Status: In Progress....

Sunday Afternoon

Finally.

Wake up, shower, get dressed, eat, school, be nice, do work, stay after to play the piano more, go home, do homework, eat, study, bed. And repeat. Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish that something would happen – besides a concert or a big exam – would mess up my god-awful routine. Was that too much to ask from a god I didn’t believe in? I really didn’t think so, but I guess it was.

I shoved my things inside my locker, grabbing my English book before heading there. I loved English and all, but I hated my class, who always ruined everything, whether it be being too loud or not doing their work; I hated them.

I wanted out of this small town and out somewhere, to be somebody, somebody other than the small town girl everyone thought of the girl they wanted their daughter to be. I was the girl every other student at Harmony High – named after this dumb town in Pennsylvania – ignored because they could. I was no one special, I was just smart, played the piano, wore what most people don’t like, and played nice. I just wanted something different.

I made my way down the hall, I wasn’t going to be late, but I needed my spot in the back corner of the classroom, I always sat there that way no one would really bother me, well, that often. I bit my lower lip lightly, finding the classroom all but empty, except for the random student that was way too obsessed with good grades and sucking up to the teacher – the one in this case I hate. I sat down, opening my notebook – the only thing holding it together was duct tape and a bit of red string though I don’t know how long it’s going to last – and scribbling down random nonsense, the only thing that really kept me sane.

I paid no attention to whoever was asking me if we had homework in Trigonometry, I answered them, though, absently because I don’t remember doing it at all. Day after day, I wrote about how I wanted something new, something to change other than the monotonous dances or something stupid like a freshman getting shoved inside their locker – though I’m really the only one besides the poor kid’s friends that would help him out. All that I find day after day, is disappointment. Really, was it all too much to ask for?

“Miss Hearst, would you mind going down to the office to copy this worksheet? I’m ten copies short.” Mr. Greene was by far one of the coolest teachers ever, except when he’s ticked off, then he shouldn’t be messed with.

“Sure, Mr. Greene.” I took the paper and walked out of class, praying to a god I didn’t believe in that someone wouldn’t tick him off. It was probably sacrilegious to my family and peers that I don’t believe in a god, but I never really cared.

Harmony High’s office was stuffed and smelled odd, the secretaries were old and gossiped about anyone and everyone behind their back, I kind of don’t regret helping out here last year at all though.

After seeing Mary talk to a guy whom I didn’t know I asked Louise if I could use the copier. She continued to go on this lecture on how I didn’t have to ask. This is why I prefer Mary over Louise, she never lectures me. I started the copies, though I knew it wouldn’t take me too long.

I only heard part of Mary’s conversation with the new guy – which struck hope in me for something new. I only really knew that he was in my grade and his last name was Guenadere before the copies were done.

“Goodbye, Quinn.” Louise smiled at me, Mary looked up from where she was talking to the guy to wave at me as I left. Today would be a long day, I could tell already, but I still had hope in me after seeing the guy with skinny jeans on. Someone different than the scene I’ve seen all my life. Finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, I hope you like. Mel's up next in Carter's point of view. :)
Comments are loved.

xoxo
Mackie