Say You Remember Me

Hey Jealousy

It was quiet back on the road. I was still steaming with fury and Nicole, I guessed, was a bit perturbed with me. I made no move to change that. If she wanted to be pissed, fine she could be pissed.

Nicole sighed, checking her phone. “I’m hungry.”

I glanced at her. “Are you serious?”

“There’s a place we can stop by,” Nicole said, ignoring me. “It’s a restaurant, s’posed to be really good.”

I rolled my eyes. “Restaurants don’t serve our kinda food.”

“No, but this one does,” Nicole said. “It’s kinda morbid, but it’s something.”

I caught the hint of disgust in her voice. Then I remembered she wasn’t an old vampire and was probably still disgusted with blood. “What’s the name?”

“Um….” Nicole checked her phone. “It’s called Bloody Mary’s. S’posed to be big and popular.”

“I’m not into ‘big and popular’, but I’m in a morbid mood,” I growled. “Know how to get there?”

After giving me a sidelong glance, Nicole muttered, “Yeah,” and started giving me directions.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It took only a few hours to get from some middle-of-nowhere dirt road in Tennessee to Nashville, in a secluded area. We pulled into the large parking lot at around midnight, vampire’s peak. The building wasn’t very big and it was wooden, daring any weak vampires to push their limits. I’d heard the lady who owned the place, Mary, was crazy. I was beginning to believe it.

Nicole, after stepping out of the car and sniffing the blood scented air, seemed to have changed her mind about the place. Her nose wrinkled and she held her stomach, ready to double over and vomit.

“Pshh,” I mumbled, walking past her. “Newborns.”

I heard Nicole walking bristly after me.

We stepped in, Nicole rather awkwardly. I didn’t care. Some heads turned, regulars, I guessed. Some snorted, others didn’t pay attention at all. That was fine with me, as long as the bartender did.

Guess what? He did.

Nicole was hesitant at first as we clanged our glasses together. About twenty minutes passed when she realized I was in a much better mood when I was on a buzz. She wasn’t such a bitch herself.

We were on our fifth drink, mixed with Black Magic Wine—the only liquor that could get vampires and humans drunk—when I saw something curious out of the corner of my eye.

She was laughing with a group of people, drinks in her hand. Her hair was like a flame under the dim lights, a beautiful strawberry blonde glow. Her hips swayed absent mindedly to the music and her dark eyes glistened with trouble.

Trouble.

That was a perfect description.

I smirked and made my way over to her, leaving a very confused Nicole. The woman saw me coming. She glanced, then she turned, her full lips stretched out in a wide red grin. She didn’t bother to excuse herself from her group as she sauntered over to meet me halfway.

“Hello,” she purred, her voice melodic. “Have we met?”

I shook my head just slightly. “I don’t believe so.”

“Hmm, well, we’ll have to remedy that, now, won’t we?”

I took the pale hand she offered, kissing the back of it. “Do people dance in this place?”

She nodded toward a wooden dance floor. “They certainly do.”

“Shall we?”

She giggled slightly. “We shall.”

If I thought for a second she wouldn’t be graceful, I was put in my place. She was an excellent dancer. No match for me, of course. There was a perfect balance of teaching her a few unexpected moves.

We finished exactly three dances before she murmured, “You strange man. Who are you?”

“You first,” I murmured in her hair, slow dancing.

“I own this place,” she lifted her head proudly. “I’m Mary.”

I raised a brow. “You own this place?” She certainly didn’t seem crazy to me…

She laughed softly. “You seem surprised.”

I smirked, recovering. “Only a little bit.” I spun her.

She came back giggling. “Hey, you never told me who you were….”

“Why bother? Actually,” Realizing I was only going to stay a few minutes and had successfully stayed a full hour, I reluctantly added, “I have to go.”

Mary’s lip turned in a pout. “Must you, really? We were only beginning to have fun.”

“Sadly, yes,” I said with a smirk. “Got things to do, people to kill….” Just one man….

I stepped away almost hastily. Angry. Angry with myself.

Mary saw the difference in my expression. Her eyes clouded. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, fine,” I said coldly. “I just have to go.”

I started walking away furiously. Nicole was still at the bar counter, completely sloshed. I grabbed her arm and started towing her toward the door. “C’mon.”

She stumbled along, confused. “Wha…? Why..?”

Cool night air blasted against us as we—as I—stormed out. I threw open the passenger door to the Ferrari and Nicole hesitantly got in.

From the front door of the building, there stood a person, staring dazedly after me. I almost felt vaguely sorry. Almost.

I slammed the driver’s door shut and drove the hell out of there, resisting the urge to jam my fists on the steering wheel.

I couldn’t believe I allowed myself to forget the reason I towed this girl with me! I couldn’t believe I’d let myself get carried away with another woman like that…

Forgotten her….

My foot pressed harder on the gas.

Nicole gripped the door. “What the hell is wrong with you? You’re gonna get us killed!”

I glanced at her and smirked. “A car crash can’t kill us.” Under my breath, I added, “Unfortunately.”

“You’re a crazy son of a bitch,” Nicole muttered.

“You damn well better hope so,” I growled.

My cell rang. I checked the number and grimaced. I didn’t wanna deal with that right now. Didn’t wanna deal with it ever.

I put Elena directly to voicemail, not bothering to listen to her message.

Why couldn’t she just leave me the hell alone?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN HOUR BEFORE-

So much for really loving Liv, I thought, as I downed another drink. For a while, I really bought the vengeful lover act. Now I saw the liar that fell for the first good woman he sees in a trampy outfit and flaming hair.

For a few minutes, we were actually having fun. I had no intention of starting anything with Damon Salvatore, but as far as friends went, we were on that right path. And then stilettos comes along.

I felt self pity rising in me and it only felt right to get good and drunk instead of standing there alone, furiously watching the so called vengeful lover dirty dancing with a slut.

Oh well, at least you always have Black Magic Wine….and blood.

But when an hour passed, I wasn’t even pissed anymore. To be honest, I didn’t even remember who the hell Damon Salvatore was. Hell, I was ready to make out with the bartender. Let me tell you, he wasn’t that cute.

I was on my….let’s see, twentieth drink when Damon up and dragged me away. “C’mon,” he growled, sounding seriously pissed.

“Wha…?” My words slurred and my head pounded. “Why…?”

He ignored me as he thrust the door open. I felt my stomach churn as I adjusted to the temperature difference. I was forced into the passenger’s seat. The slut was watching us. I glowered, willing myself to vomit in the car.

I nearly did when Damon sped away. I knew it was all in my head, but I was still afraid. Damon had a fucking death wish! What, he wanted to die? He wanted to die in a car crash?

Then I got it.

Playboy forgot his role as vengeful lover.

Though I wanted to poke at him—in my drunken mind, I was surprised I didn’t—I kept my mouth shut.

Guess he loved Liv after all.

Stilettos’ pull wasn’t that strong. Even from the grave, Liv called louder.

Good girl.

My stomach churned again, and it wasn’t because of Damon’s driving or being drunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title is from a song, dunno who sings it, I forgot. But I like the song and it fit the chapter.

Wow, it's a miracle! I updated twice and it's not a month apart! I guess I'm getting back on track.

Let me know some feedback, please, I appreciate it. After all, this isn't a boring chapter and it's decently long, no?

TTFN,
Hannah