Pixie Dust

Six

Bobby woke to the sound of shuffling and the smell of over powering flora. It was still dark out; the light from the fading moon illuminating the room, but just barely as he slowly reached for his gun and rose from his spot in bed. Moving quickly, he was across the room to the shadowed figure and holding the gun aimed at their head.

“Don’t move.” He pulled the hammer back, the smooth click causing the person to freeze. “You picked the wrong room to break into boy.”

“Who are you calling boy.” The figure turned, her bright eyes glowing in amusement.

“Who are you and what are you doing in here?” Bobby held the gun steady and glowered.

“I thought Dean might need some help, some of these are difficult to find and when they are found they put up quiet the struggle to be picked. He’ll need them, so I brought them here for him. Would you please lower your weapon?”

“Answer my question.”

“I did.”

“What are you and how’d you get past the salt?” Bobby grumbled, jabbing the gun in the air as if to punctuate.

“Very quick.” Her lips curled as the facade melted away and left the Fae Queen standing before him, her eyes pink and amused. “Hello Bobby Singer; hunter. Would you kindly lower your gun?”

“If you answer my damn question. And where’s Dean?”

“Out searching for his flowers I hope.” She turned, her fingers playing with the petals of a Magenta Zinnia. “I am Fae Queen, by the way. But you may call me Mother.”

“Fae Queen?” Bobby’s eyes grew wide as slowly he lowered the gun. “You mean you’re real?”

“Of course.”

“I thought you were just a myth. I can’t find any lore on you. Well, I can but it’s all so vague.” Bobby tucked his weapon into the hem of his pants and moved for the light. Flicking it on, he turned and studied the Queen with curious, but wary eyes.

“The lore on your God is vague but you humans still cling to his existence. You need not worry Mr. Singer; I’m not here to harm you. Like I said, these are for Dean.” She waved her arm over the expanse of flowers and smiled.

“What are these for again?”

“They will help Dean. He will need great support.”

“Tell me about it.” Bobby rolled his eyes and moved to the kitchen. “Do you drink beer?”

“No. But thank you. You should try tea, Mr. Singer. It will help you sleep.”

“I sleep fine, and please, just Bobby.”

“Your body would not weep were it well rested.” She touched a finger to her nose and smiled. “You would know Dean well?”

“Yeah, like a son. Why?” Bobby filled the kettle and switched it on for coffee.

“The same would be for Sam?”

“Where are you going with this?” Bobby asked with a skeptical frown.

“If you knew one was in trouble without the other, would you do all you could to,” she paused and thought it over, her eyebrows pinching in the middle before she messed her fingers together and looked up at Bobby. “You would bring them together to save them?”

“What do you mean? Is Dean in serious trouble? You put the curse on him, if you’re worried, why don’t you just take it off?”

“I can not. Once a chance has been given, it can not be ungiven. Dean sought to kill me; I simply stopped him and gave him reason not to wish me dead. If he knew my way, he would not seek my death again. I would not have to end him for all, you see?”

“What’s this got to do with Sam?” Bobby held up a mug and nodded to which the Queen politely declined.

“Sam is key.” She perched herself on the end of Dean’s bed and crossed her legs like a child would when sitting on the floor. “Dean does not understand the severity of his choices.”

“And you would?”

“I put him on this path, did I not?” To this Bobby simply nodded.

“What do you want me to do?” Bobby filled his cup with boiled water and moved for the table where he sat and cleared his throat.

“Bring Sam to Dean.” The Queen stood; her eyes bright but aimed for the door.

“What do you mean? Dean doesn’t want Sam to know.”

“Sam knows already.”

“How?”

“He feels. The love they share is most precious bond. A flower will not bloom without the sun.”

“What’s Dean and Sam got to do with photosynthesis?”

“Dean can not grow without Sam.” Bobby frowned and turned to take a mouthful of his coffee, thinking it over.

“So Sam’s the key to helping Dean out of this?” But when he turned to face the bed, the Queen was gone. Staring for a moment in shock, Bobby cleared his throat and quickly found his phone before dialing his home number and waiting. After several rings, Bobby was about ready to hang up when a tired voice answered with a weak ‘hello’. “Sam?”

“Bobby? Where are you? Are you okay? Have you heard from Dean? Is he okay?”

“Calm down boy.” Bobby scratched his chin through his beard and sighed. “It’s Dean.”

“Bobby what’s wrong? Where are you? What’s wrong with Dean? Is he hurt?”

“I’ll tell you when you get here. Don’t try calling Dean, he won’t answer. Just get here as soon as possible.” Bobby rattled off the address and room number.

”Tell me at least something!”

“Dean had a run in with the Queen of the Fae.”

“How the hell did he do that? She’s illustrious for being veiled.”

“You know about her?” Bobby asked with slight irritation.

”Well sure, I have a lot of spare time now Bobby. Plus, I’ve been having these dreams.”

“I thought those were over?” Bobby panicked.

”No, not that kind. I keep seeing this small woman and she keeps telling me Dean needs me. Maybe I’m finally going crazy. Dean doesn’t need me for anything.”

“She have pink eyes?” Bobby sighed at the saddened tone in Sam’s voice.

”Yeah, how’d you know?”

“She just paid me a visit. Get here as soon as possible Sam, I think Dean really does need you. And bring what ever it was you were reading that gave you such insight about this Fae Queen.”

”Alright, I’ll leave now, I’ll be there in a few hours. And ah, Bobby,”

“Yeah?”

”Has Dean said anything? You know, about me?”

“He misses you kid. Just hurry, some thing’s going down and I don’t think its going to wait for you.” When Sam agreed and hung up, Bobby clicked his phone shut and pressed it to his forehead, his eyes closing as he sighed gruffly.