Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Outlines

Jack’s POV

There were two more acts to perform before it was our turn. We moved to the side of the stage trying to gauge the reaction of the crowd to the other acts that were performing. I also secretly wanted to check out our competition. Apparently to win this thing, the crowd votes. The fate of All Time Low rested in the hands of our school mates. Mr Chapman gets final say of the acts performances that get submitted to Emerald Moon Records and from there they get to choose who they want to sign. It was all very nerve wracking.

The only kids that i see as valid competition; people i would pay to go see play are Barrett Road, a band made up of seniors that weren't douche bags and the girl who was performing now. Emily-Rose Myer. Freshman and absolutely incredible. She was this tiny blonde speck of a girl but man could she sing. I watched as Emily closed her eyes and sang the chorus of her last song.

“Man she;s good guys,” Zack said over the sound of Emily’s sinfully good acoustic guitar.

“She is,” Alex agreed; his voice low. His hand found mine. His palm was sweaty.

“We’re better,” i told him into his ear in a whisper before pressing a kiss to his cheek. i saw him smile.

i looked over my shoulder at the rest of my band. Zack was stretching again arms above his head, bending to each side. Ryan was playing drums against the brick wall. If i paid attention i could tell that it was Teenage Dirtbags beat.

Emily’s set came to an end and she stood up from her stool and smiled at the crowd. She did a little curtsey and made her way off the stage.

“That was beautiful,” i told her sincerely.

“Thanks,” she blushed.

The crew of the stage moved quickly; grabbing the stool and sliding the next bands drum kit over on the moving platform.

“Maggot Death Cockroach are up next,” Rian pulled a face.

“Oh here we go,” I laughed; looking to Alex for his reaction.

His face was void of any emotion. He was staring at the spot on the stage where the lead singers microphone stand was. i waved my hand in front of his face, clicking my fingers a few times. He turned his face to me abruptly.

“Sorry,” he shook his head. “Were you saying something?”

“No,” i shrugged. “Where were you just now? You seemed miles away.”

“I was,” he smiled just a little. “Just trying to set myself up mentally for this.”

“Well, you’ll have a good soundtrack for that,” i told him sarcastically as the first metal riff played loudly through the speakers around us.

Rian immediately covered his ears and Zack started laughing.

“We are Maggot. Death. Cockroach!!” the lad singer screamed into the microphone, spitting flying everywhere.

The crowd clapped politely; two kids screamed about halfway back. They started playing; the singer wasn't even singing into the microphone. He was screaming. i tried nodding my head in time with the music. It honestly wasn't bad. Alex squeezed my hand and i looked at him.

“I’m suddenly very thankful that Rian’s mum bought us microphones,” he screwed up his face and i laughed at him.

“What?” he pouted.

“You’re so fucking cute,” i said loudly, giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

He smiled up at me and i watched him take a deep breath.

“Did he just spit on the stage?” Zack asked from beside me.

“Thats fucking disgusting,” Rian frowned. “So glad ill be sitting behind my kit ad not standing on that stage.”

“They better mop it up before they leave,” i said a matter of factly. “Or else one of is going to slip and fall on his ass and my moneys on it being me.”

The others laughed at me.

“I’m serious you guys.”

“We know babe,” Alex flicked his hair out of his eyes. “That’s why its funny.”

“You guys suck,” i let go of Alex’s hand and crossed my arms.

“Oh i know i do,” Alex told me in my ear and i blushed.

“Stop talking about sex Gaskarth, i swear,” Zack warned.

“i’m sorry, Merrick,” Alex rested his head on Zack’s shoulder and pouted up at him all wide eyes and adorable. “But if my boyfriend mentions sucking, my mind will only go to one place.”

Zack side eyed him and stepped away making Alex lose his balance slightly.

“Hey don't damage him,” Rian said smacking Zack with his drumstick. “We need him! He’s the only one that knows about this mystery song and how it goes!”

“Dont damage him? You just hit me with your drumstick!”

“Alex is more fragile than you!”

“Hey!” Alex protested.

“Guys! Guys!!” i stepped up; laughing at my friends antics. “They're done! Its our turn.”

The three others turned and looked at me. I watched the colour drain out of Alex’s face.

“Come on,” i urged holding my hand out, gesturing for the others to do the same. Alex put his hand on top of mine and Zack and Rian followed suit. “Let’s smash this.”

“Lets win this!” Zack grinned.

“Let’s kick this competitions ass!” Ryan nodded.

“Lets just go out there, and be the best fucking band we can be!” Alex added his other hand to the pile and we lifted them all team like.

“All Time Low!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you guys i was back!
BATTLE OF THE BANDS COMPETITION!
are you guys ready?
I'm ready!