Status: Complete.

Peepshow Ruffles

Chapter Sixteen

The thin fabric of Adele’s lace coat hardly covered her battered skin. She was lucky the coat matched the color of her blood; the soaking liquid only made the sheen darker and the dim lighting in the Rouge saved her from questions. However, her hair couldn’t cover her face as well as her coat could, and even her coat wasn’t long enough to cover her thighs. The tights she normally wore for concealment had been ripped to shreds with her encounter with her customer.

As she entered the Rouge, cold air stung her thighs and she paused, grimacing and attempted to regain her posture. She had to hurry, or she would be noticed, whether it be her wounds or her body, she couldn’t let anyone catch her off guard.

Although, she didn’t expect to see him. The poet, the artist she spent the night with. If only he was her only client, he only lover. His gentle hands caressing her skin. The way his mouth felt against hers. It sent ice cold shivers up her spine.

She froze as she locked eyes with him, his traveling down her form widening at the sight of lingered there. He opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by Toulouse.

Who did you sleep with, my friend?”

At the brief interruption Adele ran. She sprinted to her fitting room where she would be safe from his worried eyes. As she found a quiet spot, where there was no one to see her she removed her coat. Taking a sharp breath in she stared into the life-sized mirror before her.

The opened flesh that decorated her skin was worse than she expected. She didn’t know how to cover this. He had never lost control before; he had always managed to cut where no one would see. But…this, this would be seen.
♠ ♠ ♠
FAIL