What A Girl.

She Said, "What?" And I Told Her That I Didn't Know.

I heard a sigh.

“Landon, could you puh-lease get your feet off of my dashboard? I mean, isn’t it enough that you’re making me take you to this stupid show? Do you really have to destroy my vehicle, also?”

Jessi’s shrill, annoyed voice threatened to pierce through my eardrums. My eyelids fluttered open, and I grinned widely at my best friend. She worked hard not to smile back, but I could see a slight twinkle in her pale green eyes. Her lips twisted in a smirk, and she shook her curly brown hair from her face. “You are too cute for your own good, Landon. Wipe that grin off your face, I’m not at all impressed with you.” She shook her head, muttering under her breath. “Making me go see Blink-182. What the heck is wrong with you?”

“Yeah, well, I’m impressed enough in me for the two of us. So you’re good to go, no worries.” I smiled when she laughed sarcastically at me, and I reached up to turn the rearview mirror to face me. Ocean blue eyes stared back at me, surrounded by wild brown hair. I ran a hand through it. “Are you telling me that you’re not even a little excited?” A smirk crossed my face in response to the expression she made when she realized I'd moved her mirror.

“No sir!” she scolded, and adjusted it back to normal. She slapped my hand away when I tried to turn it back. I smiled. Her car whipped easily into a parking spot, and she got out of the car. Waiting for me, she shook her head. “And no, not really. You’re the Blink-182 freak. I’m just the loving best friend with the car.” She rolled her eyes at my smirk, and muttered under her breath, “And way too high of a tolerance level...”

“Hey, now! I heard that, ma’am.”

“And who’s to say you weren’t supposed to? C’mon, we need to go. You’d think you’d be in more of a hurry, Landon.” With a hand on her hip, she gestured me to follow. I shook my head and complied.

After we had gotten through security and into the theater, I had to look around. Surrounding us were anxious, fidgeting people waiting for the concert to start. Jessi was standing next to me in the pit, looking bored as could be. She tried to say something, but it was too loud to hear. My eyes roamed around the room, taking in the interesting attire of some of the people there. It was as if they thought they were going to impress the band.

And that was when I saw her.

Our eyes met, and I knew that I was going to have to talk to her before the night was over. Her grey eyes glittered at me, and her smirk dared me to strike up a conversation. My gaze fell to Jessi, and she grinned and motioned me towards her. “Go make a friend,” she mouthed suggestively.

Slowly, I walked in the mystery girl’s direction. As I weaved through the crowd, her grey eyes never left me once. Her voice was like silk when she greeted me, and her soft lips brushed against my ear as she got close enough to my face for me to hear her. “Well hey there, pretty boy. And your name is...?” Her small hand rested on my bicep.

A smirk flicked across my face as I got just as close to her. “Pretty, eh? My name is Landon. And yourself?”

Her eyes widened a little. “Your name is Landon?” The question almost sounded like disbelief, but she didn’t look like she needed reassurance. Even so, I nodded slowly. “I love that name. I’m Ella. Who’s your friend?” She motioned towards Jessi.

I looked over, and Jessi was staring with a knowing half-smile on her face. I shook my head. “Oh, her? She’s Jessi. Just a friend. We’ve known each other since we were in diapers.”

Ella cocked a delicate eyebrow. “Oh, hmm. Touching... Hey, listen. If I told you that I had two backstage passes and just as many tickets to get into an after party held by Blink-182 themselves, you think that you could get rid of her?”

My eyes threatened to fall out of their sockets. “Are you... are you serious?”

She nodded with a smirk. “Completely. But I mean, if it’s a problem... I could always find someone else to offer this to. I just figured: you’re cute, and she looks like she’d rather be chewing off her own arm. But...”

“No, no! It’s not at all a problem. I'll just text her. I’m actually sure she’ll be glad to go.” I pulled out my phone, and quickly pulled up Jessi’s number.

‘Jess... She just told me she could get me not only backstage, but into a party. But only me... do you mind?’

I stared at her until she opened it, and laughed when her jaw visibly dropped. She looked at me with a huge grin and a thumbs up.

‘No prob, Lan. Just text me whenever. As long as I get all the details.’
I grinned at the message. ‘Deal.’

Ella cocked her head when I looked up at her with a smirk. “So, you good?” I nodded, and she grinned deviously. “Excellent. Follow me.”

She grabbed my hand, dragging me towards the security guards at the gate. She flashed them the passes, and they pointed us in the right direction. Moments later, I was standing face to face with Travis, Mark and Tom. Travis cocked and eyebrow with a smirk, looking us up and down. “And you two would be...?”

