Parallel Worlds

Christina's Story - Tick Tock

As the fire engines arrived to put out the fires Alex was taken off as he was classed as one of the critical patients. Ed lifted Christina over his shoulder, who was still in amazement at the fact Ed had kissed her, and carried her inside. Becca followed behind holding Christina’s hand who was almost in tears from how painful this position was for her stomach.

“Eh Ed, You’re hurting her….” Becca whispered. Ed eyes went huge. “Oh god I’m so sorry!” He yelped and moved Christina so he was carrying her bridal-style as to put no pressure on her stomach. She rested her head on Ed’s chest and listened to his heartbeat. Ed smirked at the younger girl in his arms and wondered what she was thinking. Becca had let go off Christina’s hand and was trotting off ahead to show Ed the way to Christina’s room.

“This one…” Becca announced and clicked open the door. She wandered inside and turned on the machinery. Ed lifted Christina onto the small bed and helped Becca attach wires and pads to her arms. Christina’s eyelids were heavy and she was trying to stay awake. Ed spoke in barely a whisper; yet loud enough to be heard.

“Can I look…? At your stomach?” Ed asked quietly. Becca kept her lip between her teeth knowing how Christina found it painful for people to touch it, even lightly. Christina looked freaked out, but nodded all the same. Ed held the material of her t-shirt and lifted it up. He let out a short gasp but controlled himself. Ed ran his eyes over the deep black bruising covering the bottom half of her chest and the row of stitches intruding the middle of the bruising.
“Jesus…” Ed murmured. Christina cringed slightly like oh Jesus well that’s blown it. Ed carefully lifted her t-shirt back down and then shivered. A doctor came in and Becca pulled Ed out the way by his arm to give the doctor some room to check over Christina. Ed slumped against the wall and watched the doctor like a hawk.

The doctor lifted Christina’s t-shirt off her and Christina bent over the side of the bed and picked up a spare blanket. “WELL DON’T LOOK!” She yelped in fits of giggles; continuing to throw the blanket for it to neatly land over his head. Ed laughed and left the scratchy blanket over his head. The doctor checked over the stitches and bruises and ran a finger of where Christina’s rib cage jutted out of her chest making her look almost skeletal. The doctor sighed and lifted her t-shirt back down.

“Your stomachs ready for the operation so we’ll send you off for that now…” The doctor explained, but looked concerned about something else. Becca muttered a sure and the doctor took Christina out the room. Ed whimpered slightly.

“What’s up doggie?” Becca laughed, since the noise he was creating sounded like a puppy that wanted food. Ed looked up and whispered “Will she be okay…?”

Becca laughed. “Sure she will! She’ll just be pretty tired and even more weak than usual.” Ed nodded like I guess so…

Ed found those 6 hours the longest time he had to wait in his life. Listening to the clock go

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

For 6 hours as he sat against the wall terrified for Christina. When the doctor came back with her he dive bombed her. Christina was pale and curled up on the bed shivering. Her eyes were barely open and she was breathing slowly and deeply. She looked in a load of pain and pretty groggy.

“Wow, you seem to be in pain Emery!” Becca laughed.

Christina groaned in annoyance. “Your f**king face will be soon if you don’t shut the f**k up.” Becca laughed under her breath and muttered ‘well who’s a grumpy girl then.’ Christina stuck two fingers up at Becca and grumbled. Christina’s doctor came into the room.
“Oh great. I’m sh**ing myself with joy now.” Christina muttered in annoyance.

"No need to be sarcastic, I just came to say I did some extra tests and it came up that your suffering from anorexia, since you haven’t been able to eat for nearly two months…” The doctor explained. Ed rolled his eyes.

“Could anything else be wrong with her?! I bet this is fun for you. How long will she f**king live!” Ed shouted. Becca cringed and the doctor backed out the room. Christina was a bit less groggy now and was rubbing her eyes carefully to wake herself up.

A nurse wandered into the room. “Can I have a word Mr. Minton?” She asked and led him out the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry bout the stupid name, its not a ke$ha reference its a reference to a clock. XD Soo comment, subscribe ect. I'm sorry its so bad but ya knaw XD Over to emery ;D