Status: In process of being edited and revised.

There's Something I can't Stand About You

oo2

The world didn’t know the secret of me and “Poe”. How his name wasn’t even Poe to begin with and how he and I used to have at it like cats and dogs. He was Jackie throughout pre-school and middle, and we used to be the worst of enemies. He was the guy girls fantasized about, even if they didn’t want to, I can admit that; there wasn’t a day that went by when I didn’t kill him in my head, so he somehow managed to pop up in all of our heads. You wouldn’t hear the end of it from the girls who were obsessed with him as though he were an idol already. From then till now he’s always had lengthy black hair that he kept in a nice cool style and hair cut girls always wanted to run their hands through. His eyes were naturally brown (and sometimes black if I had anything to do with it) but everyday at school he had a different color that became his patented look and I had always prayed those cheap contacts would give him an eye affection. Wishful thinking. He was always so friendly, even to the ones who weren’t friendly to him with the exception of me, yet again. You can just picture me rolling my eyes like mad, can’t you?
The reasons for us hating each other, even I couldn’t tell you. It just happened, and it’s been that way since we could barely speak. In a sick twisted way we got off on making each other’s lives miserable, because if there was something I hated more than flan, it was Jackie being happy. Then one day he moved. And the feuding stopped. I went on living with an uncompleted anger; an emptiness that left me completely still. But then.

One day I just so happened to spot good ol’ “Poe” on television’s Oh!snap music network and he was rocking out for his debut performance in a group called “Dead Poets”. At that moment the anger flared again. Angel became irritated because he had no idea why I held such a grudge. No one could understand. I didn’t even understand. But one thing was for certain, I had to kill Jackie Phillip. Before he killed me.