Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 13)

I turned at the sound of the voice.

He was standing in the middle of the living room now and he was staring at the guys and Val, who were all sitting on the couches.

"What are you doing here, Chris?" I asked in a hard voice.

"I live here." He said simply.

"No shit. Must've slipped my mind." I said sarcastically.

"I don't see why we can't get along, Cee." He said with a smirk on his ugly face.

"Oh, there's plenty of reasons, Chris. One of which is the fact that you're still breathing. And my name is Cynthia." I shot back.

He just nodded his head with that smirk still on his stupid face.

"Always so defensive." Chris said, shaking his head.

"Who are you?" He asked turning to the group sitting on the couch that was staring at us both.

"We're friends of Cee's." Matt said, looking Chris up and down.

"I didn't know Cynthia had friends. She's always so hostile. Tends to scare people away." Chris said with a small smile as I evilly glared at him.

"She's only like that to people she doesn't like." Val argued, trying to defend me.

I laughed.

"Guess that should tell you something, huh, Chris." I said with a smirk of my own.

Chris didn't respond to what Val said.

"Nice to meet you all." He said in a surprisingly polite voice.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to the bathroom door where I could still hear Sasha sniffling.

"Honey, I'm sorry. If it makes you feel any better, I beat the shit out of him." I murmured softly against the door.

I heard her sniffle once more and let out a soft giggle.

"What's going on?" Chris said, coming up behind me.

I turned to face him, not liking to have my back to him.

"Nothing that concerns you." I said harshly.

"What's wrong with Sasha?" He asked ignoring my insult.

"Like you care." I whispered so only he could hear.

"Sasha!" Chris said louder so that Sash could hear him through the door.

"Chris?" She asked in disbelief.

"Are you okay baby?" He asked in a loving tone.

It made me want to gag on the spot.

The door slowly creaked open and Sasha poked her head out.

When she saw Chris really standing there, her eyes went a little wide and she stepped out the bathroom completely.

She stared down at her feet.

"You said you would stop picking fights." Sash mumbled.

"I'm sorry." I repeated for the millionth time that day.

"Stop apologizing. It's not your fault I'm a big baby." She mumbled again.

I looked at her closer and I saw that her eyes were red and puffy.

Her nose was still running a little bit.

Guilt washed over me like a tidal wave and I pulled her into my arms.

"You are not a baby. You're strong. You just don't know it yet." I said, pulling away and eyeing Chris harshly.

"Baby, you okay?" Chris asked again, in a sickeningly sweet voice.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry I'm such a mess. I didn't know you we---," Sasha said quickly, trying to fix her hair and adjust her shirt.

"You look beautiful." Chris said.

He grabbed her hand and stopped it from moving.

Sasha slowly smiled up at him.

She always fell for it.

He bent down and kissed her.

I made a face and went to go sit next to Zacky.

Chris dragged Sash over to the couch and they both sat down.

He wound his arm around her waist and she laid her head lovingly on his chest.

"You guys are so cute." Val said with a smile.

"Thanks." Chris said with a smirk.

He set his eyes on me and winked.

I scuffed and tried to hold my tongue.

"Soooo? How's Ty doing these days?" Chris asked, looking me straight in the eye.

"He was black, blue and limping the last time I saw him." I said with a smirk on my face as I saw the look that crossed Chris's face.

"What the hell did you do tohim?!" Chris exclaimed.

I saw Sasha flinch a little bit and she tried to move a little but Chris held her tight to his side.

"I beat his ass cause he hit me. I don't let men physically hurt me whenever they don't get their way or something doesn't go as expected." I said meaningfully.

"Did you take him to the hospital at least?" He asked.

My mouth dropped open in shock and I almost pounced on him for even insinuating that I would take someone to the hospital that just tried to put their hands on me.