Forbidden

Chapter Six: Peanut Butter Jelly Boggarts

When I woke up the next day, I found myself looking forward to DADA for once. I quickly grabbed my clothes and scrambled to the bathroom. After I was ready for the day, I skipped down to the common room.
“Hello dear brother!” I grinned, slinging my arm around his shoulders. He smiled.
“Hey Toby.”
“Come on! I wanna see what my schedule is!” I replied excitedly, dragging him out of the common room.

When we reached the Great Hall, I smiled and waved happily at Remus, who waved back with a smile of his own. Snape glared at me. I smiled cheekily at him, reading the jealousy and confusion in his eyes. His glare worsened. Harry dragged me over to the House table, and I immediately began eating, piling my plate high enough to rival Ron.
Finally, McGonagall passed out our schedules. I opened mine and squealed excitedly.
“Yes! I have DADA first! I wonder what Remus will teach us?” I asked, looking over at my godfather with a wide smile.
“Something useful, I expect.” Hermione replied, also glancing at Remus.
After breakfast and grabbing our bags, we sped over to the DADA classroom. I opened the door and walked in, Hermione, Ron, and Harry following. Hermione sat together while Ron and Harry did. Well, since Remus was shuffling papers at his desk, I just dropped my bag at my seat and walked up to him.
“Hello Remus…I mean…Professor.” I giggled. He laughed and looked at me.
“Hello Miss Potter.”
“Ewe,” I said, scrunching my nose. “That makes me sound old. Just call me Toby, Professor Lupin.” He laughed and replied,
“Only if you call me Remus,”
“Well, technically I already was,” I joked. “So, what’re we doing today?”
“Today, Toby, we will be working on Boggarts.”
“Oh! I know what that is! Isn’t it a dark creature that takes the form of whatever scares you the most?”
“Correct to you are. Ten points to Gryffindor for extra reading.”
“Awe, I feel so smart.” I giggled.
“Alright class! We are going to conduct our lesson in the teacher’s lounge today.” Remus said loudly. I followed him as he headed toward the door, scooping up my bag as we walked by.

“So, who can tell me what a Boggart is?” Hermione and I’s hands shot up.
“Miss Granger.”
“It is a creature that takes the shape of what you fear most.”
“Correct; five points to Gryffindor.”
“Who can tell me what a Boggart looks like?” My hand shot up, along with Hermione’s.
“Miss Potter?”
“Nobody knows. It’s impossible seeing as it changes shape as soon as it’s let out.” I replied.
“Another five points to Gryffindor.”
“Now, what is the advantage of having a group when facing a Boggart?” Again, both Hermione and I’s hand shot up.
“Miss Potter?”
“Having a group means the Boggart will become confused on what shape it should take, possible making it look funny.”
“And why would it looking funny be an advantage?”
“The thing that really kills Boggarts is laughter. They can’t stand it.” I replied promptly.
“Excellent! 20 points to Gryffindor. Now, the spell to defeat a Boggart is ‘Riddikulus’. Say it with me,”
“Riddikulus!” The class repeated.
“Now, who would like to give it a try?” My hand shot up, it being the only one. I didn’t know what I feared, and I wanted to find out.
“Ms. Potter.” I stepped up excitedly and stood in front of the wardrobe.
“Now, what are you afraid of?”
“I don’t know, and I want to find out.” I replied determinedly. He nodded.
“Alright, let’s see what you make of your Boggart.” Remus said, and waved his wand. The doors opened…and nothing.
“How the bloody hell do you make nothing funny?” I asked, loudly. “Oh, wait.” I thought of Professor Snape doing the ‘Peanut Butter Jelly’ dance and song. “Riddikulus!” I cried. The class erupted into hyena-like laughter at the sight.
“Good job, October!” Remus laughed.
“Yes, very nice job indeed.” I gulped and turned to see a very angry Professor Snape.
“It’s peanut butter jelly time; it’s peanut butter jelly time! Where you at, where you at? Now there you go, there you go! Peanut butter, jelly! Peanut butter, jelly! Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat! Peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly, peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat!” The Boggart Snape yelled in the background. I pressed my lips together to keep from laughing. I dimly noticed the slam of the wardrobe door and the absence of the Peanut Butter Jelly song. Snape stormed out of the room.
“What? No points? No detentions? THAT WAS AN IMPOSTER!!” I screamed, pointing after Snape. The class was quiet, no one laughed, and I suspect it was because they agreed with me.
“I assure, Miss Potter, I am not an imposter. By the way, detention this Saturday, 3’o clock sharp.” Snape said silkily, sticking his head back in.
“I can’t.” I replied, idly weaving my wand around my fingers.
“And why not?”
“Professor Lupin has some information for me, and we are meeting on Saturday, at 3. But I’d be happy to come to you at 5’o clock instead.” The class was gaping. He scowled at Remus before giving me a curt nod and striding out. “And that, class, is how you handle the Potions Master…oh, and I believe class is at an end.” I smiled, before grabbing my bag and striding out to Transfiguration.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit short, but totally worth it, don't you agree? ;D