Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

17

*Matt's POV*

I stormed out of Jackie's room as she ignored me and began talking on the phone again. As I reached the top of the stairs the front door opened and Zack walked in. I marched down them and he looked up.

"What are you doing here? I was just out looking for yo-" I cut him off by stopping infront of him "Ok... She told you?"

"OF COURSE SHE FUCKING TOLD ME!" I Shouted at him, but he didn't even flinch "What in hell possesed you to tell her that? Dude!" I shouted again and stepped back, the last thing this issue needed was me to deck Zack.

"I don't think you two is such a great idea, Matt. I mean... it's her life, of course, she's seventeen she can handle herself I guess. But.. the decision to have unprotected first-time sex was a clear sign she isn't mature enough to deal with the reprocussions of that!" He shouted the last bit "What if she's pregnant now? HUH?!" He shoved me back "What are you two going to do? She isn't legal, she's a fucking MINOR, Matt. What do you think everyone's going to think about this? What is that going to do for you career?! The band? Don't get me wrong, there's more to it than just the band and you. There's her you have to think about now. Dude... I just don't think... I have my reasons for not approving, and until both of you start making more mature decisions, I still don't approve."

"That made no sense, Zack." I rolled my eyes. "I just don't think it was cool of you to make her decide to break up with me just because you feel like being a complete asshole about this! Zack... shouldn't this be her choice? Our choice together? Don't you think I've thought about what we're going to do if that happens? If she is pregnant?"

"Will you two stay together?" Zack asked.

"I can't predict the future." I looked him dead in the eyes "Four years ago I wouldn't have even imagined I would be in this position right now."

"Don't even talk to me about this right now, dude. I can't... I don't want to see her hurt, that's all. She's my sister, I just got her back a week ago. I don't want you fucking this up and Mom and Dad making a rash decision."

"What would they do? I don't think they'd get rid of her again." I watched as he moved past me "So what? That's it? Now she's going to completely ignore me?"

"It's up to you two." He shrugged and stopped at the bottom of the stairs "JACKIE!" He shouted.

"FUCK OFF!" She shouted back and appeared at the top of the stairs "What?"

"Get down here." Zack pointed to the floor next to him "Unless you want me to drag you down these stairs."

She gave him an unimpressed look and walked down, crossing her arms over her chest. A small smile tugged at her gorgoues pink lips as she looked up at me "What do you want, Zack?"

"If you and Matt decide to be... together, I won't stop you. I just don't think it's in your best interest." He looked up at me "Sorry. We're best friends, nothing personally against you. I just know the way you work. And I don't know if you've changed, or if you're going to treat my sister the same. The latter I don't want happening."

"So...do you approve in the slightest?" Jackie asked, giving him puppydog eyes. Zack tried to look away but you could see the cave in his eyes.

"Somewhat. The slightest bit." He held his fingers about an inch apart. Jackie smiled and lunged at him, wrapping her arms aroud his neck and spinning "Don't get too happy."

"Well I am. 'Cos you're the best brother I could have asked for. You look out for me so much. Thanks." She smiled as Zack kissed the top of her head.

"No problem. Just... if he fucks up, you have to tell me or one of the guys. Because we have the right to kick his ass." Zack smirked at me "You aren't off the hook. But I don't hate you."

"Good. Because you'll be seeing a whole 'lot of me soon." I smiled wide as Jackie walked over to me, wrapping her arm around mine and smiling up at me "Within all my power I will not hurt her."

"All your power better be a whole lot." Zack walked away.

Jackie looked up at me with a giggle "I knew he'd cave. He doesn't want me leaving or something. I Don't know why, he survived seventeen years without me."

"But you're his sister, blood is thicker than water. He cares about you." I kissed her forehead as she leaned against me.

"Wanna come usptairs and talk? It seems we have a lot to talk about." She muttered under her breath as I nodded and followed her up the stairs.

I had to admit, I was scared beyond belief. What if she was pregnant? What exactly were we going to do? What was I going to do? I didn't even know how I'd react.... right now I'd probably freak out. I don't know... I was just hoping and praying to whatever was out there that I'd keep myself under control...
♠ ♠ ♠
Matt's POV for friggin' lovely :) It was a great idea, I hadn't even thought about it lol. I had a whole 'nother chapter written up and then looked at the comments and started writing this :) To me.... it's a dissapointing chapter, but it needed to end like this to transition into the next (supposed to be this) chapter :)

Comments are lovely :)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb