Status: Active (because for some odd reason, my friends love it)

Don't Touch Me

Touch

“So maybe I could . . .”
“No.”
“But if I-”
“No.”
“Tiger!-”
“No.”
I glared into the forest-green eyes.
“How are we gonna cure your fear if you won’t let me try anything?”
Tiger sighs, leaning back on his elbows on my bed. “I’ve tried it all before.”
“Not with me.”
Sighing more heavily than the first time, he looks up at my ceiling. “I don’t want to hurt you again.”
Calm down heart. “It’ll be okay. Just trust me.”
He seems to ponder for a few minutes. “Okay . . .” he finally answers warily.
My hand stretches out toward him, but I’m unsure of where to touch. He tenses some.
Where do you touch a person who hasn’t been touched in years?
Eventually, I just decide to feel his hair. A black strand twists between my fingers.
“You okay?” I ask him after a few seconds.
He breathes out. “Y-yeah.”
“I’m not gonna hurt you. I promise.”
I move my hand from his hair to his neck. I can feel his heart pumping maniacally.
“Calm down, Ty. I’m not going to hurt you. Just try to get used to the feeling.”
I feel like this should be more awkward, but it’s just so natural with him. Tiger bites his lip as my hand lowers toward his chest and I feel his Adam’s Apple bob under my fingers.
“Fuck, this is weird,” he sighs.
I laugh a little, careful not to move my hand much. Suddenly, as my hand is over his heart, Tiger locks eyes with me. My heart sputters as well as his and I realize we’re a lot closer than we probably should be. My hand had moved to Tiger’s stomach on it’s own accord and my fingers can feel the abs under his thin, cotton shirt.
Everything seems like it’s going in slow motion. I glance from the forest fire of his eyes to the pale pink lip he’s just released from his teeth. He seems to be doing the same thing. Tiger sucks in a breath and then all of a sudden . . .
He’s gone.
He’s out the door and slamming the bathroom door closed moments later.
What . . . just happened?
♠ ♠ ♠
:)