Status: Currently on hold (evil writer's block) though I fully intend to finish this story eventually.

My Favorite Part Was Dying

Intervention

"Gerard, what on earth has been going through your head lately?!" Donna asked her son tearfully. Gerard simply shrugged.

"That's it? No explanation?" Donald asked, anger lacing his words. Gerard shrugged again.

"Go to your room!" Donald said. Gerard quickly went to his room, locking the door and sitting down on his bed, feeling defeated. After a moment of sitting in silence he threw the covers aside and crawled into bed, closing his eyes and letting sleep take him away.

"Wakey, wakey."

Gerard turned, rubbing at his eyes and then finally opening them to see his brother standing before him again.

"What do you want?" he asked, more hostility in his voice than he had meant. Mikey hung his head and began to speak.

"Gee, I'm really, really sorry. I didn't mean to get you in so much trouble. I was being stupid. I guess that doesn't change even with death...." Gerard chuckled slightly in spite of himself. He stood up to wrap his brother in another hug.

"Ray, Bob, and Frank are on their way over here. Mom and Dad called them. I think they want the guys to intervene." Mikey said in a warning tone.

"Intervene?" Gerard asked, somewhat confused.

"You know -- an intervention," a knock on the door interrupted Mikey. "Crap, I gotta go. It's better if I'm not around when you deal with people...." he said as he faded from sight.

"Gee?" Ray's voice called through the door. Gerard walked over and opened it. Ray, Frank, and Bob stood before him, all trying to smile and failing miserably.

"Can we come in?" Frank asked timidly. Gerard opened the door wider to let them inside. He quickly made his bed and gestured for them to sit on it. He sat down at his desk chair and waited for one of them to speak. Silence swallowed the four of them up before Bob finally spoke.

"We know how hard this is for you... but what you're doing is just making things worse."

"Ah, yes, an intervention. Splendid," Gerard muttered sarcastically. "Look, I know you guys care, and that's why you're here. But right now, I need to deal with this by myself."

"Yeah, but... you're not dealing with it. You're just digging yourself into a hole." Ray murmured sadly.

"Then that's my choice," Gerard said stubbornly.

"We're your friends. We help each other when we're drowning." Bob said.

"Ah, so sweet. But probably a bit too dark for a Hallmark card." Gerard spat. He despised how harsh he was being to his friends but he didn't want them here now, he wanted Mikey.

"We're being serious. We're still here, but Mikey is go--"

"He isn't gone!" Gerard cut Frank off.

His three friends stared at him pityingly. They didn't understand. How could they?

"He's not gone," Gerard whispered.