Unwanted

I

Unwanted

”It's evil, Gerard.” She said. ”I know you said that there's some good in everything, but this is covered in evil, there's no way that you can reach the good in it” She pointed at her belly, it was bigger than it usually were. She looked up at him, she used to admire his black hair and the way he smiled with his sparkling eyes, when he looked at her. But this wasn't right.

”How can you say it's evil?” He asked her, he wanted her to see it as a good thing. She looked at him.

”Look at me, I'm fat, and my belly hurts.” she said, looking at him, almost accusing him of causing the pain.

”I know darling, but if you want this to happen it has to hurt.” He said.

”How can you know?” She said. ”Have you ever tried being pregnant maybe?” she looked at him, again with the same accusing eyes as before.

”No, I haven't tried being pregnant, but I've read a thing or two about it.” He answered and sat down on the couch, looking up at her, yes she had gained some weight around the belly, but that didn't matter. He still saw her beauty he had found a few years back. Her auburn hair and her blue eyes, it was all beautiful in his eyes. Even her pregnancy suited her well.

”Gerard, how did this happen?” She sits down on the couch beside him, almost crying.

”Well we did have unprotected sex in the unsafe period.” He answered her back laying an arm around her to make her feel calmer. ”And we were a bit drunk when we did it, we simply forgot to protect ourselves.”

”And it's too late for an abortion?” She asked him, a little insecure how this was going to end.

”Well you missed what 3 periods before you found out, so you must be at least 4 months pregnant” he said, concluding that it was too late for the abortion. ”An abortion would be to kill a living human being.”

”How do you know all of this?” she asked, looking at him, wondering.

”How I know all of this? Darling, I want the baby, and I've been reading a little about it.” he said. ”It says that after 3 months the baby is too much like a human being that it would be murder to get an abortion.”

”You sure you want the baby?”

”Absolutely”

”Why?”

”Because I want nothing more than to start a family with you!”

She fell silent for a minute.

”And you're sure about that?” she asked him again.

”Yes I'm sure. Or else I'd have asked you to get the abortion.” he answered her back.
He kissed her on the mouth, not a passionate, I-want-sex kiss, but a kiss that told her that she shouldn't worry. She kissed him back. She was thankful that he was being so supportive.