Forbidden

Chapter Ten: Jealousy

Hogsmeade. And only one person could sign my permission slip that didn’t have the last name Dursley. The one person I was trying to avoid. I knocked on his office door, sighing.
“Come in,” He called, a sad note in his voice. Curious, I walked in. He looked up and before I could move an inch he was hugging me tightly.
“Remus? Dad, what’s wrong?” I murmured, rubbing his back as I felt tears fall on my head.
“I thought you hated me.”
“Oh, Remus, I could never hate you. Why would you think such a silly thing?”
“You’ve been avoiding me.” I sighed.
“Yes. Look, can’t you just forget about what I said in the hospital wing?”
“Is that why? You didn’t want me asking about it?”
“Yeah, that’s exactly why. I’m sorry for making you feel that way. Never forget, I love you like the father I never had the chance to know.”
“And I love you like the daughter I never had. You are very special to me. Now, what is it you came for?” He asked pulling away and wiping his eyes.
“I was wondering, since you are my godfather, if you could sign this permission slip. Dumbledore said you could.” I pleaded, giving him my puppy dog face. He visibly softened and took the paper slip I held out to him. I smiled triumphantly. He chuckled a bit and with a flourish of his quill, signed his permission and handed it back. I stuffed the scrap into my pocket then sat on his lap, burrowing my head into his shoulder. He laughed,
“Aren’t you going to Hogsmeade?”
“Nope. I’m staying right in this very spot, thank you very much.” I replied, closing my eyes and putting my arms loosely around his back. He returned the loose hug and sighed contentedly. I remembered that just days ago was the full moon. And I felt horrible. I hadn’t remembered nor cared about how he had been feeling. I started to cry.
“October, what’s wrong? Why are you crying, love?”
“I’m a horrible daughter! I forgot about the full moon…I hadn’t cared about how you were feeling because I had forgotten!” I cried, tightening my hold on him. “I’m so sorry!”
“Shh, it’s alright. I forgive you. Don’t cry.” He soothed, rocking me back and forth. I slowly fell asleep. And, unbeknownst to me, so did Remus. When I awoke, I realized I was tucked into a comfortable bed that wasn’t my own at all. I sat up quickly, looking around. I relaxed though, when I spotted the sleeping form of Remus on the couch. I felt guilty, that couch really can’t be too comfortable. I got up and shook him.
“Remus, get up. That couch can’t be comfy.” I muttered in his ear.
“No.” He sighed.
“Come on, move to the bed.” I giggled, helping him up and stumble over to it. I pulled the covers over him.
“Night.” He muttered.
“Night dad. Sleep tight.” I smiled and kissed his cheek before leaving. I was shutting his class room door when I heard,
“October? What were you doing in Lupin’s room?” I turned to see a confused Fred.
“Oh, hi Fred. Haven’t you heard? Remus is my godfather. I went to visit him. How was Hogsmeade?” I asked him, walking over.
“Fine. Where’s Lupin?”
“Asleep. I just moved him over to the bed. He really needs more sleep.” I sighed, shaking my head. He laughed and hugged me.
“Yeah, he does seem worn out a lot. So, can he sign your Hogsmeade form?”
“He did. You and I can go to Hogsmeade next visit, if you’d like. Next one’s before Christmas break, isn’t it?”
“Yup. Will you be coming with us or are you staying here?”
“I don’t know. I’ll have to talk to Harry and Remus first.”
“Why Lupin?”
“Fred, Remus is very much like the father I never got to have. If he is able, I’d love to spend Christmas with him.”
“Oh. Well I have to go.” He said suddenly as he spun on his heel and left. I stared after him in disbelief. Did he seriously get jealous of my godfather?
“Miss Potter, we are not fish, so close your mouth.” Said a highly recognizable voice from the hall on my left.
“Sorry, Professor Snape.” I answered mechanically, closing my gaping mouth.
“What’s wrong?”
“Fred just got jealous of me wanting to possibly spend Christmas with my godfather. Anyways, I have to go Professor.” I muttered, and went on my way to the Great Hall. I wondered why he was so upset. Couldn’t he understand that I loved Remus very much but in a fatherly way? And that I’d want to spend such a special holiday with my pseudo father? I didn’t care for him in the way I did for Fred, but he was much more important to me than him at the moment. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t spent Christmas with somebody since his school days, I could see the immense loneliness in his eyes and it killed me. I was broken from my thoughts when I heard Harry call my name as I was about to enter the Great Hall.
“Hey Toby! How was your nap?” He smirked.
“How do you know about that?”
“I came cuz Professor Lupin invited me for tea and he wanted to show me his Grindylow. I just found you curled into his lap asleep. His head was laying on yours and he was asleep also. The door accidentally slammed shut and woke him up. He put you in the next room and we had tea.” He laughed. I giggled as well as we walked in for lunch.
“I feel so bad. I’ve been sorta ignoring him. He was a wreck when I walked in.”
“Why?”
“None of your business.”
“No need to get defensive.”
“Of course not.” I smiled, sitting at the Gryffindor table next to Fred. “Fred, why are you angry with me?” I asked, turning to the boy in question.
“Because you don’t want to spend Christmas with me!” He sighed, throwing his hands into the air with exasperation.
“Of course I want to bloody spend Christmas with you! Why the hell wouldn’t I? But I might not get another chance for Remus because I live with my Aunt and Uncle. I’ve got a lot longer to spend time with you.” I explained, fighting the whine that so desperately wanted to work its way into my voice. “Come on, there’s always next year, and we’ve got Valentine’s Day.” I said, smiling at him. He perked up a bit at this.
“Yeah, you’re right. I’m sorry, Toby.” I hugged him.
“It’s alright. Now, let’s eat, I’m starving.” I moaned, piling my plate with food. He laughed and began eating too.

The rest of the day was filled with jokes and laughter, and things finally seemed to be going good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I do not own anything Harry Potter, but I do own the OC's and plot line.