Status: Active

Love Until It Hurts

Chapter Six.

I moved quickly and silently as I followed Emily out of the room and through the back door. The boys didn't say a word as we left, all knowing it wasn't a time for jokes. I scratched the back of my neck as the door closed and I waited for her to speak. To be honest, I was glad I would finally have someone to talk to, someone who might actually understand why I'm so upset.

"What's the matter?" Was the only thing she asked, it was the only thing she had to ask. I rubbed my face with my hands before taking a deep sigh. She stood there patiently while I got ready to spill.

"It's just-" I took a deep breathe and started over. "It's just, I'm afraid he still loves her. That maybe he didn't really imprint on me and he just said he did in hopes to get over her. What if this weekend makes her realize she loves him? I don't know what I would do if I loose him, Emily." She just nodded her head and waited for me to continue.

I didn't think I had to, I thought that was it, but after another knowledgeable look from her, and I was off again. "And I mean, who wants their boyfriend to hang out with someone they used to have such strong feelings for, seriously? Just looking at her makes me wonder what he thinks now, or even then. It makes me feel so insecure. I hate feeling insecure." Finally I was done.

She smiled softly at me and pulled me into a short, sweet, simple hug. After we let go she continued with that soft smile. My eyes scanned over her scars briefly. If they could love each other after something like that happened, then love really knew no boundaries.

"I know what you mean, Katie. I know me and Sam look like we have it together all the time, but sometimes I can't help but wonder about him and Leah. Would we still be engaged if he wasn't a shape shifter? The boys say imprinting helps them find the love of their lives, and maybe we'll never really grasp how strongly they feel for us, but that doesn't mean we can't get a little jealous sometimes." my smile now matched hers as I let her words sink in. She was right, it also made me feel better that even her and Sam had problems like this, it made me feel a little less doubtful.

"Gotcha. I'm just going to try my best to ignore Bella this weekend, try not to think about the past them, and look forward to the future Jacob and I." Her smile was wider now as was mine, i was glad to have gotten this out of my mind and could go back to being happy. I hated being anything but happy, and next time I saw Jake I would be able to just enjoy him and not worry.

"Now that this is hopefully fixed, lets go show the boys how to really play a board game." I laughed happily as I followed her into the house, now a little impatient to see Jacob later.

***

I held onto Seth's arm tightly as everything had suddenly become dark. The only thing that even helped my sight was the glow of the fire coming a little further away on the beach. I kept nudging Seth every time he laughed at me stumbling everywhere and tried to souly focus on the little amount of light I had and the ground I was walking on.

"I should have brought a hoodie. I'm going to be cold all night." I mumbled under my breathe after tripping slightly on a root sticking up. We were getting closer and I could see all the teenagers sitting around and talking with all there friends.

"Are you kidding? You're going to have a one hundred and eight degree dog sitting next to you all night. What more can you ask for?" Embry asked from behind me and I waved him off.

"Not if Bella Swan has her way." Quil piped up. The gang laughed as Seth told them to shut up for me, only gaining us more laughs and taunts. After their rowdiness had calmed down, I could walk on my own and let go of Seth's arm, just as Jacob walked up to us. Bella in tow.

"Hey now Clearwater, you wouldn't try to be stealing my woman now, eh?" The glow of the fires around us made it clear to see the cute smirk tugging at his lips and the black shirt hugging his body closely.

"Not unless Katie wants to rob the cradle." Jared shouted out as the gang dispersed from us and slapped Jake on the shoulder.

"I missed you!" I said loudly and happily as I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my forehead into the crook of his neck. He held me back tightly as he kissed my neck in silent agreement. I pulled back slightly, our arms still holding onto one another, and grinned up at him.

"You seem to be a lot happier then earlier." His smile matched mine as I gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I guess I just realized how lucky I am to have you."

"Just about a million times less lucky as I am to have you." I rolled my eyes and let go of him but still held onto his hand. "So Ms. Katie, I was thinking you could chill with Seth for a while as I introduce Bella to some people?" i stopped the walking we had casually started to do and looked at him.

"Really? She can't mingle by herself?" I spoke quietly, not wanting to offended but finding this situation highly annoying.

"She asked if I could, ya know. I have to be a good host." I rolled my eyes and let go of his hand. He looked down at me with his brows mashed together and I shrugged.

"Whatever, Jacob. Just come find me when you're down or don't. I don't care." I was tired of hiding how upset I was with this hole thing and stormed off to where I saw Seth heading without saying another word.

As I sat on the empty seat on the log Seth was also sitting on, I folded my arms on my knees.

"What's the matter?" Seth automatically asked and I just shook my head sighing.

"I just cannot wait for the Cullens to come back." I mumbled before resting my forehead on my arms. I felt Seth rub my back in comfort, I shook my head I'm frustration as he kept rubbing.

"I know bellas his ex love and all, but you have to realize how much he loves you. Trust me, with the hole shifter telepathy thing, I can tell you youre all he thinks about." I picked my head up and just nodded.

I could hear it a million times, but it still didn't bring me any comfort.
♠ ♠ ♠
For 20 subscribers I only got two comments. LAME!! So three comments, good ones hopefully but I'm not picky, or no update. Sorry!!