Status: Completed awaiting sequel

Percy Jackson and a Forgotten Daughter

Chapter Three

I stood on the table that Zeus had placed me upon, I looked down at my feet as the eleven angry Olympians glared at me.

“What is your name little one?” Athena asked gently

“Axelia Calla, my lady” I answered twiddling my thumbs.

Zeus looked at me surprised “ Both ancient greek”

I nodded looking down at my feet, I gulped and stared at the words Camp Half-Blood printed on my hoodie twisting part of it in my hands.

“Your eyes are torn between black and white and yet they are not grey or silver” Poseidon stated.

“Fear and nerves, lord Poseidon” I replied not looking up.

My head was lifted up by a giant finger underneath my chin. I looked directly into the bright blue eyes of Zeus who was watching me curiously.

“You are afraid” he stated

“Yes” I breathed “But not of you, lord Zeus”

Everyone in the main hall gasped in surprise or horror. Zeus withdrew his finger from under my chin and changed to mortal size beside me, suddenly a lightning bolt appeared in his hand, making me jump.

“Who are you afraid of child?” Zeus asked

“That presence that drew me near the forest” I admitted “Your anger scares me but not you”

Zeus smirked and made his bolt disappear, he moved slowly towards me so I watched him cautiously as he stood in front of me.

He placed his hand on my cheek and closed his eyes, I suddenly saw flashes of images in my head all from my life growing up. That also included a vague outline of my mother as she left me crying on the border of Camp Half-Blood.

I gasped as he withdrew his hand “You are indeed telling the truth about the forest young one, you are an orphan?”

I nodded slowly “Mr D and Chiron raised me”

Zeus looked at me sadly “That presence?”

“I was trying to catch up with Mr D then felt a calling drawing me near the forest, when I saw it I wanted to enter it” I told him quietly.

“She has a strong and weird connection to nature father” Dionysus called up to his father

Poseidon’s hand then went down on the table. His giant palm was face up, I looked up at him and he nodded at his hand motioning for me to climb onto it.

I climbed onto his hand and was transported down to the other campers, Mr D pulled me to his side and placed his arm around my upper arm protectively.

“Dionysus I suggest that you escort your charges to the other hall so that they may set up their sleeping bags” Zeus told his son “Hades will be arriving soon for the solstice”

Dionysus nodded and pulled me with him to the empty hall next door to the throne room where all the campers scattered around setting up their areas. Many of them moved into groups of their families others joined their friends.

Mr D steered me to a corner near the doors of the hall so that I was basically on my own with my two best friends. He took my bag from my shoulder and placed it on the floor.

“You okay Lia?” he asked me with his hand on my cheek.

I nodded reassuringly, I tried to smile but instead I yawned as the nights of restlessness caught up with me.

“Try to sleep little one” he whispered lightly as he kissed the top of my head.

I knelt down on the floor as he left and started to withdraw my sleeping bag, when I looked up I noticed that all of the other campers were staring at me.

“What?” I demanded angrily

Everyone went back to what they were doing quickly as to not anger me any further. Luke and Anna had claimed the spaces closest to me (even though they’d be free anyway). I sat down on my sleeping bag as they watched me carefully.

“You okay?” Luke asked softly

I nodded then laid down to try and get some sleep, luckily I was asleep within minutes, however unluckily the presence called to me constantly causing me to wake suddenly.

I looked around me confused, it was dark and everyone was asleep, which meant that I had missed the solstice. I shuddered as I felt the forests continuous call, so I got up placing my converse and hoodie on then I quietly left the main building and followed the call.

“You’re not supposed to be here” A males voice reprimanded

I spun around quickly, it wasn’t Zeus or Poseidon but Hades, lord of the underworld.

“Um…I…I…” I stuttered and stammered then I gave in, there was no excuse that I could give.

Hades surprisingly chuckled slightly “I know you are drawn here”

Suddenly Zeus appeared beside me making me jump in surprise, he placed his hand on my shoulder to calm me and probably to stop me from running away.

“You are lucky brother” Zeus informed Hades who raised his eyebrows in confusion “ When I shocked her here earlier she broke my nose”

Hades cracked a huge grin as he heard that then looked at me impressed “Really?, you broke the lord of the sky’s nose, huh?”

I nodded as I yawned and rubbed my eyes tiredly, both gods looked at me thoughtfully then at each other.

“You must return to your bed Axelia” Zeus ordered lightly

I shook my head, I’d slept longer than I normally did and I hated being told what to do by people I’d just met.

Zeus suddenly lifted me from the ground and carried me protesting all the way back to the main building, much to the amusement of his brother who trailed behind us smirking like an evil mastermind.

I was then placed on to my feet outside the hall in which all the other campers were asleep. Zeus nudged me forward so I scowled at him but went into the hall anyway where I was met by an angry Luke.

“Where have you been?” he hissed

“nowhere” I yawned sleepily.

He sighed softly and took a hold of my hand, he lightly pulled me to his sleeping bag next to mine and then climbed in.

“Lia, I know you’re having nightmares” He whispered softly

I looked at Anna who was out cold beside me then gave in and climbed into Luke’s sleeping bag and cuddled into him feeling safe in my big brothers arms.

Luke has always been like a big brother to me ever since we met. He looked out for me and Annabeth, he taught me how to fight mortal style and he always tried his hardest to keep me and Anna safe.

“Close your eyes and sleep little sister” he whispered

I sighed and did as he said and in minutes sleep once again claimed me.