Status: Finished

Wanna Live It Up Just Because

Chapter 17

Arpeggio and Neon spotted the group of band members they were to meet for breakfast the second they stepped off the elevator. It was kind of hard to miss them seeing as each had some form of brightly colored attire adorning their body. Lestat was the first to notice the siblings walking to the table. He waved to them, smiling brightly.

"Hey, guys," Neon greeted, taking a seat next to Lestat.

Arpeggio sat at the end of the table, next to Neon and farthest from Grim. It's not that she didn't like Grim; she just didn’t want him to see her fall asleep while he talked. That had happened on more than one occasion.

"Morning, Neon. Morning, 'cutie,'" Dorian reached over the table to pinch Arpeggio's cheek.

Arpeggio swatted his hand before it made contact with her skin. She glared at him. Dorian laughed.

"Down, kitty," he teased.

"So I hear someone has a little crush on a certain guitarist," Jazz smirked, looking at Arpeggio.

"Damn, Neon, I knew you couldn't resist me," Lestat joked.

"Oh you know I just want to jump your bones," Neon responded.

"Annabelle will be jealous."

"She can join in."

"Threesome," Lestat exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air.

"I'm talking about Arpeggio," Jazz stated, "So, you like Jack. It's about time you crush on someone; I was beginning to think you were asexual."

"And it seems Jack likes you too. When are you two going to fuck," Dorian continued.

"Dorian," Neon yelled.

She grabbed the bagel from Lestat's plate and threw it at Dorian's face, hitting him right on target. It fell from his face, a ring of cream cheese decorating his once clean skin. His face didn't hold shock. This was actually a normal morning ritual for him; someone always pelted him in the face with food in the morning.

Lestat and Jazz fell from their chairs laughing; Dante shook his head at his band mates' child-like behavior; and Grim ignored them.

"I don't like you," Dorian stated.

"I don't care," Neon replied.

"I was simply suggesting Arpeggio lose her virginity to Jack."

"I simply suggest you shut your mouth."

"She is going to have sex at some point, Neon."

"Not with Jack."

"What if she does? What if she carries Jack's baby one day?"

"I'll kill him."

"Why don't you like them?" Arpeggio whispered.

The table went silent. Each band member stared at Arpeggio; she fidgeted under the multiple sets of eyes.

Why were they staring at her? She asked a simple question. Sure, they may have known the reason for Neon's distaste of the boys of All Time Low but Arpeggio didn't. The band went to school with Neon for the most part, of course they would know.

"It's not important," Neon answered.

"If you hate them so much, it is," Arpeggio said.

Neon sighed. She had two options: tell her younger sister and open up the lines of communication or refuse to tell her and ruin all chances of communicating. Opening the lines of communication was what she wanted to do but she didn't want to talk about it.

She didn't want to admit they got to her.

"Arpeggio, it's hard to talk about," Neon responded.

"Oh," Arpeggio hung her head.

Arpeggio wasn't going to pry even if she really did want to know what happened. It kind of hurt that Neon wouldn't share the information with her. They were sisters and Neon obviously wanted them to communicate. Why couldn't she just tell Arpeggio what happened?

"How much time do we have till practice?" Neon asked Grim.

"We leave in about an hour."

"Then I guess I have time to tell you what happened, Arpeggio," Neon sent a small smile toward her younger sister.

Arpeggio looked up, "Really?"

She sounded eager. That was probably the most emotion anyone had evoked from her. Arpeggio was extremely secretive when it came to how she was feeling emotionally.

Neon nodded. There was a brief silence.

"So, what happened?" Arpeggio asked.

"A lot. The way they acted in high school when it came to girls pissed me off. That's one reason I can't stand them. They had a new girl every week. I've seen more than one girl run through the halls crying because of them. Alex tried to get me to cheat on Armand during junior year while Armand was in the hospital."

That couldn't have been the only reason Neon didn't like them. Arpeggio knew it took a good deal to make her sister hate anyone.

"What else happened?" Arpeggio asked.

The childish curiosity in Arpeggio's voice made Neon smile. Arpeggio was so innocent, it was adorable. Neon could see that Jack and Arpeggio would make a good couple, as long as he never cheated on her. They both contained some childish attributes; Arpeggio in her knowledge of the world around her and Jack in his general behavior.

Neon made a mental note to talk with Arpeggio about the non-technical sides of sexual relations. She wasn't sure Arpeggio knew much about sex besides the scientific aspects.

"It was freshman year. I was standing in the middle of the doorway leading to the cafeteria. I guess I didn't realize I was in the way. Next thing I knew, someone shoved me to the ground and called me a 'fat ass.' It was Alex."

Neon remembered that day clearly, as well as everyday following that. Alex was a major asshole to her.

"He kept terrorizing me about my weight. You and I both know I was never overweight but Alex continued to make fun of me. He got Rian and Jack in on his little joke."

Arpeggio couldn't picture Jack terrorizing anyone. Alex maybe, but Jack? Never. She didn't know if she could like someone like that.

"Jack and Rian were never as bad. Alex did the most damage. Do you remember when I dropped a bunch of weight in the middle of my freshman year?"

Arpeggio nodded. She remembered how scary her sister looked. Neon was all bony like a skeleton. And she refused to eat with the family. Arpeggio offered her part of her cookie at one point and Neon started crying.

"I had stopped eating because I figured Alex would stop if I were thinner. Mind you I knew I was thin. I wasn't crazy. I just wanted him to stop. I wasn't trying to impress anyone and be perfect."

"You passed out," Arpeggio whispered.

She distinctly remembered finding her sister passed out in the bathroom with blood dripping down her mouth. It scared Arpeggio more than her first hypoglycemic attack.

"Yeah and mom made me see a psychiatrist. They hurt me, Arpeggio. After that year, it had become a war between us."

"Did they realize they hurt you?" Arpeggio asked.

"I don't know."

"Maybe you should tell them. Maybe they've changed."

Neon smiled. The tables had turned; Arpeggio was now giving her advice. And she might just do what her little sister suggested.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to tq6776, WhoWantsTheWorld, RwaR means i Luv you, xXheyloveXx, toodaloobaby, drea_uhoh, and AdamsBabe.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I'm so sorry for not being able to update this week.
I didn't realize how much I had to do until I actually started doing everything.
The semester is ending, so updates are a little difficult to get out.
And I don't think this story is going to be as long as I originally intended.
We'll see.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
Subscribe?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste