Instant Trouble

Sunday

I was on the computer all of Saturday. That was pretty normal for me though.
I know that playing on the computer was bad for you but I don’t really care.

It was about half one on Sunday afternoon when jess rang.

"Hello," I said cheerfully.

"What the hell are you playing at?" jess hissed angrily down the phone.

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about going out with Jess. And I had been on the computer to Kyle.

"Umm... I was busy and you know what my mums like."

"You always use that excuse, and it doesn’t work anymore!"

I shook my head in disbelief. "Jess you’re supposed to be my friend. I'm sorry I forgot."

"It took me ages for me to get them tickets, and you know it did. I can’t believe you could be so inconsiderate."

I was angry now. "Look, get over it."

"I will get over it when you apologize."

"Huh. You want me to apologize to you? You wish."

"Fine. Well done expect me to come to your house before school tomorrow."

"Well that’s good because I don’t want to see you tomorrow."

"You’re such a bitch!"

"Well at least I’m not...I’m not"

"Not what?" jess sneered.

"You’re ...a cow!"

Jess sniggered and hung up.

I felt tears well up in my eyes. We have had arguments before but never this much. I sighed.

I went over to the computer and Kyle buzzed in.

Kyle says: hey, how r u?

Amelodramaticemergency says: not gd. just had a huge argument with my best mate.

We carried on talking for about an hour. Kyle understood me completely. He said he was a bit of an outcast. He didn’t have many friends. I felt sorry for him. He sent me his phone number. I gave him mine. I knew that what I was doing was probably wrong but I had to admit that I fancied him a lot!