Sequel: Angel's Child

Golden Angel

Chapter 78

Home ALL alone…

AGAIN…

Artemis was meditating with her sensei, remembering the fight she and Leo had…yelled…earlier…

“You can’t come with us!”

“I have just as much right to beat Hun’s ass as anybody else!”

“You could get hurt!”

“I could ALWAYS get hurt! Trying to keep me out isn’t going to help any!”

“We need to think about this baby!”

“I am!”

“Apparently, you don’t care!”

“Don’t even GO there!”

“Then be responsible!”

“What do you mean by that?!”

“You need to stop thinking of yourself!!”

SMACK!!!

The gold-banded turtle flinched, remembering the hurt look on Leo’s face after she’d smacked him…

She couldn’t help it…

Her mood swings took control of her body…

The crimson-eyed turtle had apologized profusely afterward, putting an icepack on his red cheek as she kept saying how sorry she was…

He had accepted, assured her that it did nothing more than sting, before the boys left with Chi and Mizu to pick up Casey on their way…

Kasai was sitting on the couch, watching TV as she had some cheese-covered chocolate.

Even ARTEMIS nearly gagged…

“My daughter.”

She peeked an eye open, looking at her father curiously.

“Sensei?”

“You may go relax, Artemisia. It seems meditation does not bring happy thoughts for you tonight.”

“Thank you, sensei…”

Standing with some difficulty, the gold-banded turtle made her way out into the main room.

Mitsukai helped her owner to the couch with gentle nudges, and the she-turtle sunk into the couch cushions…

“Artie?”

“I’m alright…My ankles are just starting to hurt…”

Kasai was just beginning to show, but she’d soon know the pain of lugging a huge weight around her stomach…

The she-turtle’s plastron seemed almost strained, stretched, from the baby inside, and the jade-skinned turtle still felt weird.

She was used to her lower plastron being flat, and NOT seeing a belly when she looked down…

“What’s on?”

“Well…There’s ‘Clean House’, ‘CSI’, and ‘House’…”



Both shared a glance…

“...House…”

Have you ever seen ‘House’?

It is LITERALLY the most witty, sarcastic, funny show they know…

Not funny like Mikey funny, but a more mature funny…

Actually, Artemis got a kick out of seeing her youngest brother ATTEMPT to understand the jokes…

“Do you want anymore…chocolate?”

“I’m good…more pickles?”

“I guess…”

The turtle used Airbending to bring her already-prepared dish towards her…

“…He’s not mad at you, Artie…”

Lowered eyes…

“I know…”

“Your brain knows that…but does your heart?”

“…I don’t know…”

“…I suppose it’ll take time…”

“Maybe…”

The Firebender sighed, looking up at the ceiling…

“…Do you love each other?”

“Yes.” Artemis answered without hesitation.

“Love is that fire in your heart that never goes out, never runs out of flame. Every relationship has its ups and downs, its fights, but they inevitably have make-ups and apologies.”

Gold eyes turned to the sole Airbender…

“Don’t worry about it going out…Because it won’t…”

“…Thanks, Kasai…”

The crimson-eyed turtle pulled her friend into a hug…

“You’re a great friend…”