave him a small smile, “I have to go home and change, brush my teeth and grab my guitar. Probably fix my make up and be there within half an hour. I’m going to be late.”

“Nah.” Caleb grinned, “I hope you don’t mind me coming with you.”

“Of course not!” I said, walking out of his room. “I hope you don’t mind me making you rush, cause now I have to be there in twenty eight minutes.” He chuckled and followed me out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Caleb.
Poor Jimmie.
D:

comment please.
and I'm now working on a story with Silhouette Dreams about Caleb and Kyle.
You can go check it out when I post the first chapter, which should be soon. It's called We'll Be A Dream