All You Need Is Love

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away

Meredith soon became accustom to James' boyish features. Every morning at 9 a.m., he'd be standing there on the grey street, staring at her window, longing to just as much get a glimpse of her. And every morning at 9:15 a.m., he'd give up and leave, with the intentions of returning the next morning weighing heavy on his heart.
Meredith didn't approve of the crush he had developed on her; she was too independent and busy for love.
Looking around the room for her pen, she slowly realized she was out of cigarettes. She needed her supplies, so she grabbed her grey overcoat and headed outside. She was hit with a bitter wind as she opened the apartment doors. Ignoring the biting cold, she walked across the street to buy her vitals. Picking up a newspaper on her way, she quickly discovered it was much easier to read as she walked.
Turning the street corner, someone ran into her, knocking both of them off their feet. Put in an even worse mood, Meredith angrily looked up into the soft brown eyes she had met a few morning's prior.

"I can see you're falling for me!" James laughed, as he helped Meredith off her feet.

"You're not funny," she said, wiping the grime off her clothes.

"Oh, lighten up and live a little!" he said, still laughing.

"Whatever," she said, uninterested, and began to walk away.

"Oh, come on now! It was just a joke! Don't walk away!" he pleaded.

She walked back to where he was standing. He stepped closer to her.

"Where are you heading?" he asked.

"Just to get some stuff," she mumbled.

"What did you say your name was again?"

"Meredith."

He stepped closer again, so close that Meredith could feel his warm breath on her cheek.

"Um, do you want to do something together later?" he hesitated.

"Er, I don't think that's a good idea. I'm awfully bus-"

"Ok then! See you at 8!"

And without giving her a chance to protest, James hurried off down the street.