Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 55)

Today is the day.
The guys and Val are going home.
I didn't think I would be too upset.
I've had people walk in and out of my life since I was a kid.
I guess it never gets any easier.
I wish someone would've let me know.
Maybe then, this wouldn't be so hard.
I stood in my kitchen watching everyone pack their stuff, taking all evidence of them ever being here with me.
"Zacky, don't forget your clothes. I washed them for you and left them on top of my bed." I told him quietly.
He nodded gratefully and smiled.
I forced on a smile as well.
I don't want them to feel bad for the feeling I'm having right now.
It's not their fault they have to go.
Duty calls.
Or more like the fans are calling for another tour.
I went and sat on the couch and a second later Val was sitting next to me.
"I don't want to leave." She said.
I chuckled softly and put my arm around her.
"It's not forever. Just a little while. I promise I'll come and visit as soon as I get a break from school." I said.
"I'm gonna miss you so much." Val squealed, squeezing me tightly.
"I'm gonna miss you guys too." I said looking around at the guys that were now sitting around us.
"I'm gonna miss you, wifey." Johnny said, coming to sit in my lap.
I laughed and wrapped my arms around his waist while he put his arm around my neck.
"I'm going to miss you too, hubby. It's gonna be awfully quiet without all of the rucus." I said with a laugh.
"Johnny! Didn't Cee tell you?" Jimmy asked.
We all looked at him skeptically.
"Tell me what?" Johnny asked, with an even more confused look on his face.
"I'm her mistress. Well, mister since I'm not a woman." He said with a laugh.
"Noo!! Cee, not again!! You told me you wouldn't do this to me anymore." Johnny fake cried as he threw himself on to the floor.
"I'm sorry, Johnny!! It just happened. I couldn't resist his tall, lanky body." I asked, looking down at my lap, trying to keep the smile off my face.
"I'm finished!!" Johnny yelled."Noo!! Don't leave me, Johnny!!" I cried.
Everyone busted out laughing and so did me and Johnny.
"Woo!! Good times!!" I said with a laugh.
"We should probably head out. We don't want to hit too much traffic." Matt said.
We all groaned but stood up anyway.
Val and Zacky wrapped their arms around my waist as we walked down the stairs of my apartment complex.
"You guys have a good trip home. I hope you had fun while you were here." I said in a sad voice.
"We had the best time. I hope we can come back. That is if we haven't traumatized you already." Matt said with a smile.
I laughed.
"I've put up with my brothers for twenty years. You guys are a piece of cake compared to them. You guys are welcome to come back anytime you want." I said.
Matt smiled and pulled me into a hug.
I smiled as I pulled away and gave each of the guys a hug.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or what, but Brian was the last one to hug.
I smiled as he pulled me into his arms and I gently laid my head on his chest.
"I'm gonna miss seeing you." Brian mumbled.
"Yeah me too. It's gonna be weird not having you all here." I said.
Brian pulled away and looked down at me.
"I'll, well we'll come and see you as soon as we can." Brian said looking me in the eye.
I had the strongest urge to pull him back to me and smash my lips against his.
I saw Brian's eyes flicker between my eyes and lips.
My heart started pounding hard in my chest and I hoped he couldn't hear it.
I saw him lean towards me and like a magnet I felt drawn to him.
Our faces were centimeters apart and I started to close my eyes.
"ZACHARY BAKER!!" I heard Emily yell.
Me and Brian jerked apart.
"I can't believe you were going to leave without saying goodbye." Emily grumbled.
I looked at Zacky and saw his face light up as he looked up at her.
I turned back to Brian and saw him pouting.
I laughed and pecked him on the cheek.
I turned and watched Zacky and Emily.
She finally reached him and he opened his arms and she just fell into them.
I saw her face instantly relax and I couldn't help but smile.
Zacky put his face in her neck and squeezed her tighter.
"I'm gonna miss you." He said, his voice muffled by Emily's neck.
"I'm gonna miss you too. I'll come and visit as soon as I can." Emily murmured.
I saw Zacky nod and he pulled away from her embrace to kiss her.
"Don't forget to call me." Emily whispered against his lips.
"I won't and you don't forget either." He said back.
"Not gonna happen." She said with a laugh as she buried her face in Zacky's neck.
He wound his arms around her tightly again.
They stood there for a minute before finally pulling away.
"Ok, you have to go." Emily said with a not a lot of conviction in her voice.
"Haha. You don't sound too sure about that." Brian said with a smirk.
I punched him lightly in the arm.
"Yeah, I do need to go. Even if I don't want to." Zacky said softly.
"Ok. Just go before I keep you here." She said with a laugh.
Zacky pulled away and gave her one more kiss.
Once he walked to the car I walked to Emily and wrapped my arm around her.
"It's gonna be ok, babe." I whispered reassuringly.
We watched as Brian's SUV pulled away and she put her head on my shoulder.
"I know it will be. It doesn't make it any easier though." She whispered.
I didn't say anything.
I knew exactly how she felt.
She was right.