Status: My first story Yay!

Twisted Triangle

Twisted Triangle Chapter 3

Back to the Present Terra's P.O.V
I was still on my couch in the living room. After replaying the dream still nothing jumped out at me, any clues or explanation of why I couldn't stop dreaming about one of the worst moments of my life.

If any thing I was more confused. I turned my head to the right and saw the clock, it read 6:00. I had to get ready for school. Though I had no idea why I still went. Most of the time I ditched or was in the principles office.

According to the shrink the school made mandatory for me to go to after my father’s death, I was quote 'acting out of the grief of my father’s death. And that this was normal actions for a 17yr old her lost her father'

Ha! normal yeah they have no idea what other thing I've gone through that could cause me to act out.
Though I was smart, up at the top of my class. That stumped the school. They always think the kids who act out are dumb, well I certainly proved them wrong by upholding a 3.8 from sophomore year to junior.

The only reason for that was I needed good grades to graduate and to get the hell out of Trent and away from my booze addicted mother I needed to graduate.
So, only one more year of high school, which to my dismay started today. As I slowly made my way up stairs to my room, their was banging around coming from behind my mother's door.

Not taking a second to investigate I headed off to my room. The clinking of bottles in the morning was always there; my mother preparing her morning drink, and to open the door would only greet me with an empty bottle hurled towards me and a stream of curses.

After opening the window to let the cool September breeze in to thin out the smell of alcoholI headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.
I walked back to my dresser trying to decide if ditching fist period would be ok, but that better of it.

I pulled out a light wash pair of skinny jeans, a white fitted t-shirt, and my black converses.
Going back into the bathroom I straightened my long black hair, and swept my long bangs to the side. Then I put on some eyeliner and deemed my self presentable.
Then I went to my closet and grabbed my dark leather jacket with the buckles and headed out gabbing my book bag, Pod, phone, keys and some money on my way out.

I walked out of the house locking the door behind me and walking to the old mustang my grandfather had gotten me.

When he got it was a piece of junk, but he and I had fixed it so it practically looked new. It was 1965 Vintage with black on black decorating.
When he had said he got it for a small $600, Terra was so happy. He told her that they would have to spend a while fixing it up but when they did it would look great. And he was right.

The car matched her they were both mysterious and intimidating, they were made for each other. Terra step into the car and herd the familiar purr of the engine.

Patting the dashboard she pulled out of the drive way and drove toward the high school.
She sang along to MGMT's Kids thinking of how it was going to be another boring yeah at Trent High School, not knowing how wrong she was. This year would be different.

Terra's P.O.V
Yes...No...Yes...No.......
'Ugh, doing the right thing is so hard when the wrong thing sounds sooo much sweater.' Terra thought.

She was about 5mins away from school, and it was 7:45. She was trying to figure out if she sold do the right thing; head to school with 10mins to spare.

Though the part of her head that made most of the decisions said, Just take a couple minutes and go to the Daily Grind, if you don't you'll fall asleep by second period from lack of caffeine.

Oh the bad part has a way with words.....Terra made a left and turned the car off be fore she could change her mind. She opened the door to the Daily Grind
'
Well' Terra thought 'I haven't seen Patch in forever' Even though it was last weekend, but because they’re weird like that it was forever.

So the score was bad decisions 1 smart decision 0.

When Terra walked through the doors she fell more in love with the coffee house.
It a quiet and comfortable place. The workers didn't have to wear uniforms and their was always soft music playing in the back round.

She had first been there with her father when she was 12 and kept going back. When she was at the coffee shop she could forget all her bad memories.
Her father and the owner were best friends. Her dad even mad e the owner Mr. Hines her godfather. Mr. Hines wife died when his son Patch was born. Patch and Terra had met and immediately clicked. She told him everything, aside from the problems with her mother. She couldn't tell anyone what happened to her when her mom drank. Some things were better left secret.

He was like the older brother she always wanted. He was caring, funny and protective. They could actually pass for brother and sister they both had thick jet black hair and almost the same bone structure. The only difference was the eyes.
While Terra's were soft and bluish-green, Patches were ice blue.

