Status: Slow But Sure

I'm Adopted: Vengeance Edition.

96

Matt's POV

"She's not answering." Zack paced the floor. It was three in the morning and Jackie was nowhere to be found. "When was the last time you saw her?" He asked me.

"Like... eleven this morning, she was working on a paper downstairs with... Kerrin, someone, and Dylon? Something like that." I groaned "Then I left cuz she didn't want me around."

I saw out of the corner of my eye Brian give me a questioning look "Ok?" He asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged "All I know is after I left she was ignoring my texts."

"I talked to her at like... four.." Michelle shrugged "She was out shopping in Hollywood for clothes for her first day tomorrow."

"Ok... so she's-"

"Shut the fuck up Jim." Zack shot before he could get any further "Where? Do you know?"

"No, all she said was I'm shopping in Hollywood for actual work appropriate clothes so I don't look like a homeless skank tomorrow, we can hang out tomorrow." Michelle read the text out loud "And that was it."

I tried calling her phone one more time "This time it's straight to voicemail... her phones probably dead." I threw my phone at the couch "Fuck."

"Anyone? Anyone know her friends? Numbers?" Brian asked "Can we hack her facebook?"

"I know her password." Jimmy smiled and ran upstairs to Jackie's room, all of us behind him. He opened her laptop and quickly logged in, we all gave him concerned looks "What? I mean come on, shes twenty-one. It's not that hard..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'd be breaking girl code if I told you." He smiled and began looking through her friends list.

"That's the girl that was here today, Kerrin." I pointed at the picture "I remember because she doesn't like our band."

"Whore." Jimmy mumbled and messaged her.

Hey, this is Jackie's brother and friends. She hasn't answered her phone all afternoon and we were just concerned and wondering if you might know where she is tonight?

He sent it.

"She's typing." Brian pointed at the screen. Michelle rolled her eyes.

I haven't talked to her since we left this afternoon. I'll ask anyone else that might know and I'll get back to you, I hope you find her.

Jimmy typed a quick thanks and our numbers but just as he sent it, Brian's phone started going off.

"Hello?" He answered all too quickly, "Jackie oh my god thank god..- Wait... slow down hunny... what?" He asked.

That's when the color drained from his face. I've never seen him sink to the floor so quicky. His hands covered his face and I could see rage and anger rise in his skin.

"I... Yah... HOW?!" He screamed "Are you fucking kidding-... sorry?!" He shouted "You better fucking... be..." He quieted down "Yah, be outside." He hung up and threw his phone against the wall, leaving a dent.

"Uhm?" Zack asked "What the fuck?"

"You'll get too mad," He pointed at Zack "You'll probably kill someone," He looked at me "So Jimmy and I will be right back." He yanked Jim up by the collar and began rushing out.

"Can you at least tell me?!" Zack called as we all ran out to the front lawn.

Brian turned as he ran, tears now streaming down his cheeks "She's at Kara's." He stopped at his car as we all stopped in our tracks.

"Brian-" Michelle paused.

"She doesn't sound ok." He shook his head and sped off, Jimmy yelling obscenities in the passenger seat as we all stood, in complete shock,

"Wait... Kara's?" I asked, trying to understand the words that left Brian's mouth. "So.."

I felt something on my shoulder and looked to see Zack's hand, his lips bit between his teeth as he nodded "This'll be an interesting night." He patted my back and walked inside. I glanced over at Michelle, she was holding her face in her hands crying.

"I can't believe this happened." She cried and stared up at me "What did we even do wrong? How? How could she end up back there?" She was beginning to get angry "I should have gone shopping with her.."

"Mich, stop." I sighed, shaking my head. Fighting back tears of my own "We can't play the blame game right now. We just have to make sure she's ok." I pulled her into a hug "Let's go inside." She nodded and walked under my arm into the house where Zack was sitting on the couch, staring blank faced at the wall, a bottle of beer in his hand.

"Zack-"

"No." He shook his head "Just sit down."

I nodded, I wasn't sure what he was going to do, but it didn't look good at the sight of his face.

Almost an hour had passed when headlights pulled into the driveway. "Jesus." Michelle shook her head, you could hear them yelling all the way in here.

"DO YOU NOT FUCKING CARE ABOUT ANYTHING?" Brian screamed.

"YOU DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND, BRIAN." Jackie shouted back, then there was a crash.

"That's the fucking bushes you moron." Jimmy huffed as they made their way up the stairs. I could see Zack's face becoming more and more angered every moment.

"I can fucking open a door on my own!" Jackie shouted "Jesus fucking Chri-...s...t.." She stammered as her eyes laned on mine. She gestured towards me and then looked at Brian "I THOUGHT YOU SAID NO ONE WOULD BE HOME?!" She screamed "OH! And he's here too!" She pointed at Zack "This should be fucking brilliant!."

