Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Don’t Touch Them

Gabriel’s POV

When Gwendolyn, Aiden and I got home from school I went up to my room and sat looking out towards Mikey’s house. I could tell something bad was going to happen, I could feel so much hate and anger coming from their house. Thanks to my gift I can feel other people’s emotions, sometimes it’s annoying because I don’t know why they’re feeling that and other times it’s helpful. I’ve known I’ve had this gift from about the time Gwendolyn was turned which was about 120 years ago, wow I didn’t think it was that long ago and to think I’m 159 years old, my god am I old then again Aiden’s older she’s nearly 200. It was about 5 minutes after we got home that Gerard’s car pulled into the drive I could tell Gerard was apprehensive about going inside and Mikey was a bit frightened. I hated not being able to see what was happening inside, I could tell by their emotions that Mikey was upstairs because I could feel his guilt, probably for leaving Gerard down there but Gerard wanted to be down there. Gerard was being protective of Mikey he was always being protective of Mikey, I could always feel it it was a great feeling.

It was only two minutes after they got home that I could feel fury and anger fill the house. From where I was sitting I could hear their voices but then again I did have extra-extra sensitive vampire hearing so it wasn’t hard. Gerard and his father were having an argument; Gerard was abnormally calm whereas his father was very angry. I didn’t expect his father to hit him, his emotions didn’t give anything away but I could tell he was intoxicated so that was probably it. Straight after that all I could feel was pain and then there was another emotion, Mikey. Mikey was terrified but he also wanted to save his brother, I knew now that I had to do something. I ran downstairs and to Aiden as fast as I could, which took two seconds maybe three. Aiden was already standing at the front door looking up the stairs, probably waiting for me. I stood at the bottom of the stairs looking at her, her face like always didn’t show any emotion and neither did she really. She was the hardest person I have ever met to read but since I have spent most of my life with her I knew what we were doing and it was exactly what I wanted.

We had to walk at a normal human speed because there was a couple taking a walk past our house. When we got to Gerard’s and Mikey’s front door I couldn’t just feel Gerard’s pain but also Mikey’s and that I knew was bad. I opened the door and Aiden and I flew in as fast as we could, the house was completely closed off, Mikey was lying on the floor just near the stairs, he was knocked unconscious. Gerard was leaning against the kitchen wall in pain while still trying to protect Mikey and their father, well he was standing near Mikey feeling proud of himself.

“Don’t touch either of them,” I growled and bared my teeth at their father, growling for us was like shouting for humans except growling had more of an effect.

“And who are you pretty boy?” he asked in reply, he was too intoxicated to be scared of me which meant he was going to be difficult

“A friend” I said forcibly, I thought since growling didn’t work I’d try a different tactic

“Well if you excuse me pretty boy I need some time alone with my sons” he replied and grinned at Gerard and the unconscious Mikey who Aiden had in her arms ready to run him upstairs.

“Leave him alone!” their father yelled at Aiden and then tried to kick her, she wasn’t frightened he couldn’t hurt her if he tried with all his might but just the fact that he wanted to conflict pain upon her made me angry.

“Do not ever try and hurt my sister” I warned him and then moved closer so that there was only a meter between us at most. While I distracted their father Aiden took Mikey up to his room and then came back down.

“I’ll do what ever I god dam want, this is my house pretty boy” he spat at me and then tried to punch me, I was going to stop him but Aiden was quicker; she always was.

“Do not lay a finger on him or you won’t have any fingers left, that goes for Gerard and Mikey as well, you hear?” Aiden growled protectively into his ear, I could feel the anger swell up inside her it was about 10 times worse than when she argued with Gwendolyn which was a weekly affair.

“What ever you do don’t hurt me” their father said so frightened it was amusing, once Aiden released him he ran out the door I followed at a normal human pace so I didn’t daze Gerard too much who was watching though I think we have some explaining to do anyway.

I grabbed the keys off their father rather easily and then told him to walk it off he didn’t even try fighting back he just swayed down the path and away from the house. When I turned around Aiden was standing in front of me, I couldn’t feel any emotions from the house, which frightened me a little.

“What happened?” I asked her concerned; she had the same look on her face from the day with Gerard in the car park

“Gerard” is all she said, he was bleeding again and I think he might he passed out too. Aiden is okay around people but if there’s blood out in the open her mind gets a little cloudy and she has to get away from it. She’s probably the worst around blood I think it was because of the fact she lived off of it for 50 years.

“He’s past out maybe we should move him away from the blood” I said she nodded and then disappeared into the house again, I went up to Mikey’s room to see if he was okay.