Though they still look alike. They had already fooled half the hospital into thinking they were brother and sister in order to see Mr. Hines.

Terra took a seat at the counter and looked at Patch till he got the point which only about 2 second before he got the message 'Coffee.Tired.Before.Talk'

About 5 mins latter there was a cup of coffee in front of her. She gulped down half the cup before she looked back at him and saw he was shaking his head in disbelief.

"What?" I said

Patch chuckled then said "I've never seen anyone down that much coffee in under 2mins"

"Well, then that makes me special." I said then stuck my tongue out at him. Yes it was very childish, but who doesn't take the chance to do something childish?

"So" Patch said leaning on the counter "are you excited about senior year?"

I grunted and grabbed a cookie out of the basket on the counter.

"Aw don't be like that it could be fun"

"To tell you the truth I don't think it’ll be any different" I said after eating my cookie.

"Hmmm....I don't know maybe something will change it did for me” Patch said

"That was because you were the star of the school; Coach Brent still talks about you."

"That's not what I was talking about, but it's good to know I'm still the talk of the school” Patch said

As I got up to leave I paused before going outside. Just to make him sweat.

"Patch” I called "Hmm" he said turning around.
"
"You should really hear some of the thing the girls have said about you, so not as....nice....now that's interesting, Bye"
I turned to see him staring at the door wide eyed.
Ha, it was worth it.

I pulled out of the lock and saw the large stone building that was Trent High School, with all its glory.
I hesitantly glanced down at the clock it was 7:57.

Hmmm, I was going to have to either make a scene or run my ass of.

I ran down the hall way and up the stairs all the way to the third floor which was for seniors. Just as I was about to get to my locker two guys caring a banner came in my way. And to top it off it was 8:00 and I had 5 minutes before the teachers started to round up students. This was so stereotypical; the supposed trouble maker tries to get to class on time but is faced with 2 problems. And anyway why in the world is there a banner!! It's the first day what could already be planned?!!

'Hmm' I thought 'maybe those years of softball will pay off'

I dove under the banner and slid across the floor and slamming my back into the locker.
My two best friends Alicia and Aaron who were already there were laughing. They helped me up and Alicia managed to giggle out
" 10 points for originality and skill"

"Well you got to keep it interesting or it gets boring" I told her. I turned to Aaron "Call it"

"About 17 seconds to spare” he said "I think that's your fastest"

I did my happy dance in the hall, which I got some dirty looks and head shakes.

I and Aaron had made an arrangement. We both couldn’t seem to make it to school on time. And if we did it was with only seconds to spare.
So we made a bet to see who could make it with the least time left without being late for class.

And Aaron had been winning with 20 seconds. Which I had just destroyed.

After we had all calmed down I gave each of them a hug.
I held on to Aaron a little longer. His hugs always made me feel better and I really needed one. He didn't protest, but when I looked up he was smirking.

I playfully glared at him, looking into his pale silver eyes that were hidden by his brow hair.
Then I felt something hit my back. I looked down and it was a wad of paper.

Alicia was glaring at her green eyes shinning and her red hair looked on fire.
I followed her gaze and it landed on Tracy Evens.

She was the notorious school slut. She had a think for Aaron and everyone knew it.
She hated Alicia and Terra with a passion and she made sure they knew it.
Terra rolled her eyes and turned back to her friends. She was starting to feel better. Between them and Patch her mood was ok.

Though she really wanted to talk to them about the dream. She still couldn't explain it.
Terra didn't want anymore drama. Being the kid whose dad was attacked and the kid whose mom never showed for family events at school she had enough attention.

Everyone at school assumed that before James left they had a fight before he left. So that was it the great 10 yr friendship between James Redwood and Terra Whiteoak ended.

To me it sounded like a load of bull.

They had already compared schedule's and found out they had most of their classes together. First was homeroom, with Mr. Durbin...
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter whoo-hoo! And I thinking about starting another story, so double yay!1 Yeah I know I'm a dork but who cares?