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. Ella laughed, and shook her head. “He’s Landon. And I’m Ella. It’s nice to meet you guys.”

It was like a dream. Gorgeous girl, backstage passes to my favorite band. And now we were sitting in the same room with them. And Ella couldn’t keep her hands off me... At first, it started out small. She trailed her fingernails up and down my arm. She doodled on the inside of my wrist. She wrote me a message on it, too, but she wouldn’t let me read it. But she gradually became more brave with her hands.

I shook my head, trying to clear it, as it registered in my brain that Mark had asked me a question. “Sorry... What?" Ella’s hands were a bit distracting.

He smirked, his eyes following the hand she was trailing up and down my chest and abs. “I said, are ya’ll coming to the party after this?”

I nodded. Just then, a man walked into the room. “Guys? It’s time to start.” He looked at Ella and I. “If you guys want to come with me, I'll show you where you can stand.”

We followed, and he led us to the very edge of the side of the stage. Any closer, and we would have been on it. The entire time, I felt like I was in a daze. Ella’s soft hand ran up and down my bicep, through my hair, down my chest. Anywhere that she could reach. Every time our eyes met, she smirked, daring me to return her touches. I slipped my hand around her waist, and pulled her to my side. My hand drifted slowly down to rest on her butt. She reached up and lightly grazed my earlobe with her teeth.

It was all I could do not to make an audible noise as I felt my knees almost give out. Her breath was hot on my neck as she whispered in my ear, “You think you're enjoying yourself now? Just wait until the after party...”

After the concert was over, Mark, Tom and Travis came walking off stage towards us. Tom smirked at how close we were standing, and when his eyes fell to where my hand was resting, his smirk grew. “You guys ready to party?” We nodded, and he laughed slightly. “Eeexcellent. Follow us.”

Ella laced her fingers through mine, pulling me after the band. We all piled into a limo, and ended up at the biggest house I had ever seen in my life. My jaw dropped as I looked at it. The house had to be at least three stories, and it was as wide as a small school. It very well could have been a small school. It was surrounded by trees, in the middle of the country. People were bustling in and out, holding unknown beverages in plastic cups.

A small laugh pushed from Ella’s lips, her eyebrow cocked. Her fingertips pushed my jaw closed gently as she nudged me out of the car. “Try not to drool too much, pretty boy. Act like you’ve been somewhere.” She smirked, lacing her fingers through mine again. “Now, are you ready to party?”

I nodded numbly, still not believing any of this could truly be happening. I followed her inside and upstairs. She pushed through crowds of people like she knew exactly where she was going, and we ended up in a dark bedroom.

Before I could take a breath, she had me pinned against a wall. Her face hovered an inch from mine, and I could feel her sweet-smelling breath on the hollow of my throat. “Are you sure you’re ready for this, pretty boy?” She murmured seductively.

I took a deep, shaky breath and smirked. Before she could react, I wrapped my hands around her waist and turned so that she was pinned against the wall. I leaned forward, my lips brushing hers. “I was born ready.”

She broke the small distance left between our mouths, and our lips met. Her teeth grazed my lower lip, and her hand tangled into my hair. Then, she pulled back. “Just one thing, though.” I cocked an eyebrow in question, and she grinned deviously. In the blink of an eye, she had me shoved spread-eagle onto the bed. She straddled my hips. “I like to be in control.”

I smirked. “Sweeeet.”

***

“Landon. Landon!” A hand shook me awake, more violently than I would have liked. The voice was very familiar. “Landon, if you do not get up right this instant, I’m not taking you to this concert.”

Blearily I opened my eyes, and Jessi was hovering above my face. “Concert...?”

She looked at me like she thought I was a special kid. “Yeeees, concert. Blink-182? The one you begged and begged me to take you to? But if you don’t want me to now, I guess I can go...”

I shook my head, trying to clear it. That hadn’t been real? Could that really have been a dream? My gaze drifted towards my clock, and it was on Jessi’s side. I guess I really had dreamt the whole thing up. What a shame... “Oh yeah. I remember now!”

“Good, thanks. Now get ready. Oh,” Jessi paused on her way out, her eyes lighting up in remembrance. “Some girl named Ella told me to tell you to look for her? I really don’t know who this girl is. You ought to tell me about girls in your life, Landon. But whatever, I see how you wanna be. Hurry up. I'm tired of waiting on you.” And with that, she closed the door behind her.

“What the...?” My gaze drifted to the inside of my left wrist, and there was a message for me, with doodles surrounding it. You should give me a call sometime, pretty boy. We could have some real fun. I smirked. “I think I might be in love.”

I fell in love with a girl at a rock show.