"Jackie." Michelle stood up "What... why?"

Jackie shook her head and waved Michelle off "I need a fucking beer to deal with these pricks." She gestured to Brian and Jimmy. Who in turn just let her go to the kitchen and sat down.

"She. So. Fucked." Brian shook his head "Literally walked in and there were lines of coke everywhere." He put his head in his hands "There were like two people with clothes ON everyone else was in their underwear and doing lines off of peoples abs and asses..." He shuttered "And there were kids in the bathroom shooting up... I checked her arms though, she's clean. I don't know what she took though." He shrugged as Jackie walked back in, a beer in hand "So you gonna explain yourself?" Brian asked as Jackie sat down.

"Well thank you for the chance finally-" She began but Zack cut her off by yanking her up by the arms.

"Zack!" Michelle screamed.

"ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?!" He screamed at her, shaking her slightly "YOU SPENT SIX MONTHS IN REHAB TO GO FUCK IT UP AGAIN? YOU'RE DOING SO WELL, YOU HAVE A JOB, YOU'RE GETTING AN EDUCATION! AND YOU GO FUCK IT UP??" He screamed and threw her back on to the couch, Michelle flinched as Jackie began crying. "You're such a fuck up!" He screamed "You know that?! You're a fuck up.!" He screamed "This is why nothing goes right for you!"

"Zack!" I shouted at him, he waved me off.

"Shut up Matt." He hissed "Jaclyn, what the fuck are you doing?!" He screamed as she stood up, "Sit the fuck down!"

"No!" She shouted and stood toe to toe with him, looking up at Zack.

"SIT THE FUCK DOWN YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!" He raised his hand and I was out of my seat. I grabbed his hand and shoved him on to the couch as Jackie sunk to the floor, her shoulders shaking as she covered her head with her hands, sobbing.

"Zachary fucking Baker!" I screamed and shoved his shoulders against the couch "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I screamed as he blinked a few times, staring from Jackie to me and back again.

"Oh my god..." He whispered.

"Why are you a fucking monster?!" Jackie screamed at him "You didn't even let me fucking explain!" She sobbed and looked up "I only had like six beers, but then we started doing shots of Jack Daniels and I didn't want to drive home." She sobbed "I didn't fucking do any drugs, I was offered them duh. But I didn't fucking do them!" She screamed at Zack "You're the fucking stupid piece of shit!"

"Jackie-" Brian stood just as she did.

"NO!" She screamed "I hate you all! Fuck you!" She screamed "You all thought I slipped didn't you?!" She screamed and looked at me "Did you?" She asked. "You don't trust me?" She stared at me, her eyes a piercing green, burning into mine.

"Jackie I... All I heard was you were at Kara's..." I stammered on my words "I thought-"

"That I was a moron. Right. I get it. Matt..." She choked on her words "I can't believe you. I gave you another chance to actually give a fuck about me and this is where it gets me." She shook her head "Maybe I should have fucking shot up tonight, maybe I wouldn't have had to come back to this." She wiped her hair from the side of her face, a few strands sticking to her tears, and began walking for the stairs.

"Please talk to me," Michelle grabbed her hand.

"No... I'm done with all of you." She whispered "I'm a fuck up, I fuck everything up. And if he had kept going," Jackie stared at Zack "I know he was going to bring up Maddy-"

"No I wasn't." Zack sighed.

"You were. I know you, Zack, that was coming next." She wiped here eyes "I'll get my stuff after work tomorrow, Aaron's gonna help me move." Her eyes moved to mine "Because that's what I do, I fuck up." She laughed bitterly "So why not."

"What?" Brian asked "Why Aaron? I don't understand..."

"Oh," She laughed "Matt never spilled. He had to come get me that night and Aaron was raping me." She looked up at me "So let me go fuck my own life up, maybe I won't have a kid with some asshole this time. Good night." She waved and walked upstairs, slamming her bedroom door.

Everyone turned to Zack "Way. To. Fucking. Go." I sneered.

"You're a fucking loser, Zack." Michelle stood up, walking over and slapping him "You're a fucking asshole."

Zack sat up straight, his hand resting on the red spot from Michelle's slap, and watched as everyone left and stared at me "Aren't you leaving?"

"No, because I don't want either of you to do anything stupid." I sighed "I'm staying."

"Well... have a good night, couch is all your's. I'm gonna go drink myself to sleep." He walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Jack before making his way upstairs.

I laid down on the couch and couldn't wrap my head around what happened tonight, how we could all believe she'd be so stupid... why we didn't trust her.. I wasn't sure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oi vey!