Forbidden

Chapter Eight: Sirius Developments

September faded into October and went as smoothly as it could possibly go…but then again…this is Hogwarts. So I wasn’t totally surprised when there was a mob blocking the way to the Gryffindor common room.
“Oi, what’s the hold up?!” I asked loudly.
“Neville probably forgot the password again.” Ron groaned.
“Hey!” Neville said indignantly from behind me.
“Sorry Neville,” He grumbled.
“Ron, don’t be such a boob. A) Look around you, everyone here is a Gryffindor. And B) it could be quite possible the Neville is right behind you. Which he is. Therefore, your theory doesn’t work.” I said as Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me through the crowd. I gasped. The Fat Lady was gone…and her portrait was slashed.
“What the fuck happened?!” I gasped, looking at the portrait hole entrance wide eyed. I block everything out for a moment, staring at the picture…a shady man…a knife…Fat Lady refusing…I gasped as I pulled out of the vision. I just looked back in time. Holy. Fucking. Shit.
“When did Percy get here? And Dumbledore? And the ghosts? And Filch? And the teachers? Jesus, what the fuck did I miss?” I asked, looking around, taking in the new people.
“Like…two minutes ago. Are you all right?” Hermione asked as I began to feel dizzy and light headed.
“Fine…” I mumbled, before passing out.

“Fucking hell…” I groaned, opening my eyes. Fainting seems like it’s been occurring over and over again. Though, second year wasn’t my fault…stupid Basilisk…
Anyways! I looked around to see that I was alone…except for the sleeping Remus next to me. I smiled softly. He really was like my dad.
“Remus,” I whispered, shaking him. He blinked sleepily. “Come on, Remmy, get up.” He looked at me and let out a sigh of relief.
“God October, you scared me.”
“Yeah, well, I scare me. It’s completely normal.” I replied cheerily.
“Toby, don’t ever do that to me again.” Remus sighed, hugging me. I hugged him back.
“I’m sorry. It won’t.” I whispered. “Who was it?” I asked, even though I already knew.
“Sirius Black broke into the castle.” He said, his face paling slightly.
“I had a feeling,” I sighed, shaking my head. Black really isn’t helping my ‘he can’t be evil’ thought.
“Whaddo you mean?” He asked, his eyebrows furrowing.
“When I stared at the slashed portrait…I had a vision of sorts. I saw what went down, between the Fat Lady and Black…”
“What? What are you talking about, Toby?” I could tell he was worrying; it shone in his eyes like a beacon.
“Oh, stop worrying. I’ve had special talents from the start. Like I can tell when people are lying and what they’re feeling by looking in their eyes. I guess my powers just took it a step further and now I can see into the past a couple of hours, maybe longer.” I shrugged.
“Okay, so, for you, this is normal?” He asked, calming.
“Yeah, completely. You can even ask Snape, he’s had loads of firsthand experience with my freakiness.” I giggled.
“You aren’t freaky, Tober.” Remus replied sternly.
“Whatever you say…Anyways, who’s replacing the Fat Lady?” I asked. Remus pulled a face.
“Sir Cadogan.” I groaned and fell back against my pillow.
“Black will get in for sure.”
“How?”
“Sir Cadogan will most likely keep changing the password. Neville has enough problems with it with the Fat Lady. Neville will probably get a list of the passwords, leave it lying around, and badabing badaboom, Black now has a list of passwords.”
“That seems a little farfetched to me.” He said skeptically. I shrugged.
“This is Hogwarts, everything here is a little farfetched.”
“I still don’t think Black will get into the Common Room.”
“Is Black an Animagus?” I asked, remembering the black dog on Magnolia Crescent.
“What?”
“Is Black an Animagus?” I asked insistently.
“Yes…”
“What is his animal?” Remus didn’t answer. “Remus John Lupin, tell me! This is bloody important!”
“A black dog.” He sighed.
“I think I know how he escaped.” I whispered.
“What? How?”
“My theory is that he changed into his Animagus form and slipped through the bars. Dementors can’t do anything to animals. I think that might be why Patronus’ are animals. And…I don’t think he wants to kill Harry and I.”
“What are you talking about?”
“I’m not gonna say anything yet, not till I get all my facts. I’m tired, your tired, let’s just sleep and we can talk later…”

I avoided Remus for the rest of the week. I pissed Snape off as often as possible, getting as many detentions as I possibly could. I knew Remus was trying to talk to me, but I didn’t want to talk to him. This Black issue is too much for me to handle. So, I went to seek the advice of a very smart man. Severus Snape.

I knocked on his door.
“Come in.” He sighed. I walked in.
“I need advice.” I stated, sitting at a desk in the front row.
“Shouldn’t you see your head of house for this?” He asked coldly.
“My head of house isn’t as smart as you. And no, I’m not trying to flatter you. I know you’re really smart. Anyways, I said something I shouldn’t have and now the person I said it to wants to talk. So, I’ve been avoiding him by getting detentions with you. What the bloody hell do I do?”
“Depends on what you said too much of.”
“It was about Black. Alright. Now, how do I get him off the topic?”
“Obliviate the memory.”
“That’s illegal, he’s a teacher.”
“Give him a potion then, they won’t be able to trace that back to you.”
“Were will I get said potion? I doubt you’d just give it to me. Unless you could infuse it with his wolfsbane…”
“We could be getting somewhere.” He smirked.
“How about, instead of you giving me punishment, we work on that every Saturday? Gives us something to do and helps me avoid Remus.”
“How is this good for me?”
“You get to screw with Remus’s head.” I replied, a nasty feeling in my stomach. I didn’t like this—not one bit. But Remus really just can’t ask about it.
“Alright. I’ll play your little game. We don’t get this done by the second full moon—we’re done trying. Agreed?”
“Yes sir.” I nodded, then got up to leave the room.
“And Ms. Potter,” I turned. “I suggest not telling anyone about this.”
“Why would I in the first place. It’s not really something to brag about. See ya, Professor.” I smiled, then walked out of the classroom.

I was walking by the Great Hall when someone grabbed my wrist.
“Hey!” I squealed as I was pulled inside. I looked at my capturer. “Neville? What’s up?” I asked. He looked down and scuffled nervously.
“George said that Fred wanted me to ask you if you’d go out with Fred.” He stuttered. I blushed.
“Oh…er, tell him I’ll think about it, alright? Sorry about this Neville, you must be awfully embarrassed.” I mumbled, looking down at my shoes. This was unexpected—sure, Fred had been flirting a bit, but I didn’t think this would happen.
“Yeah…bye October.” He muttered and quickly walked past me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh yeah, DRRRRAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAA :P (I do not own anything Harry Potter exept for October :P)