Status: Active

Love Until It Hurts

Chapter Five.

When I got up to the reserve, I didn't go to Jake's. Instead, I found myself sitting in my car staring at the front of Emily and Sam's house. I sighed before un-doing my seat belt and sliding out of my KIA. You would think that when your boyfriend is alone with someone he used to love, you as the girlfriend, would want to be up there asses to make sure everything is fine. But I didn't. I feared what would be going on between them, was terrified that I would witness the feelings Jacob might still have for her. After all, ignorance is bliss.

I walked into the house without even knocking, as I knew no one would mind, and was greeted by a howl of laughs and in the background a TV was on, even though no one payed attention to it. Once the door closed behind me everyone looked up from the kitchen table and stared for a moment, letting themselves take in who had just arrived.

"Katie!" Seth Clearwater was the first one to greet me and wave happily. I gave them my best smile as everyone started to greet me and Jared even patted the empty chair next to him. I gratefully accepted and dropped my bag next to my feet as I sat down. It took me a minute now, to realize what lay in front of me on the table.

Monopoly.

"Now who would be afraid of you big bad wolves?" I laughed as Quil waved me off and rolled his dice. Jared shook his head at me and stared for a moment. "What?" I asked, still laughing lightly.

"Monopoly is a classic game, Katie. Besides, I'm kicking there asses right now." He said the last part loudly, directing it mostly to Sam who seemed to have the least amount of money. After a disapproving head shake from Sam, Jared focused back on me. "Can I ask why you're here without your trusted dog?" His smirk was friendly as he focused on the bored now but glanced at my quickly.

"Oh, well, uhm. I can't just come here to hang out?" I tried to make it sound like he was offending me, like maybe he would with drawl his question but instead he continued.

"No you can't, well at least you don't, now what's up?" I knew he was asking because he was my friend, because he cared. But it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. Not right then and there with his whole pack waiting for an answer.

"Nothing Jared, really. I just wanted to hang-" Before I was finished the front door opened as Bella and Jacob walked in. I quickly averted my eyes to the board game and ignored the staring I was getting from Emily.

"That's why." Jared spoke softly and Seth couldn't hold back a laugh, causing all of us to chuckle as well.

"What's so funny?" Jacob spoke as he walked closer and rested his left hand on the back of my chair, I glanced up to realize Bella had moved in almost perfect step with Jake and was standing within inches of him.

"Nothing, man. Just that our leader is getting recked in monopoly." Quil laughed loudly as Sam threw a small red hotel in the direction of him. Quil dodge it as he continued to laugh at the expense of Sam.

"How long as this one been here?" I could tell by the tone of his voice he was smiling as he nudged me with his elbow and I didn't make much of an effort to move, or even look at him much.

"She pretty much just got here." Emily answered for me and I tried to ignore the fact her eyes were still piercing into me.

"Jake, we should probably get going." Bella's voice was soft as she spoke but I could still hear her and I still didn't want to,

"Yeah, right. We're going for ice cream, does anyone wanna come?" Now to company Emily's eyes, I felt Jacob staring at me too as everyone declined his offer. "Kate?" He nudge me again and I shook my head, causing him to kneel down next to me. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly and I felt obligated to look over at him.

Just once glance at his perfect face, one look into his dark eyes and I felt even sadder. Just the thought of losing him, the thought of his loving going to another girl just broke my heart. I shook my head again, afraid of what would happen had I spoke, and he just sighed. It was obvious he was concerned and I didn't want him to have to wait around for his needy girlfriend.

"Have fun." I tried to sound cheery as I leaned forward and pressed my lips on his own. Surprisingly, his hand slid up to my neck and deepened the innocent kiss more. I smiled softly into it as we broke apart.

"You're still staying the night?" I nodded my head once more before he kissed my cheek and stood up. "See you guys at the fire." Jacob announced before sending me another smile and following Bella out the door.

Another quiet minute passed before Emily spoke.

"Katie, can you help me with something really fast?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, keep it up with the (at least 3) comments!<3 PS. i love the long ones, just sayin' (: