Status: FINISHED :D

Music Academy

Where the Heart Leads

I walked onto the campus of Music Academy expecting it to be you’re regular camp, one where you would just have a good time with a group of friends. I didn’t expect it to be like school with cliques and all that jazz, but I was wrong.
My name is Catie Godfrey, but most call me by my singer name, Catie Ashes. I am 18 years old and I am from a city in North Carolina. I came to the academy hoping to get a shot at becoming the next big thing and plus I really wanted to meet people who inspired just like me.
After 3 years straight of working non-stop I finally raised the money to be able to go here for the summer before I take off to some stupid college. It was amazing how excited I was. The minute I started to walk towards the main cabin, where the directions I had gotten only gotten days ago had told me to go first, I felt kind of low. Everyone was dressed so nice and I was wearing a red tank top, some ripped jeans, and some fucked up chucks. It seemed as if I stood out of the crowd.
I took a seat at an empty table in the main cabin which I figured out was the cafeteria. Everyone seemed hyped and was talking to their friends. I started to worry that maybe I wouldn’t make friends. I gazed around the room, hoping to find someone who might give me a chance.
“Hey there” came a feminine voice. I turned around to see a girl with bright orange hair. She was dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and vans.
“Hey” I smiled warmly; “I’m Catie” She nodded and sat beside me.
“I’m Haley” she said, “You’re new?” I nodded as I got a closer look at her. She was somewhat pale and her makeup was as bright as her hair.
“That sucks,” she said. I looked at her, confused, but she didn’t look at me.
“Why?” I asked, speaking the question that was written on my face.
“More meat for Dahvie and his sex crew” She scoffed, “That is unless you stick around with me”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“If you stick around with me you won’t ever have to know what I mean okay?” She said, finally looking at me. I didn’t dare ask any more questions.
“You won’t have to worry about being cabined with the girl’s of the crew, saying there is only one, but I still recommend you stay away from her. She is a big slut” Haley said and then pointed to a girl with brown hair, “That’s her. Her name is Miley” She looked at the girl in disgust.
“Alright” I said simply.
“You don’t talk much” she said, “I like you” I smiled lightly as she wrapped her pinkie around mine, “We’re friends now okay?” I nodded. Our conversation was cut short when the Camp Owner came out.
“Hello everyone” The short pudgy man yelled over the ruckus. Suddenly, everyone was quiet. The man stood on one of the tables and was handed a mike.
“Welcome to the Music Academy! I am Wilkins FitzGerald, owner of the academy. I would just like to introduce the teachers for the new ones though I see many familiar faces. We have six lovely teachers this summer and I know you all will make them feel welcome as did last year,” a few people laughed and I wished to know why.
“Our six lovely teachers are Ms. Johnson, Mr. McCartney, Mr. G. Way, Mr. M. Way, Mr. Iero and Mr. Ross,” He pointed to each teacher as he spoke their names, “Now I will assign the Cabins”
“For girls, Cabin One belongs to Ms. Demi Lovato, Haley Williams, Miley Cyrus, and supervisor Ms. Johnson”
“Shit” Haley Whispered, “You get to be in a cabin with some new kids”
“Cabin two goes to Catie Godfrey, Alison Michalka, AJ Michalka, and supervisor is Mr. M. Way” He continued with the rest of the cabins and then sent us off. The two girls I had to share a cabin with were new as well. They were two blonds and were sisters. They were pretty cool I guess and were just as clueless as me. When done packing we were called to lunch. We sat together until Haley came with a group of boys and one girl.
“Hey, Catie” Haley said. She sat beside me and the boys scooted in. They all looked at me in curiosity.
“Sup?” I replied, lifting my head a little.
“I wanted you to meet the guys,” She said. She pointed them all out to me and I would just nod. Afterwards we all got in the lunch line.
“The food here is way better than the ones back at my school” Haley said, “These people are five star chefs” I grabbed my plate and began to follow them back to the table. Suddenly, I ran into someone. My food spilled all over the floor.
“Oh my god! Are you okay?” came the most beautiful voice I had ever heard. I looked up to see the perfect face to match the voice. He had long black hair with multicolored highlights. He wore a pair of zebra skinny jeans with a pink tee shirt underneath a white jacket. I was rendered speechless by his beauty. Haley came running towards us as he put out his hand for me to take.
“Do you not speak?” He asked. I opened my mouth, trying to manage a few coherent words.
“Catie!” she yelled and grabbed my arm before I could reach out for his hand or even say a word. She helped me up and steadied me.
“Dearest Haley” He smiled. She seemed dazzled for only a second, but I saw her mentally slap herself.
“Dahvie” She said and pushed me behind her.
“Who’s your new friend?” He asked, looking behind her. He was trying to look at me.
“None of your nosy” she replied, “Now I suggest you go get her another tray or I’ll…I’ll”
“You’ll what?” He asked in a seductive way. She didn’t seem fazed this time by his sexual ways, but I was.
“Just do it!” Haley yelled. He laughed lightly, but went in the line to get me another tray of food. Haley pulled me back to the table and brushed me off. She was worse than my mother.
“Are you alright?” she asked and helped me sit down.
“Yes mother” I replied sarcastically. She grimaced, but took her seat beside me. She said nothing to me or to Dahvie when he set my tray down. He didn’t say anything to me either, but he did give me a wink when she wasn’t looking. I had to admit he was absolutely dreamy, but there was nothing I could do about that. I could tell he was the ultimate player.
After eating lunch we were sent to our first class. Mine was about the importance of pitch. Ms. Johnson taught that. Haley wasn’t in the class nor was any of the crew, but Dahvie was.
When I walked into the class I took a seat. I was the first one there. Ms. Johnson had applauded me and dubbed me her favorite student. I took honor in this and I supposed she’d be my favorite teacher. She told me we would usually have this class before lunch instead of after it and I kind of liked that. When it appeared everyone was in the class Ms. Johnson called roll.
“And finally Dahvie Vanity” she called out, searching the room. I found myself searching too, but he was nowhere to be found. She sighed and pushed some blond hair out of her eyes in frustration.
“Dahvie, Dahvie, Dahvie always late” she murmured to herself.
“I’m here!” came the perfect voice. I looked towards the door and there he stood. He looked worn down, as if he had been running.
“Where were you?” she asked. He smiled lightly and Ms. Johnson sighed. She obviously knew his reason. He came in and sat behind me. Ms. Johnson continued her lesson without another word to him. He tapped my shoulder lightly and I turned. I soon regretted it. I felt my cheeks become warm as I watched some sweat run down his face to his neck. I examined his full lips as he smiled innocently at me.
“I never got your name” He said. His eyelashes fluttered.
“Catie” I coughed out. My lips were suddenly dry and my heart was racing. The way he looked at me made me feel like he knew. I looked away, back to Ms. Johnson.
“A beautiful name for a beautiful girl” He whispered in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine and I was sure I felt fingers running up my back.
“Thank you” I whispered, “Now if you don’t mind I’d like to learn” He said nothing else to me and it somewhat made me sad. I was starting to like him despite the fact that I knew he was not the one for me, but the way he had looked at me….just made me feel…loved. I was happy when class finally ended and we got to take a break down by the lake. I went to my cabin first to change into my red two piece bikini.
As I walked down to the lake I heard someone whistle. It was Dahvie. He and a few people were chilling on a cliff by the lake where you could jump off and dive into the water. He waved at me and motioned for me to come over. I knew I should have went to go find Haley and the guys, but I couldn’t stop myself. I climbed up to where Dahvie was. There was the girl Miley in a skimpy purple bikini. She was laying on a towel and a guy with long black hair with a lot of tattoos was rubbing up her thigh. There was what looks like a chick that had pink hair and wore a pink bikini, but once I looked again I realized it was a guy. Three boys laid lazily on a tree behind me. One had long black hair with white streaks; he wore black swimming trunks. Another had glasses and wore orange swimming trunks with a white shirt. The last one had short black hair and a tattoo on his arm; he wore red swim shorts.
“Hey, sexy” Dahvie said and hugged me, making sure to put his hands on my ass as he did so. I tried not to notice.
“Hey” I replied.
“I wanted to introduce you to the guys” He smiled, “The chick is Miley, the guy with her is Ronnie, Mr. Pinkie is Jeffree, guy in black swimming trunks is Bill, guy with the glasses is Patrick, and the one in the red is Pete”
“Nice to meet you guys” I said, shyly.
“Aw isn’t she a cute little bitch” Jeffree laughed, taking off his Chanel sunglasses. I stood there awkwardly.
“Well I guess I’ll be going” I said after a moment of silence. Dahvie grabbed my waist.
“I’ll come with you” he said. He seductive ways pulling me in slowly. Miley examined my reaction, seeming somewhat envious.
“Um thanks, but no thanks. I’ll see you around. Bye” I said quickly, sliding his hand carefully off me and running downhill.
“Damn dude you aren’t gettin’ any from her tonight!” I heard Jeffree yell as the rest of the group laughed. I found Haley walking on the shore of the lake. She seemed worried.
“Haley!” I yelled. She looked up at me and her eyes lit up. She ran to me and hugged me.
“Oh my god I was so worried!” She yelled. It was weird knowing that she had been so worried about me.
“Sorry” I murmured. The guys were not far off and I took a seat beside the other girl in the group. Her name was Demi.
“Haley was defensive over me like that last year” Demi remarked, “It was hell, but once she starts trusting in you not to fall for that Dahvie guy she chills out a little”
“Why is it such a big deal?” I asked.
“On the last day of summer last year she told me that when she first got here it was Dahvie’s first year too. When she first met him she instantly fell in love and he seemed to be so in love with her too. That is until the second summer when Miley came. He cheated on Haley for her and when she found out she was torn to pieces. Sometimes I think she protected me out of her own selfish reasons you know?” Demi sighed.
Suddenly it all made sense. She was afraid that Dahvie might actually fall in love with me or Demi or any other girl. That’s why she had tried to keep me away. My insides seemed to rumble in anger. This whole time I thought she really cared when it was all for selfish reasons.
“I know what you mean” I grumbled. We said nothing more and I was happy that Demi respected the fact that I wanted time to think in silence. After awhile I finally decided to speak.
“Knowing that really makes me wonder who the bad people are in this world” I sighed. It was all too confusing.
“I stuck to Haley because I didn’t want the drama” Demi replied simply, “Plus she hooked me up with Joe” her cheeks flushed pink and I smiled. She didn’t know how lucky she was.
“I don’t have an interest for anyone so I guess I’ll just go where my heart leads me” I sighed.
“And where is your heart leading you now?” Demi whispered. I looked her directly in her eyes, surprised by her extreme seriousness. My eyes moved to look off to the cliff in which I had just left where Dahvie stood with his friends.
“Towards him” I whispered. Her eyes widened as I looked back to her, but somewhere in those chocolate brown eyes I saw admiration. She admired me because I was about to do what she never dared to. I was going to get with Dahvie.