Status: Completed awaiting sequel

Percy Jackson and a Forgotten Daughter

Chapter Seven

I sighed walking through the camp, people glared at me as I carried on walking. I knew why they hated me even more at this very moment, it was because it had been a few days since we returned from YANCY academy and only yesterday had I changed my hair colour back so the campers hated me for fooling them.

Percy at the moment was still unconscious in the infirmary which I wouldn’t actually enter so at this moment I was heading to the Big House where Chiron and Mr D were playing a game of cards which I forget the name of all the time even though I grew up playing it.

“Hey Lia want to play?” Mr D asked me as he saw me arrive.

“Nope I’ll let you old men play” I told them grinning

Mr D glared lightly at me and I watched slightly amused as he started to send vines over to me to tie me up. I lazily flicked my hand and made the vines backfire on Mr D as they wrapped around his ankles.

“You win Lia” he told me so I released him then sat on the porch railing.

Annabeth joined not long later then I watched happily as Percy and Grover made their way
over to the Big House. I grinned.

“Look who it is, the hero and the sidekick” I laughed lightly

Percy stared up at me shocked, Grover glared sulkily and Dionysus just rolled his eyes.

“Which one’s which?” Dionysus pouted

“Shut up Lia” Grover told me as he sat at the table while Mr D dealt him a hand.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them, then jumped down from the porch and threw my arms around Percy who returned the hug; he was still shocked when he let me go so I smiled reassuringly.

“Percy as you can see, Mr Brunner is here as am I” I told him carefully “However Mr Brunner is just a fake identity his real name is Chiron and he is a centaur”

Percy stared at me like I was suddenly insane so Chiron got up out of his wheelchair to produce his whole centaur body causing Percy to blink and rub his eyes.

I chuckled lightly, “My name is actually Axelia but you must call me Lia unless you want to be unconscious again”

Anna and Grover chuckled at me probably remembering the numerous campers that ended up in the infirmary because they decided to be stupid and arrogant calling me by my full name.

“Axelia” Mr D warned “try not to scare the precious demi-god”

Mr D was starting to become moody and sarcastic with everyone because he really missed his wine. I rolled my eyes at my surrogate uncle and turned to Percy who was still confused as ever.

“Ignore Dionysus, he’s just moody because Zeus has taken his wine again” I told Percy

The sky suddenly erupted with thunder causing me to once again become annoyed; I glared up at the sky angrily.

“Oh shut up you stupid-“I started

“Axelia Calla” Dionysus warned

I looked up at my guardians who glared down at me with disapproval visible in their eyes.

“He started it” I pouted childishly, then I turned to Percy “Come on Percy I’ll show you the camp”

I took his hand and pulled him away from the Big House; he reached my pace and stayed by my side except he hadn’t released my hand.

“That was the Big House then, and outside of there was Annabeth who is a daughter of
Athena the goddess of war and wisdom, and Dionysus the wine god although we must call him Mr D” I started to tell Percy until we were intercepted by a small group of campers.

“Hey you must be new,” The main boy –Oliver- said to Percy

“Why do you say that?” Percy asked as I stood my ground tensing up slightly.

“Well you are hanging out with the freak of the camp” Oliver laughed and was soon joined by his friends.

Percy looked at me with his eyebrows raised, he noticed that my eyes had changed colour but then he turned to the small group of campers.

“If you must know, yes I am new but the so called freak that you are referring to is a lot less freakier than you lot plus she is one of my best friends” Percy told the boys.

I smiled in return and squeezed Percy’s hand slightly which he returned in reassurance, the boys glared at Percy and then at me but they left anyway.

“Thanks Percy, but I believe you just made rivals “I told him

Percy shrugged in return, “Why’d they think that then?”

I sighed “I grew up here, my hair is naturally this green and my eyes change colour with my emotions. I am the only camper that Mr D likes and I am very different since I haven’t been claimed yet”

Percy nodded slightly in understanding then followed me around the camp as I explained about the lessons that take place in the arena, the certain Greek numbers that symbolise each cabin and God. I explained the activities of the camp and the cafeteria area where we all ate our food in our associated tables. Then I explained to him about my basic life in the camp which seemed to really fascinate him.

“What about the shouting at the sky?”He asked me curiously

I snorted in reply “I kind of have an anger issue when it comes to the lord of the sky; he treats me like a child and thinks he can control me”

“That’s understandable” Percy concluded

I smiled at him in return but my smiled disappeared as I noticed Clarisse a daughter of Ares making her way over to us.

“What do you want Clarisse?” I asked her impatiently, she glared at me slightly and then turned to Percy; she looked him up and down and smiled a sickening smile.

She grabbed a hold of his top and started pulling him towards the girl’s bathroom cabin, I chased after the two of them but as I entered the cabin two other daughters of Ares had grabbed me to stop me from helping my friend out.

“You see this is an initiation so to speak” Clarisse was telling Percy but as she fought to push his head into the toilet the pipe burst.

The girls screamed as they started to get soaked from the water, I stood there watching in awe while getting soaked as Percy stood up slightly shaken. I took his hand and pulled him out of the cabin and over to the Hermes cabin where I was stopped by Luke and the Stoll brothers.

“Lia what happened?” Luke asked looking me over for injuries.

“Clarisse decided to dunk Percy’s head into the toilet, but the pipes burst soaking the two girls holding me back, Clarisse, Percy and myself” I explained “ But I’m fine”

Luke furrowed his eyebrows not believing my story until he saw that Percy was pale and also soaked.

“Go get changed, we’ll look after Percy we’ll see you at dinner”

I nodded and smiled at Percy who gave my hand one last squeeze before letting me go, I turned and ran into the forest into my cabin to find Shensi one of the pregnant wolves in labour in the middle of my cabin.

“Easy Shensi” I soothed as I moved closer to her to help her deliver her cubs.

As her labour came to an end I had held five cubs in my arms, two females and three males, the smallest of which curled up on my lap and stayed with me as his siblings fed from their mother.

I smiled at them then placed the small cub by his siblings, got dressed then disappeared to have food myself.