Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 60)

"Cynthia!"

"Are you okay?!"

"Where did that mother fucker go?!"

Three of my brothers yelled.

I tried to hold in my laugh as I walked to the door.

My uncle stood in the living room with his back to the door.

I could see the tension in his shoulders.

He was worried about how my brothers were going to react to him coming back.

"Just breathe." I whispered to him.

I walked to the door and opened it, all of my brothers rolling in like a tidal wave.

"Where did you see that g---," Jonathan started, stopping when he saw someone in my living room.

"Who the hell are you?" Anthony asked aggresively.

"Is that anyway to talk to me?" My uncle asked, turning around to face me brothers.

I smiled and watched their reactions.

All of their mouths fell open at the same time which was absolutely comical.

"Wh---what are y---," James started.

"Where have you been?" Jonathan asked, sounding a little angry.

I looked at him in shock.

I had expected a lot of different reactions, anger not being one of them.

"Jonathan!" I scolded.

"No, it's alright." Uncle Raj said.

"Uncle Raj!" Nathaniel yelled, running to my uncle.

My uncle grinned and hugged him tightly.

"Look at you, kid. You're all grown up now." He said.

Nathaniel laughed and pulled away.

"Yeah, that happens after eight years." Jonathan bit back bitterly.

Anthony smacked him in the arm.

My brothers all greeted my uncle and hugged.

Jonathan was the last one and he stood stiffly, looking at my uncle.

"I know you're upset, Jonathan. I understand. But I was stupid and I didn't know how to deal with what was going on." Raj said.

"That's a cowards excuse. We needed you! And you were nowhere to be found! I had o take care of this family by myself practically. I was seventeen!" He yelled angrily, balling up his fists.

"I know. I'm not proud of how I handled the situation. I'm sorry that I left and you were forced to become a man way before you were ready. But look around you, Jonathan. Look at your brothers and sister. You raised them to be smart and have good heads on their shoulders. They are healthy and alive, you're all together because of you. You did what I couldn't do. You took care of your family like a real man is supposed to. You are a better man then I will ever be and even though I left you all, I wouldn't change a thing that I did. You wouldn't be the man you are today if I hadn't left." My uncle said sincerely.

Jonathan breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm down.

I went over to my brother and hugged him tightly, laying my head on his chest.

"Have I ever told you how much I appreciate all that you do for us? I don't know what I'd do with out you, big brother." I said softly.

I felt him breathe in and he wound his arms around me, holding me tightly.

"You guys are my family. You come first, always." He said.

"That's what I mean. You always put us before yourself. I love you so much for it. I know you don't like the fact that Uncle Raj left, but he's back now. He's family. Families stick together. He belongs with us." I said, looking up at him.

Jonathan looked down, staring at me.

"I know. I'm sorry I'm being an asshole. It was just overwhelming, seeing you after all this time. All that pent up anger and frustration just came right out. I'm sorry Uncle Raj, you are family and you do belong with us. I'm sorry if I made you feel differently." Jonathan said sincerely.

He was looking at my uncle in the eye, like a man.

That was the thing about Jonathan.

He's hard headed and stubborn.

But when he's wrong, he admits it and tries to make it right.

I pulled away from him and watched as my big brother walked up to my uncle and put out his hand.

"Welcome back, uncle. We've missed you." He said.

I could tell he was smiling.

My uncle looked at him then his hand.

He grabbed it and pulled him into his arms, gripping him like he might never see him again.

"I'm so proud of the man you've become. I know your dad would be too." He said, chocking on his own words.

Jonathan held my uncle tightly as well, burying his face in his neck.

He did that when he was trying not to cry.

I walked slowly up to them and joined in the hug, kissing Jonathan's back.

He pulled away from my uncle and wound an arm around me, pulling me in between him and my uncle.

"I love you sis." He mumbled into the top of my head.

"I love you too, bro. Always." I murmured.

I felt more warmth and realized that the rest of my brothers had joined in too.

I grinned widely, loving and enjoying this moment with my family.

"I love you guys." I said.

"We love you too." They said in unison.

I laughed.

"Thank you, Jonathan." We said together.

He let out a shaky laugh.

"I would do anything for you guys." He said.

I smiled, knowing he was telling the truth.