Status: Complete

It Isn't Real If It's Just One Night

Chapter Three

Hanging up the last display shirt for The Maine, I grabbed an unopened water bottle and gulped half of its contents down.

“What’s up, girly?”

I turned around to see Eric Halvorsen approaching the merch tent.

“Hey, Halvo,” I waved as we took a seat on the folded out lawn chairs behind the merch table. “Have you, by any chance, seen my boyfriend around?” I asked taking another sip from my water bottle.

“I was just with him and Dirk on the bus.”

“Dirk?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Yeah, Dirk Mai, this chill photographer who's going to be touring with us for the entire tour.”

“I see.” Who the hell names their kid Dirk? I thought to myself.

“And you won’t believe who his girlfriend is.” Eric said sitting up more, eager to tell me who she is.

“Who?” I said not really caring.

“Guess.” He suggested me to take a hint.

“Mrs. Claus?” I said the first thing that came to mind.

“No, Demi Lovato.” He smirked proud of himself.

“Hm,” I thought. “No shit?”

“No shit.” He repeated. “And she’s here, touring with him.”

“Wait, wait, wait. Isn’t he on this tour?” Eric nodded his head. “So she’s here too, touring with Rocket?” I clarified.

“Yup,” he said popping the P.

“Interesting,” I stated.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It was getting closer to 5 pm, and I still hadn’t seen John anywhere. This was probably mostly due to the fact I’ve been sitting under the merch tent all day, selling and occasionally talking with Jennie from the next tent over as she sold A Rocket To The Moon merch. I sat on my lawn chair, counting what tips I had made today, debating if I should call him or not.

The sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see exactly who I needed to see.

“Where the hell have you been?” I asked putting away the money and getting up from my chair.

“Sorry, babe. I saw you talking with Jennie earlier and I didn’t want to interrupt, so I went and then found Halvo and we chilled for a bit. Then we had to do soundcheck. Were you here the entire time?” He question, walking around the table to stand next to me.

“Uh, yeah,” I rolled my eyes.

He laughed and sat on my chair, pulling me to sit on his lap. “We’re playing in half an hour, and I want you to come watch.” He smiled at me.

“Sure.” I smiled back. “I have to go see if Vito will cover for me, though.”

“Done, I asked him on my way here.” John smiled even wider. “He said he’ll be here in five minutes.”

“Loser,” I laughed and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

I turned my head; getting the feeling we were being watched. I saw a rather large, blonde girl wearing a Never Shout Never! shirt smile back at me. I smiled back, prying John’s long arms off from around my waist and stood up.

“Hey.” I smiled standing behind the table. “What can I do for ya?”

“Can I get the Can’t Stop Won’t Stop bracelets?” She asked nicely.

“Sure, $10.” I told her and rummaged through the box filled with the rubber bracelets.

“Hi, John,” I heard her say.

“Hey.” I then heard John get up to greet her.

I smirked to myself, thinking about just how lucky and grateful I am to have such an amazingly sweet boyfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“Was anybody here last year when we played Warped Tour?” John asked the crowd, receiving a few screams from the audience. “Couple of you guys? Cool. We’re gonna play a song, uh, off our record, this song is called ‘I Must Be Dreaming’, so if you guys know it; help me out. I’d love to see everybody moving around a little bit during this one.” The opening chord to the song started playing and a couple bodies started swaying. “That’s what I’m talking about.”

I watched in awe as my boyfriend and five of my best friends lived out their dreams, occasionally dancing a little and singing along. Finishing up their last song, I stood side stage eagerly waiting to compliment the boys. One by one I told them what an amazing job they did and in return got a few thank yous.

“Thanks, Jazmyn.” Kennedy said, side-hugging me.

I laughed. “No problem, Kenny.”

We talked more about their set and walked side by side to where the rest of the boys were backstage. I smiled at the sight of my boyfriend talking amongst two people I didn’t recognize from the back of the head and Garrett, I caught his attention and he returned the smile. I told Kennedy I’d talk to him later and left him to talk to Pat and Jared.

“Hey, Jazmyn,” Garrett greeted.

“Hey.” I told him. I grinned at John as he gave me a kiss on the forehead and draped his arm around my shoulders.

“Oh.” John exclaimed, seeming to remember something. “Jazmyn, this is Dirk and his girlfriend, Demi. Dirk, Demi, this is my girlfriend, Jazmyn.” John introduced the three of us.

“Hi.” I waved at the two as they smiled and waved back.

“Dirks’ a photographer, he’s going to take all the pictures of us for our book. They’re going to be sharing the bus with us.” John added.

I looked up at him confused. “Halvo told me they were sharing with Rocket?”

“Halvo lied.” Garrett laughed. “So, Demi,” he changed the subject. “Do you know anyone else on the tour besides us and Rocket?”

“Well I know Jac Vanek, but that’s about it. I’m totally up for meeting new people.” She smiled widely and I could see the gap between her two front teeth.

I don’t know what it was, but something about her I just didn’t like. I didn’t have a problem with her personally, because I just met her. Although, from what I’ve heard and seen about her; she wasn’t my favorite person in the world. But something told me to keep a close eye on her.

“I’m tired as fuck.” John removed his arm from around my shoulders, stretching his arms into the air. “We’re gonna head back to the bus.” He said speaking for both him and me.

“Alright, we’ll see ya, man.” Dirk said doing to the man handshake with John.

“Bye, guys.” I waved.

John and I walked hand in hand back to the bus in silence, a comfortable silence. It was times like these where my life would feel complete and easy. John unhooked his keys from his belt loop and opened the bus door, stepping aside to let me walk in first. He shut the door behind him and I immediately made my way through the empty bus to my duffle bag filled with clothes and pulled out the pajamas I’d wear for the night. I turned around holding onto my change of clothes, to see John leaning against the door frame, arms crossed, and a smirk across his face.

“What?” I asked him.

“Nothing,” he unfolded his arms and walked towards me. “I feel like I haven’t had time alone with you all day.” He placed both hands on either side of my face and kiss the tip of my nose.

I laughed a little as he let go of me. “Did you miss me?” I jokingly asked.

“Of course,” he replied as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.

I carefully removed my shoes, trying my best to keep balance as I switched from one foot to the other. I pulled off my shirt and bra; carelessly letting them drop to the floor. At this point in John and I’s relationship, we have already seen each other completely naked. Meaning we’ve already had sex. Not that sex with John was bad or anything, because believe me; it was far from that.

Before John and I started dating, he’s had a total of 2 girlfriends before me, whereas I had 3 boyfriends before John. From what I know and what he’s told me, he’d only gone as far as making out with them, and so had I with my boyfriends. Basically we were both virgins.

The first time we had sex, or so, made love, we were already a year and a half into our relationship. It was on a Sunday. At his house. On his bed. At midnight.

I finished changing and put away my dirty clothes, climbing into the bunk John and I shared. John stripped off his clothes, leaving himself only in boxers and climbed in after me. I cuddled more into John even with the ridiculous heat of late June and outlined his tattoo on his chest with my index finger.

“Aren’t you tired?” I asked remembering why we headed to the bus early.

“No.” He said nonchalantly.

“But you told Garrett and them you were tired as fuck.” I quoted him.

“I lied.” He began stroking my hair. “I needed an excuse to spend alone time with you.” He chuckled as he probably realized how ridiculous making an excuse to spend time with your girlfriend was.

“Weirdo,” I laughed along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment//Subscribe