Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 35)

We were slowly making our way up the stairs and standing on my doorstep was Tyler.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I said angrily.

Everyone realized he was standing there and immediately stiffened.

"You again." Brian growled.

He set Johnny on his feet and he wobbled from side to side.

"This fucker again?!" Johnny slurred.

He started stepping forward but lost his balance and fell in a heap on the floor, already asleep again.

"I just want to talk to Cee." Tyler pleaded.

"Fuck you! You had your chance to talk." Matt yelled.

"Get the fuck out of here!" Jimmy yelled.

"It's fine. I'd rather get this over with now, then have to keep coming back to this." I said angrily.

"You guys go ahead and go inside." I said, unlocking the door.

The guys just stood there staring Tyler down.

"Please." I whispered.

They all filed in, pushing past Tyler.

Brian leaned against the wall, never taking his eyes off of Tyler.

"Are you going inside so I can talk to my girlfriend." Tyler spat.

"Ex-," I tried to say.

"She's your ex- girlfriend in case you forgot. I'm staying right here to make sure your dumb ass doesn't do anything stupid." Brian said in a hard voice.

"What do you want Tyler?" I asked.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry for what I did." Tyler said, trying to pull me to him.

"Don't touch me, Tyler. All you need to do is talk." I spat.

"Baby, you know I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm sure you are." I said emotionlessly.

"I want you back. I miss you. I love you!" Tyler said.

"Yeah, well you decided to throw that love back in my face when you cheated on me and then again when you hit me." I said.

"But you gave me what I deserved. Let's just move on. It will never happen again." He pleaded.

"I know it won't. I'm not taking you back Tyler. I told you when we got together I would never take back a cheater or a beater. You are both. It's over and that's how it's staying." I said firmly.

"I know you still love me Cee, just like I love you." Tyler said.

"You had a great way of showing it. It doesn't matter how I feel. It's not going to change my decision. It's over, Tyler. I'm done with you. I'm not a very forgiving person and you should know that by now. I don't know how, but I might be able to forgive you for this one day. But that's not anytime soon. I don't want to talk to you, be friends with you, nothing. Don't come by my house or my work, just leave me alone." I said turning away from him and grabbing Brian's hand.

I pulled him into my apartment and closed/locked the door behind me.

I left Tyler on my doorstep just like my feelings for him.