LoVe, LuSt...and Jelly Bracelets/ Shag Bands?

New Life

I groaned as my mother stepped out of our small, cottage house and I followed right behind. There was a big moving van parked right outside. "Why do we have to move?" We set the last two boxes in the van and the driver slammed the door shut. My mother gave him the address and he sped off.

"Sam, you'll like where we're going, Jason and I already agreed that it's about time and you need to get to know him better..." I glared at the big rock that was placed on her wedding finger. Jason was my mom's boyfriend and he sadly had the guts to finally ask my mother for her hand in marriage. Fun. She gave me a timid 'everything's going to be alright' smile. Ha.

"But what about all my friends? I'm going to miss them forever and ever." I frowned. Waiting for her reply.

She sighed. "You'll make new friends where we're going, besides Sally will be visiting in four months!" Great. I'll probably die by then. My life will be hopeless.

I ran inside my soon-to-be old house. Just thinking that I could never come back here, all the memories rushed out. I sighed and decided I needed fresh air.

My mother went inside to make sure that nothing was going to be left. I looked up the road to see a familiar face walking my way. "Sally!" I cried.

I ran towards her already feeling warm, stinging tears coming from my eyes. She ran towards me. Her straight, brown hair whipping in her face and I could see in her deep, green eyes that she was crying as well. We embraced in a tight hug. Sally had been my best friend since we met in a sandbox when we were measly five year olds.

"I'll miss you" She whispered.

"I know... I'll miss you more." I said trying to keep my voice from cracking with failure.

"Promise me you'll come and visit in the summer?"

"Promise." She replied.

By the time I said my painful farewells to Sally my mother called me. I saw that she was already in our old, massacred car waiting too eagerly to get to our new life. I jumped in and got ready for the longest drive of my life.

We drove across the freeway and it felt like a lifetime, only stopping at fast food places for a quick bite and then just going. I begged my mother to stop at a motel or something but she refused, probably just too excited to care about her health. I gave up, put on my earphones of my Itouch and fell asleep.

Later that evening.

"Wake up honey..." My mom whispered. Ugh I felt horrible. My neck was feeling stiff and my bones cracked as I stretched. "Let's go." My mother exclaimed with a huge grin.

As we were walking up the four story house, more like MANSION, my mother whispered to be nice to Jason and his two children. Wait what did she just say?!?

"Children!!" I shouted loud enough for the whole of California to hear. I was exhausted; the drive took a whole day just to get here from New Jersey. I could also see the bags under my mother's eyes and felt, for once, sorry. "Mom, you could have mentioned this before!" I screamed, trying to say it in a calm voice. Oops. I was pissed. Mom knew I hated surprises but she still took the pity of getting my blood pressure high. and she definitely knew...

I. Hated. Children.

I know, I know children are cute and adorable but they drool all over and cry until you get a headache. They are sooo annoying.

I sighed as we walked through the two french doors. I gasped to see three faces glancing up at us. Jason was staring at my mother and two other familiar faces stared at me.

You got to be kidding...