Fighting's a Lifestyle

Chapter 2. New Life

It's been a day since I found out the tragic news about my parents. They gave me a day to pack up my stuff and say goodbye to my house. I feel horrible, like I just want to roll up into a ball and die kind of horrible. But, on the outside I look perfectly fine. I look a little depressed I won't smile and I won't talk, but none the less fine. After I got back from school I had to call Jacob and actually ask if I could stay, that was crazy. But he said yes so I'm grateful for that. He doesn't live with his parents, so he didn't have to ask them I guess he was just shocked about the whole thing. And now I won't be able to go to Delhi High School anymore, it was too expensive for me. Since I have no job I'm now transfering to Jacob's school, Worthstown High. Weird name right? It's a public school unlike Delhi and it's catholic kids and preppy uniforms. I won't have to worry about that until after summer though so that's a good thing. I still hate this though.

Now it's 10:30 and I'm waiting outside for Jake to pick me up. He's sixteen and can drive I'm fifteen turning sixteen in July so I can't drive, sucks I know. Jake has a tendency(always) to be late, so I have no idea why I got ready by 10:30 when I know he's going to be here at 11:00. More time to say goodbye to my house I guess, great. I haven't cried once since they died, and I don't plan on it. I'm going to stay strong, that's what they would've wanted me to do. Lost in my thoughts, which is happening a lot lately I didn't hear Jake beeping his horn thirty times a minute. I jumped when I finally heard it grabbed my suitcase and tried running out the door, epic fail. My suitcase got stuck in the door resulting in me tripping and falling down my houses steps. Wow, I'm such a clutz.

Jake is on the ground laughing his ass off. Great friend he is, note the sarcasm. I'm sitting there glaring at him. When is he going to notice I'm glaring at him? When is he going to shut the hell up was the main question on my mind. This is the time that I take matters into my own hands.

"What the hell Jakey! My parents just died and your laughing at me? Thanks a lot Jakey!" I screamed fake crying.

His reaction, priceless. He immediately stopped laughing got up ran over to me and hugged me. Then he started trying to apoligize.

"Alice! Alice oh my God I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to....... I mean you just fell and I...... But, but....!"

I love watching him squirm! SO much fun, and it always helps me feel better. He's so stupid though! Can't he see I'm faking it? Guess not he's still trying to apoligize.

"Jakey your stupid." I said simply.

"What? I said I was sorry! And stop calling me Jakey!" he screamed.

He hates my nickname for him. Jakey it's not that bad! He's such a baby. Maybe I'll start calling him baby, I'll have to think about that.

"No I don't think I will." I said.

He huffed, smiled at me and said, "Oh what am I going to do with you?"

"Love me forever!" I said all innocent like.

He laughed, nodded and threw my bags into the car. This is my new life now, I think I could get used to this.