Touched by Angels, Though I Fall out of Grace

Hello Sleepy Head

Mikey’s POV

I woke up in my bed my head felt like it was about to split open and leave my brain to fend for itself. I lay there for a second wondering why my head felt so sore, then I remembered looking my dad in the eyes and feeling so much fear, that was right before I felt his fist collide with my head then the room fell and that was it. Now all I could think about was Gerard, was he okay? What happened? And why was I in my bed?

“Mikey” I heard the voice of an angel. I opened my eyes to see Gabriel sitting on the edge of my bed, I didn’t feel him move once he was like stone.

“Hey” I replied smiling up at him despite my aching head. He smiled back at me the smile I had come to like so much, maybe even love. No it can’t be love, no that’s silly I haven’t known him for that long, no not love maybe an immense amount of like? He lifted his hand to my head and then traced his fingers down my temple and then along my jaw line. His fingers were so cold it almost felt as if he was putting ice on my face, but it was nice I really liked it. There were many things going through my mind at that point that I was glad he couldn’t hear or see.
He laughed as his hand reached my neck and rested there on my pulse. I looked up at him there was a different smile on his face this time, an all knowing smile yet there was something else in it too. I looked up at him puzzled.

“How are you feeling?” he asked me his hand now on my heart

“My head hurts but I’m okay other than that,” I replied trying to sit up but he stopped me with little effort, I didn’t struggle I just layback down again.

“Gerard’s fine, we sent your father away and I carried you up here” he answered all the questions buzzing through my head, I was relieved with the first two answers but I couldn’t believe the last.

“You carried me up here?” I asked unable to believed he could carry me all the way up the stairs. He laughed again

“Yes, is it so hard that to believe that I could carry you?” he asked with a small laugh in his voice. I looked him over, his arms were nicely toned and pretty lean but he didn’t look like he had enough muscles to carry me up the stairs.

“Well yeah” I replied truthfully he laughed and then stood up

“Fine then, do you want me to get you painkillers or something?” he asked, I thought for a second he was going to pick me up just to prove his point

“Hell yes” I replied a little to loudly for my own liking. He shook his head and then walked out of my room. I closed my eyes for what I thought was only a second but by the time I opened them again Gabriel was back with a glass of water and two painkillers.

“Gabriel” I heard someone call, it was Aiden she was also here.

“I’ll be right back,” he told me as he placed the water and painkillers on my bedside table and then stepped out of my room again.

I lay there for a second listening but I couldn’t hear anything. After a few minutes the pain in my head became too much that I had to take the painkillers. I sat up and then I felt a whole new pain, the whole of my right side hurt as well, something must have happened when I passed out either that or it was from when I passed out.

“What are you doing?” Gabriel questioned, he was standing in my door looking more stunning than normal if that was possible. Every time I saw him my mind went blank and all I could think about was how beautiful he was, how perfect he was and there was some other things that I was again glad that he couldn’t hear or see.

“Mikey” he laughed and shook his head like he could feel what I was or knew what I was thinking, either that or he thought I was being stupid trying to take the pills myself. I think it was the later because he came and sat behind me leaning me against his chest. He passed me the painkillers and held the water to my lips, I swallowed them and then leaned my head against his shoulder. His whole body was so cold and hard but yet it felt so comfortable and relaxing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, he smelt so sweet like jasmine and sweet pea.

I sat there in his arms that were now wrapped around my waist. My pain was dwelling or maybe it was just the fact that I wasn’t moving but I was feeling better. My eyes began to feel heavy, I tried to keep them open so I could remember this moment longer but I couldn’t and sleep took me.
This time when I woke up I didn’t have a horrible pain in my head but I did have a pair or arms wrapped around my waist that I’ve always dreamt about. I still had my eyes closed so that when I woke up he couldn’t move away, if I had the option I would spend my whole life in his arms but it wasn’t like that was going to happen. Gabriel could never like me like that, for one thing I’m a guy and I don’t think he’s that way inclined if you know what I mean. Frank is the only one that knows I’m bisexual though it’s not like it’s that big of a deal, I think Gerard could guess that I was, we’re all bi so it doesn’t matter.
After a minute I realised that there was a kind of humming sound coming from behind me and in front of me, I don’t know if it was in my head or actually around me. I finally opened my eyes to see Aiden standing in front of me looking slightly worried, when she saw that my eyes were open her face became blank like normal.

“Good evening Mikey” she said to me then looked above my head at her brother. I went to look out my window but realised the curtains were all closed

“How did you sleep?” Gabriel asked from behind me

“Good” I replied rubbing my eyes, I hadn’t slept that well in so long that I couldn’t remember

“Glad to hear it. Gerard still isn’t awake yet” he replied, I had forgotten all about Gerard. Gerard must have been hit hard to not wake up yet; I wonder why they haven’t taken him to the hospital.

“He’s fine nothing to worry about, his brain just needed a rest” Aiden explained analysing me, why was it that both her and Gabriel seemed to do that it made me feel kind of naked.

“Okay” I replied, I was beginning to feel awkward, Aiden was standing there staring at me in her brother’s arms while no one said anything then my stomach rumbled, one word for that – embarrassing.

Gabriel laughed and then pushed me forward gently

“I think you should have dinner” he said his arms still around my waist

“I think I should too” I said looking at the ground I could feel my face was red

“Let’s so downstairs” he said taking his arms away from around my waist and standing up, I felt a twinge of sadness, how often would I be able to sit in the embrace of his arms? Or sleep in his arms? I wanted it so much and when he pulled away from me, I wondered when the next chance that would ever happen again. I sat on the edge of the bed to see if there was any pain, there was still a slight pain in the right side of my body but nothing much

“Do you want me to carry you down there?” he asked me, I laughed a little remembering him telling me that he carried me up here

“No I don’t want to be dropped thanks” I grinned at him and then stood up, I thought I was fine but when I stood up I had to hold onto the bedside table to stand up properly

“Well since you won’t let me carry you at least let me help you,” he said as he stood on my left side and then wrapped his arm around my waist, my heart skipped a beat and then I felt pathetic. Why did my heart have to skip a beat? It was already beating at triple the normal rate although I didn’t notice it until now.

“Come on Mikey” Gabriel said pulling me out of my thoughts, we walked down the hall and then down the stairs, half the time I don’t think I touched the ground but that couldn’t be possible, could it?

When we got to the kitchen there was nothing to eat in the cupboards or fridge, Gabriel just sat at the breakfast bar watching me, he said he wasn’t hungry and he couldn’t cook anyway. I decided instead to call for pizza even though it was 11:30, they would still deliver and anyway Gerard would be hungry too when he finally wakes up. For the whole time I was in the kitchen I could feel Gabriel’s eyes watching me and when I looked at him he would just smile like it was a normal thing to do. It would have been creepy if I didn’t like it so much. When the pizza came we sat at the table while I ate, again he just sat there and watched me it was making me feel self-conscious.

“Sorry” he apologized and then looked down at the table now. I was confused it was like he did know what I was thinking

“Um… what are you sorry for?” I asked, maybe I just looked really uncomfortable; yeah I’m sure that was it. He didn’t reply though he just looked up at me smiling innocently it was so cute; at that point it was time for me to look down at the table.

“Gerard’s awake,” Aiden, said from the foot of the stairs, I didn’t even hear her coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry belated Christmas and a Happy New Year