‹ Prequel: Rollercoaster Ride
Status: Active.

Will You Keep Me Alive?

We Can Stay For The Weekend

After talking to Kennedy and his band, I felt more relieved. Right now I was in a cafe, editing some stories that the freshmen had asked me to do. In my college, during the sophomore year, you have to edit the stories that the freshmen wrote and asked you to edit. Correcting their grammars, spellings, and sentence and paragraph structures, giving them comments on what to improve to make their story better. It was a bit overwhelming, but I enjoyed it – considering I’m pretty much a bookworm and I like writing, which is why I chose creative writing in college.

The sun already set and the clock on the wall was telling that it was near eight. A small band was performing in the corner of the room. Their songs were mostly jazz covers of not jazz songs such as Bad Romance and I Gotta Feeling. They were really good.

My iced chocolate on the table was already half-empty. The ice was starting to melt, forming water underneath the glass. Without realizing, I had been watching the drips of water sliding down the glass. I continued correcting a story – the title was “The Man and The Glasses”, which was about a man who was a player and a woman who was always in love with him but ended up getting hurt because he kept on flirting with other girls.

I groaned and slammed the paper on the table. The story reminded me too much of John and I couldn’t handle anything about him right now.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into the soft sofa, my mind filled with everything about John. How he laughs, how he talks, how he smiles, how he smirks, and how he disappointed me just three hours ago.

My eyes opened and there he sat next to me, smiling. Which freaked me out a bit – I was just thinking about him and he appeared. Like I had the ability to call anyone by thinking of them.

I took a cushion and buried my face in it. He poked my side and I squirmed a little.

“Daphne, the girl at 7/11 was my old friend,” he said.

“No she wasn’t. You were hitting on her,” I mumbled against the cushion.

“What? No,” he chuckled as if I was crazy. “You saw a completely wrong thing.”

I didn’t reply.

“Would you please remove that cushion off your face and show me how pretty you are?”

I laughed a little, burying my face into the cushion even more. He gently took my wrist and pulled the cushion away. I looked up into his green eyes and he smiled, leaning in to kiss me.

“All good now?” he muttered.

I nodded, smiling.

It’s crazy how I’d feel okay by him just giving me a light kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
a short one because I don't know what to write. I promise you 1,500 words for the next chapter because this one is too short...

yesterday was hella fun, I spent the whole day with a lot of friends! it's been such a long time since I last going out in a rather large group, it felt fucking amazing.