Obsession

Honesty Hurts

Jake was outside in a moment, “What? What happened?” He asked.

I thrust the envelope at him. “What is it? You haven’t even opened it,” then he looked at it.

I warned you. Look inside for a prize! Was written on the front with newspaper clippings.

“What the hell!” Jake rushed into the house, I was right behind him. “Grab the envelope opener,” He ordered. I did.

He opened the seal and carefully slid out the papers. In it was pictures of me changing in my bedroom, me taking a shower, me walking Snow, me getting groceries. There was a note,

You didn’t pay attention last time! What am I too you? Nothing? I don’t find that very fair. I treated you so well before! You were my angel. Then, you go and leave me. Never talk to me. Never reply when I send you something. It’s as though I was never in your life. I’m disappointed in you Ava.

I have a small surprise for you coming in a few days. I guarantee you will love it!

Another thing, maybe you should get that new exercise thing. The shake weight. Your arms are getting a little flabby. Honesty hurts!

I looked at Jake. “How could he get these? I’m on the second floor!” I flipped through some of the photos. “And these shower ones? Did he get into the house? Oh, my god! He was in my house! How? Who? Did he go through our things! Oh, god. Oh, god!” I was pacing.

“Ava! Calm yourself,” He grabbed my shoulders. “I’m going to call the cops, alright?” I nodded as he grabbed the phone and dialed the local police department.

~*~

It’s been two weeks. Police were constantly keeping an eye on the house, making sure nobody was sneaking around. “Ma’am, there’s been nothing happening. I suggest you get a security system. That’s all I can say. Our men have other things to take care of,” One of the officers told me.

“Can’t you stay longer? He’s bound to come. I need you to catch him, make him stop stalking me!” my breathing got uneven.

The officer placed a hand on my shoulder, “Calm down Miss. A security system will protect you around the clock ma’am. My men can’t stay here all the time like that fancy alarm can.”

I sighed, and huffed away. “What help you are!” I called out before slamming the front door shut.

“What was that about?” Jake asked.

“They are leaving. Saying that we need to get an alarm,” I walked up the stairs into our room.

Jake appeared in the doorway, “I gotta work today, should I call in?” he asked. I could tell he didn’t really want to.

“No, I’ll be okay. I’ll probably go get some groceries and new socks for you,” I smiled, looking at his holy socks.

He grinned his toothy grin, “Alright,” He pushed off the doorframe and came by me, giving me a light kiss before heading back down the stairs and out the door.

I sighed and looked around the room. Might as well clean a little. So that’s what I did most of the day. After the whole house was spotless, I took a shower and headed out to the food store.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lemme know whatcha think?

Thanks to the people who have subscribed! Ich liebe dich! x]