‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers
Status: Finished

I've Never Told A Lie

Jack

Jack POV

Jasey moved out, coming to live with me, which was great. I got to see her every day and I didn’t have to worry about her getting hurt.

I really thought she was okay. I treated her like a princess, which is what she was. But she was never okay, as I found out. I went to hug her, but she jumped, so I backed away.

"What did I do?" I asked frantically. If I ever hurt her I didn’t know how I would live with myself.

"N-Nothing, I'm just not used to people hugging me. I'm sorry." she whispered timidly.

"Don't be." I whispered back.

"Can we try again?" she asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

She walked to me and put her arms around me slowly. I did the same, keeping my arms loosely around her waist so she could easily get away if it got to be too much for her.

"I can't stand this. He was horrible to you and now I can't even touch you, but I swear to God I'll never hurt you like that." I whispered.

"I know you won't. But I just can't help it. You've been so good to me. I wish there was something I could do." she replied sadly. I hated that she was almost guilty for something he did.

"Will you come on tour with us?" I asked.

"What?" she asked.

"Come on tour with us." I repeated.

"When?" she asked.

"In a week." I replied.

"I don't know. What about my job?" she asked.

"You can do merch. We'll pay you whatever they're paying you now plus tips." I offered.

"Okay." she smiled.

"Awesome." I replied and left to go plan for the tour. I called Zayden. “Hey man.” I said when he picked up.

“S’up, bitch?” Zayden asked.

“Jasey Rae’s coming on tour.” I told him.

“Yay!” he squealed. “Is she doing okay?” he asked seriously.

“Yeah, the whole thing just sunk in, so she’s pretty shaken up.” I replied.

“Man, you cannot fuck things up this time. That would crush her.” Zayden reminded me.

“I know, dude. But I’ve never felt like this before. I mean, she scares me almost, I like her so much. I would hate to do a repeat of what I did in high school.” I told him.

“Then don’t. Be the guy she needs. Give her everything without a second thought. I know you can stay true to her.” He replied.

“Thanks, man. I think I’m gonna ask her to be my girlfriend at the end of our first show on tour.” I grinned.

“That’s awesome, man!” he said.

“Yeah, I’ll tell you more later. Look, I gotta go. I think Jasey Rae’s screaming.” I told him.

“Is she okay?” he asked.

“I don’t know. I’m gonna go see.” I told him.

“Good, do that.” He said and we hung up.

I went into the bedroom to find Jasey Rae laying on the bed, thrashing around and screaming.

“Jase?” I asked quietly. She was thrashing really hard, so I grabbed her arms, but she fought harder and screamed louder. I wished I could stop her pain, wake her up, anything to stop feeling helpless.

"Jasey! Jasey! Wake up!" I whispered urgently. She finally opened her eyes and saw me standing over her, holding her arms down to the bed. I realized how stupid and careless that was. "Oh sorry." I said gruffly and let her go.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I don't know. I heard you screaming, so I ran in and you were thrashing around so I tried to hold you down, but you just thrashed harder." I explained, feeling guilty about grabbing her.

"I was having a dream of the night I almost got raped, but you didn't save me and I was chained to the floor." she whispered, on the verge of tears. She hugged me around the waist and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped his arms carefully around me in case she came to her senses and didn’t want me touching her.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay. I saved you and he's gone now. It's okay." I whispered soothingly, rubbing her back gently.

--

Soon enough, the week went by and we were going on tour. Alicia, Kara, and Amanda went along as well. We arrived at our first stop in Dallas. We hopped off the bus.

"Jesus Christ, it's hot." I complained.

"You'll get over it." Jasey Rae laughed.

We went off to do a show and Jasey Rae, Amanda, Alicia, and Kara got to watch backstage. We went through our songs with the typical sarcastic banter in between each one, but I was nervous the whole time and I could barely give my best due to thinking about what was to happen at the end of the show.

"So what's up Dallas? How ya doin today?" I asked the crowd after the third song.

"Good!" the crowd yelled.

"Awesome. So there's a really awesome girl with us today. Jasey Rae, can you come out, please?" I said into my mike. She walked out. "Jasey Rae, I've known you since we were in diapers and loved you for almost that long. Be my girlfriend?" I asked, praying she’d say yes.

"Sure." she smiled and I hugged and kissed her and she didn't flinch away. Then the song I’d set to play right about this time began playing from the boom box backstage. I kissed her again and smiled at her and sent me backstage again.

"How did you know I was going to say yes to you?" she asked me later.

"I didn't. I was hoping you would so I wouldn't look like a fool with that song playing." I replied.

"What would you have done if I said no?" she asked.

"I would've gone in the corner and cried." I replied. She laughed and it was the most beautiful sound I’d ever hear.

"I love you, Jack." she smiled.

"I love you too, Jase." I smiled back and kissed her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I might continue this, even though I said it would end here. I have plans to do that, like more to the plot. Or I could end it like I said I would and make that part of the plot a third part to the series. Pick one. Only thing is, I can't tell you what the plot is like cuz that would ruin the whole thing.

But like I said, I may or may not do it.