I Hate That I Love You

Babycakes

Bailey

I step on to the balcony, taking the usual strong breath of fresh air that I’ve fallen in love with here in Europe- especially here in France! “It’s so delicious,” I murmur, leaning forward and overlooking the streets. Like an ancient city combined into some sort of fairy tale. Plus our view, right here, I can see the Eiffel Tower. Never thought I’d see it in person, but here I am. I could just stay here forever…

“Honeycakes!”

A little smile spreads across my lips as I roll my eyes at him. My husband. So weird... “She left,” I call sarcastically, not looking towards where Alex is probably ordering some breakfast. Again, he’s too lazy to go down to the first floor for the food.. After all, it’s a drag to get him out of here before noon, usually. Not that I’m complaining, but… yeah.

Alex follows my voice and comes up as he’s putting on a shirt for today. Incidentally, it’s one of the shirts I got him- a plain green v-neck. Over it goes a black and white striped sweatshirt. At first I think it’s mine but I realize it really is his- I just like to wear it often. “Hey, honeycakes,” he beams and ruffles my hair. Great, affection this early in the morning, I muse with a small smirk.

“Honeycakes?” I ask him, cocking my head and making a face. “I’m sure you can do better than that, Alex.”

“Awww,” he pouts as he stands behind my shoulder, leaning his chin on it and slipping a hand into the back and front pockets of my jeans. “How’s… sexy? Babe? Doll face? Doll? Porkie Pie? Pancakes? Buttercup? Precious? Oooo, that’s a good one,” he grins and I know he’s instantly thinking about Lord of the Rings.

“Yeah, because girls like to be nicknamed after inanimate objects,” I roll my eyes. “I think not, hon.”

“Hey, you stole ‘hon,’ no fair,” he pouts at me. “That means more thinking on my side.”

“You could use the practice, it’s about time you started,” I pat his hand sympathetically.

“That’s not nice,” he points out.

“It wasn’t supposed to be,” I roll my eyes once again and reluctantly pull myself from his hold. “Come on, we should start packing, since we’ve got to be out of the hotel in just an hour or so,” I remind him. It actually really sucks, our honeymoon having to end.

“Mmmm nah. Lets wait,” he decides.

“Mmmm nah, let’s not,” I mock him.

“Are you mocking me?”

“Are you mocking me?” I mimic, rolling my eyes and I glance at my nails casually. The sudden idea flashes through my mind- I’m so painting his nails neon pink next time he decides to take a nap. Missy’s sure to have some…

“You’re mean this morning.”

“You’re mean this morning.”

“At least I look good.”

“At least I look good.”

“Cause you don’t.”

“Cause you don’t.”

“And I can easily brag about-” and he zaps into a very fast and long list of everything he can do as someone famous, a guy, and a singer.

I think my eye twitches when he finally stops. I open my mouth but realize I can’t recall how he even started. He laughs at me as I scrunch up my nose, irritated with him. “You suck. That wasn’t funny,” I say finally.

“Then why am I laughing?” He smirks.

“Cause you’re an idiot.”

“Aww, no I’m not. I’m the best thing there ever was… you know, soooo much better than yourself, of course.” He chuckles and starts to look over the balcony like I was doing not long ago.

“I hate you.”

Alex turns, raising his eyebrow. “Oh really?”

“Yep,” I nod a matter of factly, hands on my hips. “I do.”

“You don’t mean that,” he pouts, stepping forward.

“What, me saying I hate you? Like I just did? Here, let me say that again. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate-”

But suddenly my tongue is no longer being used for words, but towards Alex in a deep lip lock. “Maybe you do,” he says in a husky voice when he finally pulls back. “But not enough to stay away from me.”

“Says you,” I can’t help but retort breathlessly, trying to save what’s left of my fleeing dignity and hardheadedness.

“Oh yeah?” Alex smirks, leaning his forehead down against mine. “Then why haven’t you left?”

“Cause… I was here first? So… you should leave,” I manage to muster, blinking as his eyes stare into mine. Just as it’s begun though, I find myself once again drowning in his chocolate brown eyes. My mind reminds me I’m supposed to be arguing, but my heart’s thudding so loudly with excited anticipation and I’m letting it win, at last.

“But you’re not pushing me away,” he smiles a little and I can’t help but notice as his eyes give a quick glance down to my lips.

My breath turns a little shallow as my pulse races wildly. “I don’t want to,” I manage to confess and my arms quickly wrap around Alex’s neck as my legs wrap around his waist, planting my lips again on his- where it seems they are meant to be.

Of course, who am I to deny that, really?

He chuckles as he wraps his arms around me, keeping me wrapped around him. “Good to know, doll. Good to know.” His lips form into something of a smirk at the size of his ego again inflating.

“I hate you,” I chuckle a little shyly, pausing to stare up at him. “And I love you to bits.”

“Yeah? Well I love you to smaller bits,” he smirks. “Now get your lips where they belong.” I wrinkle my nose but a smile helplessly falls on my lips. It’s no use hiding it, however, and I lean in for another long, delicious kiss.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this single chapter about.....jeeeez at least a year ago!!
EEEEP.
it's over! Two years gone, about, and this story has ended!
COMMENT!!!

although, I am a little curious of how they would handle their kids... I'm almost considering like two chapters, just to see how it all goes down in their future? hmmmmmmm...
whatever.

comment! its over! FINI

i could cry.....